• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

Entry Thread. Turning the World to Darkness: 'Heavy Metal'

Theerteen

Cheerful Cranium
True Blood
That tank is awesome! Not undead though, I'd support the Black Coach prox with an undead driver ;)

Shadespyre

Vampire Thrall
@Shadespyre You better put that cairn wraith on it because I don't see how that's an 'undead model' ;)
Oh, so you're *sure* that the Legion of the Damned aren't Undead Space Marines, are you? Have some special knowledge about them and the Cursed Founding do you? These large, power-armoured gentleman from the Inquisition would like a word with you...

Any more objections? ;)

Borgnine

Staff member
True Blood
Oh, so you're *sure* that the Legion of the Damned aren't Undead Space Marines, are you? Have some special knowledge about them and the Cursed Founding do you? These large, power-armoured gentleman from the Inquisition would like a word with you...

Any more objections?
Even more special knowledge would be knowing that they are precisely 'undead' and nothing else, mister inquisitor ;) And it could be a looted, Ork-owned machine!

But, jokes aside - I really want to let it slide, because it looks awesome, but the rules are the rules (german mindset is affecting me), so adding an undead driver to that monstermachine would be really cool :) If that's not an option, then we're have to describe it as an exception of sorts.

Borgnine

Staff member
True Blood
Because the rules state 'undead model'. I had to trawl through some wikis to get more precise info about them and it can be streeetched to make them count as 'undead'. But then we would probably have to add dreadnoughts, plague marines, necrons, thousand sons, etc. into the list. It can be argued that it fits, but I always understood it as stuff that would fit in a Vampire Counts or a Tomb Kings army.

But hell, I won't be making a big deal of it now, when we have so few members and this is such a good piece - leave it as it, let's make those marines undead for this competition ;) Hopefully for the next competition we can define what is undead and what isn't :)

What do you think, people?

Shadespyre

Vampire Thrall
You should consider adding words like Warhammer, Fantasy, Vampire Counts or Tomb Kings to the rules, then :) I wouldn't enter something like this in any old undead category, it's only because you declared it open to "interpretation", and this model only exists because you chose this category for this competition - I had absolutely no plans or concept of building this until then!

Borgnine

Staff member
True Blood
I didn't want to force anyone into a particular system - that's why I kept it under rather vague 'undead' category - I didn't know something like this would show up... I guess this is an interpretation too ;) Sorry for the mess, I'll think about clarifying it in the future ;)

Shadespyre

Vampire Thrall
If it makes you feel better, this model contains parts from "officially" Undead models from GW / Citadel, while many of the units in my "officially" Undead army contain no such things - my dryad-ghouls, elf-Bloodknights, werewolf-Crypt Horrors and zombie-Carmine Dragon have NO undead model parts at all ;)

As promised, here's my entry. "Heavy metal Tank".
What happens when a block of iron on wheels crushes against a skeletons troop? here's the answer.

Lyrics taken from the song "Kill with power", by Manowar.

Hear what's written on the wind.
We come to kill and kill again.
Trample on the dead
None can harm us - not their fire, iron or steel
for we have the Will to power-with power we will Kill
KILL WITH POWER - DIE DIE
!

proxy.php?image=https%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FaMDzgmL.jpg&hash=2000c2f666881e95beb7f92cfae70d2b

proxy.php?image=https%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FJI7kPBT.jpg&hash=4d0c7f213e569d5825db1b05e4a11fd1

proxy.php?image=https%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FPgnuaYt.jpg&hash=99b65a375feb828f7e56c6703c826dc7

Alabaster427

Minister of Thriftiness
True Blood
I once killed a steam tank with a pack of dire wolves. Granted, I only caused one wound with them, but that's irrelevant...

Borgnine

Staff member
True Blood
A great idea there @Unas the slayer ! A steam tank was the first that came to my mind when I first came up with this topic xD

My entry - a heavy (piece of) metal cannon left in the forest for zombies to crawl on ;)

proxy.php?image=https%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FrDhhHiJ.jpg&hash=be0f7dab69e2272f414d7de9b78ecfd9