Drops from the Gallows

  • The masquerade of murder returns! A new game of Vampires Amongst Us has begun. Unmask the killers, trust no one, and try to survive the night. Find out more and sign up now!

Gallows Humor

Zombie
Nov 7, 2018
1
Fredericton
Zombies
2
Greetings, (/gravitas)
I’ll start with a bit of the story how I got here and what I want to do.

I’ve been on-again, off-again collecting and painting Warhammer (and 40k) about 15 years now. And the last time I had a hankering I scratched it with buying a bunch of VC stuff and some Empire units to make a freshly risen and turned hoard... that was almost 4 years ago. Fast forward to today; Crazy Job, 2 Kids, and a house that needs more attention than all of the previous things combined. I unpacked all that VC stuff, most of it still in the boxes and sprues and with a little time on my hands I set to work.

As I was starting to paint I figured I would check out the new models and see if there was anything cool... and I discovered that WFB was gone and Age of Sigmar, with all its side games, warscrolls, Alliances and round bases, was firmly in its place. This weirded me out and I still don’t know how I feel about actually playing again.

But anyway I kept painting and decided that I would try to build a VC army from the good old days. I’m talking Aristocracy of the Night - skeleton hordes, classy vampiresses, cloaks with popped collars and enough Zombies to scale and breach an Empire (Freeguild? I don’t know I’m so confused) City wall, like in World War Z.

Anyway without further text here is the start.

Any comments, critiques, verbal attacks, suggestions and tips are welcome (especially with actually taking and posting pictures).

image.webp

5E5C96D1-0D09-4E8A-AD2B-B107716F1AC0.webp


14E83F2C-6D45-41DF-949B-E08B90C01681.webp
 
Hey, welcome to the forums! A new plog is always welcome!

It brings joy to my heart to see those old zombies being used :) especially when mixed with free company, those kits are made for each other. The strong colors on their robes contrast nicely with the pale skin and the leader will never be overlooked thanks to that feather on his hat. As for critique, I would consider adding some shades to the metal parts, like their weapons - right now they look rather flat.

Still, keep it up! We can see in the background that you have plenty of more things to paint! :)
 

About us

  • Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu