• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

Adam_Barrow

Sleepless Knight
True Blood
Dec 25, 2010
Nashville, TN
There were a number of these threads back in the day, originally posted by @Harland if memory serves. But as its been some years now, I thought this would be a fun thread to bring back from the dead. Nice and simple:

Explain your profile name.
Explain your profile pic.
Explain your sig.

To get us started, Adam_Barrow is my IRL first name + my surname crush. You can have a crush on a name, right? "Barrow" has got it all. It means grave--and not just any grave, that old school cold north grave, it's got a Southern American swagger to it, and c'mon, Clyde Barrow. What more could you want in a surname?

My profile picture is the Lich. If you watch Adventure Time, you know the Lich is serious business. If you don't watch Adventure Time--actually, I don't know what that means. I mean, I know what "don't", "watch", "adventure", and "time" mean, but not in that order. Adventure Time!

My sig is a line from a song called Our Lady of Sorrows, from a then little known New Jersey band called My Chemical Romance. Say what you want about that act, their first record was bad ass.

Now it's your turn!

TMS

Staff member
True Blood
Nov 26, 2008
Sweden
Master Spark is the name of the bomb/super attack of my favourite playable character in Touhou, a series of shoot'em'up games. It's a big love-coloured laser beam that causes earthquakes and destroys everything.

My avatar is Helena, a character from the Hellsing animated TV-series from way back in 2001. About 6 and a half years ago I got the idea to create a VC army themed around Helena as its leader but it was never completed. I never found a suitable miniature to represent her and the project faded away... until about 6-7 months ago when I came back to it full force, but with a focus on Mordheim instead of Warhammer. I'm working on completing a final model for Helena which will hopefully only be a couple of weeks more. An interesting thing about this: if it hadn't been for that idea I got all those years back I would probably never have come to CN since I was pretty firmly stuck with WoC at the time. I can't remember what made me watch through Hellsing again with my brother that night but I'm glad we did!

The dancing guy in my signature is the final boss of a fan-made spinoff game of Touhou. I started trying to beat him on the same night that I became a moderator here on CN and it took me about half a year to do it. I still consider it to be one of my greatest personal achievements as I went in as a noob but came out awesome in the end, afterwards going on to easily beat loads of things that I had previously thought were too difficult. That kind of metamorphosis is a special feeling. I keep the dancing guy around to remind me of the triumph and because he's just cool. Lastly, "Tomorrow will be special. Yesterday was not" is the title of a song from one of the Touhou games. It's a nice song and I like the name so I took it as a motto. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Undying Scourge

Seneschal

Liche
True Blood
May 15, 2008
Cool idea

Seneschal is the title given to a Grave Guard champion. I needed a name and it sounded distinguished. I had heard it before starting warhammer and always liked it.

My current avatar is the cover of the Neferata novel. I've always been a fan of ancient Egypt and female vampires and her pose is quite dynamic. I'm also using it as the wallpaper for my phone. Her face is very well done, you can see a savage grace in her features.

My signature is comprised of various titles I've used over the years on CN as well as a parody of a Darth Vader quote, "I find your lack of faith disturbing," which just sounded amusing to me so I ran with it.

Alabaster427

Minister of Thriftiness
Dec 9, 2013
My userid, I have been using since I started plying multiplayer games online. It all started with Halo1 on xbox live (can't remember if that's what was called then). Anyways, my tag up to that point was always Obsidian (black volcanic rock), but there were already a million Obsidians by the time I started. So I went with the opposite of Alabaster (white carving stone), but alas, that was also taken. So I added the 427. 7 had always been in my tagline in some form or another and 42 was the answer to life, the universe, and everything.

Minister of Thirftiness came about very recently after I came up with a string of ideas on how to use dual kits completely with other army bits, my DIY portable gaming table and my extensive work with conversions in my army. Warhammer is expensive and doubly so for undead, so I am always looking for ways to reduce that cost without hurting the game.

My pic is Hippo J Pottamus form Harvey Birdman. Originally, my pic was Leslie Nielson from Dracula, Dead and Loving It, and he was cradling a maiden he just bit, but he had that sudden look of shock as if someone had caught him doing it. I want to keep my pic as always something to that effect, but I couldn't find any other vampire pics that I liked and saw SENTCHA. Granted, the woman he's holding is a very promiscuous one, but he's still my favorite character from the show. He even gets turned into the hulk-a-potamus, but he only gets angry when you didn't get that thing he sentcha. He even keeps a log of people he sent that thing to, so there's no escape.

My signature is just observation.

Dragonet

Wight King
Feb 3, 2015
Bromley
I chose the username Dragonet as opposed to my regular online ID because I thought I ought to go with something Undead related... Dragonet is a French interpretation of the word Dracula, I've always liked that language and the way the name sounds, also it's the name of the Vampire Council leader from Blade, a character which I also really liked. Dracula's closest tie -in with Warhammer in all the current reworkings is the Blood Dragon bloodline, which is my army.

I got my profile pic from Get of W'soran when I asked about the Flag Of Blood Keep and Blood Dragon Banner on the Dying To Help forum, it's a reminder for me to get my Blood Knights finished and sort out their shields! Unfortunately I saw another user has the same pic, soon as I get the chance I'll flip it the correct way round!

najo

Mortarch of the Dark Soul
True Blood
Dec 23, 2012
Oregon
Najo goes back to the first time I played Final Fantasy on the NES 8-bit system. The characters only had four letter limits, and I had to name a party of four. So I named them all after my best friends and myself, taking our first two letters of our first and last names and mushing them together. I had chosen even way back then the black wizard, which would reflect my infatuations with necromancers, liches and the undead. Using also najo reminds me of gaming in my youth with my friends.

Mortarch of the Dark Soul reflects my obsessive interest in all things soul series, I.e. Demon Souls, Dark Souls and now Bloodborne. The games reflect a lot about my own interests and personality. I love the egnimatic lore, the challenge of them, the incredible environments, ambience and the fluidity of the combat. The title also reflects my interest in Nagash, the end times plans he set out to achive and the eventual reign of the great necromancer and his chosen lieutenants. Nagash will have his time and he will return. Us faithful disciples are very patient ;)

My profile pic is from the Dark Sun setting for Dungeons and Dragons. My favorite fantasy setting, one of an apocalyptic fantasy world that has more in common with Dune and Conan then Lord of the Rings. The world is ravaged by magic and the last of its survivors are oppressed under the ravagers who rule the remanents of civilization as god-like Sorcerer Kings. The image I have is an undead creature from the world, called a Belgoi. They ring a chime that singles out and draws a victim to them like a siren, and then feed on their victim's life force.

My signature is a direct link to the Vampire Handbook that @The Sun King and I wrote together. Its work both of us are very proud of and want to expose as many VC players as we can to it. Working on the handbook with Sunny was an absolute blast and it's great to know it's been helpful to so many of our community.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Sun King

Danceman

The Devil in Pale Moonlight
True Blood
Aug 19, 2007
Danceman started because I, well, went out clubbing a lot back in the day. I embraced it as some macabre figure seducing and drawing his victims, and that was that(back in 2002 I think). Previously, the name I carried on all board was Archon Khiraq D'velve, which was the name I chose for my Dark Eldar army's boss when I started 40k back in 1999.

The avatar is Captain Spaulding. A particularly nasty clown from Rob Zombie's movies House of 1000 corpses and The Devil's Rejects.

Custom Title: a title given to me at Eldaronline(now 40konline) back in 2002 I think. I liked it because it suited my avatars, armies, and so on. I doubt I need to mention which movie it is from or who said it. Been using it ever since.

Signature is a quote off Homer(not to be confused with Homer Simpson). Which simply means that often just carrying a weapon invites to acts of violence, because of you standing out, and the person carrying it are faster to explore the option of violence before others due to having it readily available.

Josef

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Aug 12, 2008
Texas
Explain your profile name.
Well Josef is my first name so i used it lol
Explain your profile pic.
its the chick from prince of persia warrior within and shes just hot
Explain your sig.
I forget whats in it besides links to my plogs

Count Vashra

Lord of Shadows
True Blood
Sep 29, 2013
New Zealand
Name: Just something that seemed to fit when I signed up.

Picture: Nagash may be very, very evil, but he's cool.

Signature: Links to my most recent (and the ones I'm happiest with) Vampire stories.

Theerteen

Cheerful Cranium
True Blood
Aug 20, 2012
Germany
Name: Came from my steam-name "theer", which in turn comes from the long road of finding a gaming name that wasn't taken or stereotypical ( f4c3MeLt0R f.e.). As the last consequence it's derieved from Thirteen, as another of my many tributes to Joseph Poole (Wednesday 13).

Pic: (atm) Me holding my telephone handset :D

Signature: (atm) ...whisky, for whisky reasons, smoke, because I have a friend who builds custom vapour boxes, and I just got mine from him and try to make cool smoke tricks. So far, I'm a friggin wizard of the crazy trick exhaling a cloud of smoke. :cool:

Hellion Nox

Grave Guard
Nov 10, 2014
Name : A while ago I was looking for a name for any online experience/game/community that I'm currently a part of. Nox is latin for "night". Hellion.. Well I am pretty sure I've read or heard it somewhere but can't remember where. I just went with it :)

Pic : It is Arthas on his horse Invincible. I used to play WoW alot back in the WOTLK days and I loved his story. To me, he certainly makes a good candidate for being one of the most interesting fictional characters.

My sig currently holds a link to my painting log. So people who are interested could check my current work in progress out :)

Alabaster427

Minister of Thriftiness
Dec 9, 2013
Signature: (atm) ...whisky, for whisky reasons, smoke, because I have a friend who builds custom vapour boxes, and I just got mine from him and try to make cool smoke tricks. So far, I'm a friggin wizard of the crazy trick exhaling a cloud of smoke. :cool:
You inhale vapor and exhale smoke?! That is a crazy trick... :cool:

Last edited:
Reactions: Theerteen

hairyjeff

Crypt Horror
May 10, 2011
My name.
Well it is my name! The hairy bit was added to distinguish me from the other jeff in my 'bike club.

Pic.
is me in saxon armour, getting ready for a night-time battle, although I was half pissed by this time - NOT a good idea.

Reactions: Theerteen

Farmer7574

Vampire Count
True Blood
Dec 10, 2013
England
Profile name: Farmer because that's what all my mates call me as of the last 6 years because of the area in England I'm from (they seem to think the south west is all just farm land). The numbers are just random.

My avatar pic: My favourite mini I've painted this year, the forge world Orc command boss painted as a black Orc war boss (c'mon, just look at that axe...)

My signature: Victory Loves Preparation. A saying from the movie 'The Mechanic', from the guys gun. To me it's something to bare in mind for what we want to achieve - to be utterly successful in something is to spend careful time planning every possible step to your goal, no matter what it is!

Undying Scourge

Blood Knight
Oct 28, 2014
This is an interesting thread, lots of intriguing stories.

I chose the name "Undying Scourge" because I am obviously a massive fan of undead in fantasy settings, and I really like the sound of the two words together. I also like what they mean, particularly the word Scourge, since it's at once a reference to the Scourge from World of Warcraft, a game I used to play religiously (so it refers to my number of years spent playing WoW). Scourge is also a very descriptive word that fits the undead quite nicely since they are a blight upon the living, at least in Warhammer and Warcraft, for the undead are the antithesis of life, a corruption of the natural order, the exact opposite of wholesome existence and healthy living. They suffer immeasurably, or are mindless, and seek to drown the world in their misery. Undying obviously refers to the undead again. However it also refers to my outsider-ness, my own tendency to remain distant.

I change my picture quite frequently though, but they usually feature undead of some sort, or whatever I currently take a fancy to. My current one is a piece of artwork from the Night's Dark Masters WHFRP book from years ago that I liked, cut and edited. Blood Dragons are very... special to me, as I can kind of relate to them a little bit.

My signature is just something I wrote, which I wrote to try and capture the Blood Dragon vampires of my army, since I always look at Blood Dragons as being quite externally moribund and dull, not showing emotion or weakness, but internally very conflicted, sorrowful and angry, because they typically hate themselves and love themselves at the same time, or are sad about their fall into darkness, and are at odds with the world around them, and are outcasts who drown their sorrows in battle and push them aside by focusing on their martial skills, trying to focus their minds and bodies. I like this purity of focus because it's something I can relate to as well.

