• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

DoN's Tale of X Gamers Plog of Pulsating Pervertedness - Ellies been stripped!

Boo

Vampire Lord
True Blood
RE: DoN's Tale of X Gamers Plog of Pulsating Pervertedness

TheBlackBey said:
Sanai said:
Goggalor said:
What is simple green? if you dont mind me asking?
I have been waiting for someone to say that.

Simple Green is People.
So if we use Green Stuff to create people have we restored harmony to the Universe?
Hehe, I enjoy your comments more and more. Youre quite the jokester. ;)

Anyway, posting up pics on the stripping ellie, I take it that ellie is over 18?

Sanai

Stylish Deviant
True Blood
In the moments between reading that Ellie was going to be stripped and photographed and that I saw the elephant pic I thought Ellie was DoN's girlfriend or wife.

Disciple of Nagash

The Perverted One
Staff member
Nope Lesa is my missus xD If you're on the facebook gang you can see pics of her on my profile.

Not very productive this week, I could try to blame working on upgrades for CN but I know that's not an excuse xD I plan to undercoat the mini-wraths and hopefully the Banshees tomorrow (if the stripping worked on them), so pics tomorrow!

Can't do anything tonight as I am planning to intake vast quantities of alcohol :thumbsup:

Bishop

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Disciple of Nagash said:
Can't do anything tonight as I am planning to intake vast quantities of alcohol :thumbsup:
That's not an excuse for "lack of time" either DoN! :innocent:

I'll probably be doing something similar next weekend. :thumbsup:

Santawraith

Master Liche
True Blood
Soo don where are the banshee's or mini wraiths. I was so looking forward to seeing them.
Best of luck
Santawraith

Nikos

Vampire Count
True Blood
I second the demand for banshee updates! Also being on the grog is no excuse, surely alcohol and painting is a winning combo? Whats the worse that could happen? xD

Santawraith

Master Liche
True Blood
You better we are eagerly awaiting your perverted painting. Dont make me send the witch hunters your way.

Disciple of Nagash

The Perverted One
Staff member
Finally an update. It turns out this is a great way to get me painting as I didn't want to be one to drop out.

Anway I got my wraiths 90% painted tonight. Just need to wash the remaining few tomorrow night, so will have pics up tomorrow.

By the way, I have mentioned to you all that I can't actually paint right? So don't be expecting any works of art! ;)

Malochai

Staff member
True Blood
What models are the Samurai skellies? As in manufacturers/etc? And the mini wraiths? :) Soon my 'to buy' list will last me until uni :)

Sanai

Stylish Deviant
True Blood
Disciple of Nagash said:
can't do anything tonight as I am planning to intake vast quantities of alcohol :thumbsup:
That is no excuse. I consume alcohol and paint at the same time. It doesn't help my painting, but it does make my painting look better!

Disciple of Nagash

The Perverted One
Staff member
Malochai said:
What models are the Samurai skellies? As in manufacturers/etc? And the mini wraiths? :) Soon my 'to buy' list will last me until uni :)
I don't know the manufacturer as I bought them off Ebay, I am sure if you ask around though you should find the answer.

Sanai said:
Disciple of Nagash said:
can't do anything tonight as I am planning to intake vast quantities of alcohol :thumbsup:
That is no excuse. I consume alcohol and paint at the same time. It doesn't help my painting, but it does make my painting look better!
I may have to try that tonight xD Still wondering how to paint my Banshess mind you.

Disciple of Nagash

The Perverted One
Staff member
Ok, here we have two of the bases, one more still to base. I can't say I am happy to be honest, my break from painting has made me very rusty. However as a starter they will have to do, at least they are not one of my main units, they will only see the table with Wind of Undeath.

Edit: The basing is not fully finished yet on those two.

Santawraith

Master Liche
True Blood
You have really given me some great idea's on some of my old figures don. I love the wraiths Like you said there not main line troops. So with some more practice you should be able to get back your poweress of painting. Im intrested in seeing where the basing goes. So whats next on the plate.

Nikos

Vampire Count
True Blood
Being a bit harsh on yourself there, spirits are spirits at the end of the day, hard to go wrong and those guys look fine to me :thumbsup:
Now lets see those banshees!

Disciple of Nagash

The Perverted One
Staff member
Cheers for the encouragement guys :thumbsup: I think tonight will be finishing off the bases, and then I need to figure what to do with the Banshees.

Any suggestions? My army is going to be a dark blue / black with some electric blue highlights if that helps.

Santawraith

Master Liche
True Blood
OK don this is how we do ours
First base coat them all black then a heavy dry brush shadow grey. fallowed by amedium drybrush fortress grey.Then a heavy wash badab black then a light dusting fortress grey or skull white. they turn out really good, I will try to get some pictures of my spirit hosts up for you too look at.

Santawraith

Master Liche
True Blood
Hey Don I got the pictures of the spirit hosts and banshee up in my dragon legion plog. So you can see the end result of my suggested color scheme.

Boo

Vampire Lord
True Blood
Those spirits look pretty good actually, you are being too modest here. ;)

Also, I quite like the basing. I must try that out on some of my models one day... perhaps when I get wraiths... hmm..

How are that banshee coming along?

Disciple of Nagash

The Perverted One
Staff member
Well I finished the third base and the basing. Funnily enough I actually like the mist effect basing more than the models :rolleyes:

Tomorrow night I start on one of the Banshees, though I still have no idea what colour scheme to use for her. o.o

Santawraith

Master Liche
True Blood
From the midst they came, as if appearing from the mist itself. A very beautifully done basing, I am very impressed, that is a great update, now we await the banshee.