WHFB - 7th Corpse Cart Joining Units Yay/Nay?

  • The masquerade of murder returns! A new game of Vampires Amongst Us has begun. Unmask the killers, trust no one, and try to survive the night. Find out more and sign up now!

tailzZz

Zombie
Dec 29, 2008
26
Zombies
28
Hey All -

Quick question, I see in numerous threads the mentioning of CC's joining squads, how is this possible?

It is part monsterous creature/chariot... and neither can join squads :-X

Any input is welcome!
 
RE: Corpse Cart Joining Squads Yay/Nay?

As the Corpse Cart can be chosen as a mount for the Necromancer, it falls under the mount rules for joining units only if there is a necromancer riding it. (As it is under US5)
Thus it can join units and as per the recent GW Errata, the number models it displaces is still counted when calculating ranks.
 
RE: Corpse Cart Joining Squads Yay/Nay?

Thanks for the explanation guys.

I have one followup question.

In combat if the necro is targetted out and slain, does the corpse cart auto seperate from the unit in the end of combat or the end of the battle. (If I lost combat would I have to take seperate X amount of wounds on the corpse cart).

I know it will come up in games, thanks for the help guys.
 
RE: Corpse Cart Joining Squads Yay/Nay?

At the end of combat the corpse cart must be moved outside the unit - and before some idiot suggests it - no it does not have to take a monster reaction test..................
 
RE: Corpse Cart Joining Squads Yay/Nay?

Just a small question, to see if I get this right:

ai17.photobucket.com_albums_b74_Baslakor_cc.webp


Yellow are skeletons,
Blue is Corpse Cart.

1st pic has 19 skeletons, meaning just 2 full ranks (after the frontline).
2nd pic has corpse cart in it, meaning 4 full ranks. (assuming the CC is based 2x6)
 
It ought to be 2,5 wide and 5 long if you're talking about 20mm bases, which the undead infantry uses.
 

About us

  • Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu