• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

Gallows Humor

Zombie
Nov 7, 2018
Fredericton
Greetings, (/gravitas)
I’ll start with a bit of the story how I got here and what I want to do.

I’ve been on-again, off-again collecting and painting Warhammer (and 40k) about 15 years now. And the last time I had a hankering I scratched it with buying a bunch of VC stuff and some Empire units to make a freshly risen and turned hoard... that was almost 4 years ago. Fast forward to today; Crazy Job, 2 Kids, and a house that needs more attention than all of the previous things combined. I unpacked all that VC stuff, most of it still in the boxes and sprues and with a little time on my hands I set to work.

As I was starting to paint I figured I would check out the new models and see if there was anything cool... and I discovered that WFB was gone and Age of Sigmar, with all its side games, warscrolls, Alliances and round bases, was firmly in its place. This weirded me out and I still don’t know how I feel about actually playing again.

But anyway I kept painting and decided that I would try to build a VC army from the good old days. I’m talking Aristocracy of the Night - skeleton hordes, classy vampiresses, cloaks with popped collars and enough Zombies to scale and breach an Empire (Freeguild? I don’t know I’m so confused) City wall, like in World War Z.

Anyway without further text here is the start.

Any comments, critiques, verbal attacks, suggestions and tips are welcome (especially with actually taking and posting pictures).

Borgnine

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Jun 15, 2013
Pruszkow, Poland
Hey, welcome to the forums! A new plog is always welcome!

It brings joy to my heart to see those old zombies being used :) especially when mixed with free company, those kits are made for each other. The strong colors on their robes contrast nicely with the pale skin and the leader will never be overlooked thanks to that feather on his hat. As for critique, I would consider adding some shades to the metal parts, like their weapons - right now they look rather flat.

Still, keep it up! We can see in the background that you have plenty of more things to paint! :)

Farmer7574

Vampire Count
True Blood
Dec 10, 2013
England
Nice zombies. I like that they're not too uniform and an array of colours and variety as a group of zombies should be.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu