When performing a combat reform the rules state it cannot be used to get a model out of contact with the enemy if it was in contact before the reform was made. It then goes on to say the model can be in base contact with a different enemy at the end of the reform if you wish.
So this may seem like a dumb question but I’m just surprised at the seemingly obvious answer.
You can therefor during a combat reform move a character so that it is in base contact with a different model (as long as it’s still in contact with an enemy model)?
So lets say I’m in combat with a unit of High Elf Spearmen led by a mage with no champion. And hypothetically lets say I know if I issue a challenge he will refuse with his mage (goes to back rank). So in order to kill the mage (instead of issuing a challenge) I can perform a combat reform after the first round and move my Vampire into base contact with him?
Also I understand if both want to reform there is a roll off to see who goes first. So for the example above lets just say I won the roll off and made him reform first so that I could make sure I put my vampire in contact with his mage.
Lastly, can this combat reform be as simple as rearranging where my character sits in the formation? Or is there a specific requirement to count as a reform (change in number or size of ranks etc)?
So this may seem like a dumb question but I’m just surprised at the seemingly obvious answer.
You can therefor during a combat reform move a character so that it is in base contact with a different model (as long as it’s still in contact with an enemy model)?
So lets say I’m in combat with a unit of High Elf Spearmen led by a mage with no champion. And hypothetically lets say I know if I issue a challenge he will refuse with his mage (goes to back rank). So in order to kill the mage (instead of issuing a challenge) I can perform a combat reform after the first round and move my Vampire into base contact with him?
Also I understand if both want to reform there is a roll off to see who goes first. So for the example above lets just say I won the roll off and made him reform first so that I could make sure I put my vampire in contact with his mage.
Lastly, can this combat reform be as simple as rearranging where my character sits in the formation? Or is there a specific requirement to count as a reform (change in number or size of ranks etc)?