Entry Thread: Turning the World to Darkness: "Eerie"

  • The masquerade of murder returns! A new game of Vampires Amongst Us has begun. Unmask the killers, trust no one, and try to survive the night. Find out more and sign up now!
Very nice! I really love Awlrach's model, & you've done it justice here. The warm brown on the boat & orange shirt contrast well with the ghostly greens & blues and give the whole piece a nice autumnal feel, very fitting for the holiday season.

Good news on my end, I'm not quite done, but I've made good progress today, & it looks like my preferred entry will be ready by the 15th after all.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Unas the slayer
The Lonely Tree

Oooh, the pictures are finally working for me. I really like this piece too, is that a model people can buy somewhere? The branches reaching out from the leaves are real creepy, and I love the purplish lamps, very shyish.

Geeze, some tough competition just when I finally start painting again. :p
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: Gederas
Oooh, the pictures are finally working for me. I really like this piece too, is that a model people can buy somewhere? The branches reaching out from the leaves are real creepy, and I love the purplish lamps, very shyish.

Geeze, some tough competition just when I finally start painting again. :p
It's the "Lonely Tree" expansion from Kingdom Death - Monster. It's a fairly expensive piece (100 USD) but KDM is uhhh... A VERY EXPENSIVE GAME 🤣

And yeah, the purple on the lamps is something I'm proud of. I'll be doing that on the other kits I have. Because, y'know. Death Magic = Amethyst Magic
 
It's the "Lonely Tree" expansion from Kingdom Death - Monster. It's a fairly expensive piece (100 USD) but KDM is uhhh... A VERY EXPENSIVE GAME 🤣

And yeah, the purple on the lamps is something I'm proud of. I'll be doing that on the other kits I have. Because, y'know. Death Magic = Amethyst Magic

We don't want any cheap hobby. 😂
 
I'll make an effort to finish and post pictures by Sunday as well. I should be able to get some hobbying done now the weekend is here.

Sception I usually use paper (white, as that is what I have), but have used cloth as well, like a curtain. Lighting is the key, I usually play around with lamps and/or flashlights, depending on time of day and colour of backdrop and object.
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: Sception
Thanks! I ended up using stiff black felt affixed to cardstock for these pics, which worked alright, though I also have some done with matte white cardstock paper and those worked alright too, after fidgeting with my camera settings. Anyway, here's my entry:

Nazgûl on Fell Beast

NazgulonFellBeast01.webp

NazgulonFellBeast02.webp

NazgulonFellBeast05.webp

The Dark Lord's most terrifying servants, magnetized to swap between the Witch King and its lesser kin, painted with spectral blues & greens to fit an army of Minas Morgul, the Tower of Sorcery, or perhaps the haunted realm of Angmar.

I'm pretty happy with how this piece turned out, especially with how quickly it went (I started around the time this thread opened). In many ways it's closer to the color scheme I had intended for my warhammer/age of sigmar undead, but those ended up going overboard on the green and lost some of the darker feel.

Now I just need to paint an entire army to go with it.
 
I got a thing done this morning. A Black Knight, coming out of the dark on an eerily silent steed.
IMG_20231015_095245__01.jpg

IMG_20231015_095308__01.jpg

IMG_20231015_095322__01.jpg


I never really liked the idea of skeletal steeds being ethereal for movement, so I decided to do a minor conversion for my Black Knights. This is the first guy I actually finished, despite having them partly painted for... well, probably decades by this point. Just 4 more to go for a minimal unit!😄

Edit: sorry about the huge images, I tried uploading from Imgur, like I usually do, but they wouldn't show for some reason...
 
Last edited:

About us

  • Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu