Converting a Ghoul King!!

  • The masquerade of murder returns! A new game of Vampires Amongst Us has begun. Unmask the killers, trust no one, and try to survive the night. Find out more and sign up now!

Nelganis

Ghoul
Jul 13, 2009
158
Chicago
Zombies
106
Hey guys, been a long time since Ive been on (Tales of Ivana for anyone who was wondering). In my absence I picked up alot more Vamps to build and paint...around ~2200 points xD

Anyways, I was wondering if anyone has converted an awesome Ghoul King that was NOT the terrorgheist rider. I personally think that doesn't look cool enough to be my Strigoi and am looking to convert one.

Going off of the picture in our codex, I want to try and replicate something along those lines but am not sure where to really start it. For legs, I'm looking into a pair of Ghoul legs or possibly Bloodletters because they have similar looking form. That leaves the muscular, non-hunched over chest which I was debating possibly a chaos marauder's since it would be very muscular and I could maybe just greenstuff the gap between the chest and legs. And then I would just add arms and a head which shouldn't be a biggy at all.

Any other ideas on where to go/what to use for this project of mine??All ideas are welcome, with the exception of "just use the terrorgheist model" :tongue:

Thanks,
-Nelganis

Edit: the marauder chest will not work since none of them are bare it turns out...back to the drawing board for chestpieces now
 
Santawraith said:
Link to wight lords plog

Here is a link to his plog it is halfway down the page.

Thanks alot Santa, that Ghoul King was awesome, I love how it was a hulking monstrosity of a Vampire, very fitting for a Strigoi.

Ultimately, as much as I loathe the model, I will be using the Strigoi on the Terrorgheist as a base and then just bit-swapping some things on it :rolleyes:

I might have to steal that Strigoi idea though, that thing would scare the hell out people :devil2:
 
Is it just me, or does this guy

strig.webp


kinda have some similarities to this guy:

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat440004a&prodId=prod1670026a

I note the windswept locks in particular. Seems a leg swap/remodeling, shaving the horns, and I guess maybe some work to the snout (though it /does/ have fangs, and I'm not sure it'd be a stretch to say a Strigoi may be slightly more prognathic than your more courtly undead types) could have you with a pretty gnarly looking Strigoi. And now that there's a resin model, it'd be a Hell of a lot easier to convert.

Just passing on some idle thoughts.
 

About us

  • Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu