• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

TVC II OOC Electing our mini-GMs

Who do you want to be a mini-GM most (or don't you want mini-GMs at all)?

• I don't want a mini GM

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • the hidden one

• Bounce

• Sanai

• Dark_Wolfen

• The Raven Lord

• Zanos

• Ghouly

• Kavok

• The Sanguine Prince

• Lord_Mortis

• Count michael

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Get of W'soran

CN's Lord of Masks
True Blood
The Sanguine Prince said:
I suppose it would be a decent idea if implemented correctly. Perhaps the position could come with a set of guidelines written by DoN himself. If they does not abide by these, then he is entitled to condemn to death by... CAKE!! :thumbsup:
A Glorious Death!

I've been thinking the same, if DoN decides to create this position he should definitely write some sort of set of rules and powers that the person is given.
There shouldn't be any vagueness in what the "Mini-GM" can do for the sake of both the person and the players.

It will also probably be important to make sure these mini-gms have been given the right amount of info about the future plot too to make sure they can advance things without having to resort to "Filler" or at least not too much of it.

Question: What about numbers? How many of these positions does everyone think is required? I'm thinking at least 2 if Simon comes back and has at least the same powers/info as them, if not then maybe more.

Count Darvaleth

I <3 marmite
True Blood
I think there needs to be enough to have 1-2 even if people get very busy; so on that basis I'd recommend around four. Especially when we have split chapters (like now), there needs to be enough of them to cover everything at all times.

And yes, there'd need to be a mini-GM constitution. :thumbsup:

Get of W said:
The Sanguine Prince said:
I suppose it would be a decent idea if implemented correctly. Perhaps the position could come with a set of guidelines written by DoN himself. If they does not abide by these, then he is entitled to condemn to death by... CAKE!! :thumbsup:
A Glorious Death!

I've been thinking the same, if DoN decides to create this position he should definitely write some sort of set of rules and powers that the person is given.
There shouldn't be any vagueness in what the "Mini-GM" can do for the sake of both the person and the players.

It will also probably be important to make sure these mini-gms have been given the right amount of info about the future plot too to make sure they can advance things without having to resort to "Filler" or at least not too much of it.

Question: What about numbers? How many of these positions does everyone think is required? I'm thinking at least 2 if Simon comes back and has at least the same powers/info as them, if not then maybe more.
I suppose the amount of mini-GMs could also depend on how many chapters are being done at the same time. It may also be wise to take into consideration how many people are apart of the to. After all, one can only keep an eye on so many people

The Dread King

Staff member
True Blood
I'd recommend having 3-4 mini-GMs to start with and observing the results before committing to any possible further mini-GM creation; we wouldn't want the mini-GMs to have too small an impact because of low numbers and be insignificant, but we wouldn't want too many as the impact could be negative and lead to power playing/many other problems of the old TVC arising amongst the mini-GMs (this is not likely to happen, but it is a possibility, and we wouldn't want it to happen, if at all, on a larger scale). To stop powers being abused (powers can be accidentally misused very easily and without an RPer even knowing about it), I agree with the idea of a set of rules and guidelines made by DoN for the mini-GMs.

Perhaps we should discuss what these guidelines and rules might be (remember, these are merely for DoN to draw inspiration from)?

The most crucial of all rules should be: "under no circumstances must the mini-GM ever create moment where a vampire sparkle. Its a sin both against nature and undeath!"

The Dread King

Staff member
True Blood
Count Darvaleth said:
@ Sweeney: That gave me extreme deja vu, but I don't know why!
I remember now, looking at the old TVC OOC thread. DoN was telling all the RPers about god modding, and Gree (I think) brought it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.