Reactions: Dragonet

Draykorinee

Grave Guard
Sep 10, 2014
Draykorinee was just a world of warcraft character I had, it was an evolution of draykor, my original death knight, I wanted a more satirical name that no one would have.
The Avatar was designed by me and hand drawn by a friend of mine.
I don't have a sig, but I might one day.

Dragonet

Wight King
Feb 3, 2015
Bromley
[QUOTE="Dragonet, post: 421752, member: 11984"...also it's the name of the Vampire Council leader from Blade, a character which I also really liked...[/QUOTE]

Dammit, just found out the head of the House of Erebus was called Dragonetti. Rhymes with spaghetti... What dumbassery, I'll just pretend that never happened.

El Syf

Vargheist
Dec 4, 2011
Eastbourne
I chose El Syf because that is what the red duke is known as in his novel and I think red duke was taken at the time.
I'd been coming to the forum for sometime before registering, just found it so refreshing to be able to discuss VC with like minded people and the fact that there's a friendly atmosphere here unlike warseer.
My profile pic is unsurprisingly of the red duke although it's an older one as I'm not too keen on the latest depictions of him. I would have used the 6th ed army book cover but someone already had that.
The red duke model was the first model I ever got for Wfb (I'd been a smurf player before that) which I won from a GW employee!
So yeah he's kind of a special character to me and the bits with Abhorash in the novel; I couldn't have asked for better ;)

Banat

Varghulf
Jul 13, 2014
Banat is one of the old governmental provinces that makes up the Transylvanian regions of Romania, alongside the more known of Wallachia.

Because of this, Banat is also the name of the castle in a novel by Lucius Shepherd called "The Golden". Kind of Sherlock Holmes meets Ghormanghast with a cast of vampire aristocracy. The setting of Castle Banat is a character in itself. It is huge and sprawling, enough so that it has its own internal weather. The outer walls are a mile high and the castle library consists of a vast spiral staircase a mile deep.

My avatar is the image of Alucard from the anime Hellsing, the original one, not the OVA/ "Ultimate" version, when he is fighting the final badguy (Incognito, I think his name was?). As his enemy is talking sh*t to him, Alucard begins releasing his true form, unlocking the restrictions on his power put in place by the organisation he works for. At this point, lightning flashes across his face, revealing his original incarnation, Vlad the Impaler, replete with magnificent slavic moustache.

My sig quote is of course one of many brilliant Bane quotes from The Dark Knight Rises, however it happens to fit the theme of Vampires perfectly.

DESHEE DESHEE BASARA BASARA!

Demian

Vampire Count
Oct 28, 2011
Demian is not a name I chose myself.

Early on, my younger brother joined this community when he stated playing Warhammer, and so, he named his account Demian, because of Hermann Hesse's character. The character itself is quite odd, and is expressed in a form that fits the fantasy world, within our "normal boring" reality, but I digress. This was so long ago that, to this moment, if I were to log-out from this account, I wouldn't remember the password (=P).

Later on, it was I who entered this fantastic forum and started writing my own impresions of the game itself and its setting.

The image I use here, is made of a "popular" black knight internet image, with the legend "Knights of Darkness" which I draw from my early life as a roleplayer, an order of undead knights, some phantasmal, some vampiric, but inevitably bound to death by either word, deed or curse. Sometimes all mixed together. The symbol "shin" (death in japanese) is shown in a water mark near the chest of the avatar, and as a personal character, his name is Suriel, again from a former roleplay of mine.

My quotes are often comical in nature, or at least I try, since I really have a good time writing and reading, and admiring all of your work and detail from your minis.

The Sun King

Staff member
True Blood
Aug 22, 2012
Copenhagen
The Sun King is my stage name when I direct movies and perform as a rap artist. I have been using the name for around 10 years. As a historian I have always been fascinated with Louis 14th who called himself The Sun King.

My avatar is a picture of me in NYC where I worked as a Fellow at Carnegie Council :)

My signature is just a way to promote the work that me and najo did on the handbooks :)

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu