• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

Mad 'At

Dumb enough to work
Staff member
True Blood
Apr 2, 2011
Grödinge
Had a look at the minis. Must say they were pretty cool, even though I'm not a big fan of Space Marines. Though the idea of Deathwatch even I have considered quite awesome. Is it just me though, or are there two Ultrasmurfs among those? That's pretty lame considering there are so many chapters to choose from.

The hybrid minis look really nice, quite the blast from the past. I remember looking at the previous hybrids in an old Collectors Guide ages ago.

Reactions: Dragonet

El Syf

Vargheist
Dec 4, 2011
Eastbourne
Yeah not sure why they decided on putting two of them in.
I guess this is similar to the other box sets they've been doing recently with simplified rules and what have you.

Reactions: Dragonet

Dragonet

Wight King
Feb 3, 2015
Bromley
This box set is like another Space Hulk for me; it's gotten me back off the bench and spending on GW product where I wouldn't have touched them with a barge pole a month ago.

The timing's crucial, I started buying up old Cult stuff to flesh out my Space Hulk Genestealers and to play in a slow grow 40k campaign since January; if I'd finished the army there's no way I'd get in on this at all; as things stand I've pre ordered three boxes, plus the White Dwarfs, and an extra set of Neophytes from eBay!

More importantly in terms of the box set's value, it's convinced me to dig out my unwanted Space Marines and to start collecting Deathwatch as well. I came for the Terminators and threw together an Inquisitor conversion to join them; now I'm collecting two full armies, and it's all because of these brilliant box sets.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu