Denial army

  • The masquerade of murder returns! A new game of Vampires Amongst Us has begun. Unmask the killers, trust no one, and try to survive the night. Find out more and sign up now!

Wishbone

Skeleton
Feb 1, 2012
59
Lustria
Zombies
55
Im going to start a blood on the badlands campaign in which you get 3 armies, I already wrote and tested one list to great success which is purely offensive so Id like to have another army which is purely deffensive, I wasn't sure how to do that as we lack fire power of any kind until I thought to myself ZOMBIES :)
Anyway the idea is simple and common on this forum, point denial, here is a first attempt at the list:

Strigoi ghoul king: black periapt, master of the black arts.

Necromancer

Necromancer

Necromancer

Necromancer

29 zombies, standard. 

29 zombies, standard

29 zombies, standard

29 zombies, standard

30 zombies, standard

30 zombies, standard

30 zombies, standard

Corpse cart, unholy lodestone. 

Corpse cart, unholy lodestone. 

6 crypt horrors, crypt haunter.

6 crypt horrors, crypt haunter.

Mortis engine, blasphemous tome.

Mortis engine, blasphemous tome,

As you probly guess the plan is to Rezz and use the crypt horrors to get me my points, just pegging small units would be fine to me, ill use zombies to tie up the big nasties
I'm thinking of dropping the horrors for some faster hitting vargheist but they are so fragile and hard to rez.
At this point I'm willing to completely scratch this list and start again if you guys don't find it viable but any suggestions would be great.
 
Wow, zombie lists have been popping up a lot this past week.
You will definitely have problems with this list. Heavily armored troops will give it headaches, as will any elite unit with a lot of attacks. Still, if you want to give it a whirl (and I highly recommend proxying), then go for it!
I would bump the crypt horrors to 8 strong each. There are plenty of armies that can deal with a pair of engines rather quickly so I'd want a few extra models in those units.
Musicians are actually more important than standards in zombie units so I'd grab some of those.
With so many casters, channeling rod would be a good item to have. I'd grab the all important dispel scroll, too.
I would try to dump some zombie units for something with a little punch. How about a single unit of Grave Guard with great weapons? By finding a balance between a zombie heavy list and adding a few elites I can see it doing well with some tinkering but it may take awhile to get the hang of.
Goodluck
 
Drop the strigoi ghoul king for a vamp lord. Give him the same equipment but add the seed of rebirth. I believe it's 30 points cheaper to do that. I'd combine the two units of crypt horrors and if possible make them a horde. Your opponent will find this near impossible to kill. You might want to make one unit of zombies skeletons instead so it can stay relatively small and so your other units can box it in and protect it from seeing combat.

That's what I would do at least. Just make sure to box in your vital units. Your bunker for casters if you plan on using one and your 4 chariots. I could see this list performing quite nicely.
 

About us

  • Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu