Not much O&G stuff done these days other than my competition entry (I'll post him in a few weeks), but I have been working on bits here and there between doing my VC stuff.
First up is a few homemade bases I put together for the Snotling Pump Wagons I have planned for the future:
I wanted to try out @Lord Elpus 's basing tip (over on Da Warpath) where he glued kitchen towel over the undesirable gaps on bases, which I can say worked out nicely and saved a fair bit of greenstuff.
I also put together a 60mm squared base for the Skull Pass tent, this'll serve as a night gobbo unit filler:
Speaking of which, I got that one prepared for assembly during a work lunch break the other week and put it together:
I green stuffed the area inside the mouth as I plan to paint it as though there's some green light inside the tent, suggesting a shaman inside chanting spells.
I also put another bunch of Skull Pass spear gobbos together ready for some paint the next time I fancy a break from painting VC:
Regarding earlier posts:
@benvoliothefirst Since my last post I've swayed my decision more towards using cold ones for my night gobbo 'wolf' rider mounts since the savage boyz are quite stocky and the cold ones are prettty thin. Plus a giant unit of 20 raptors will look pretty darn cool!
I like the idea of sculpting fur over areas, and I'm sure it'll work well but I am completely new to sculpting fur so I'll have to try that out
@Borgnine Wow, thanks a lot mate!
That yellow is definitely a love/hate scheme - I'm not much a fan of the yellow gore gruntas but the red ones they've painted look pretty cool. I had to go for black armour though as I wanted him to meld in with my black orc side of the Waaagh 
The reins aren't actually too bad. I'm considering opting for cold one mounts for the night gobbo cavalry, so reins wouldn't look out of place. The saddle parts however will, so GS fur and cloth seems to be the obvious way forward.
Cheers for your feedback, gents
First up is a few homemade bases I put together for the Snotling Pump Wagons I have planned for the future:
I wanted to try out @Lord Elpus 's basing tip (over on Da Warpath) where he glued kitchen towel over the undesirable gaps on bases, which I can say worked out nicely and saved a fair bit of greenstuff.
I also put together a 60mm squared base for the Skull Pass tent, this'll serve as a night gobbo unit filler:
Speaking of which, I got that one prepared for assembly during a work lunch break the other week and put it together:
I green stuffed the area inside the mouth as I plan to paint it as though there's some green light inside the tent, suggesting a shaman inside chanting spells.
I also put another bunch of Skull Pass spear gobbos together ready for some paint the next time I fancy a break from painting VC:
Regarding earlier posts:
@benvoliothefirst Since my last post I've swayed my decision more towards using cold ones for my night gobbo 'wolf' rider mounts since the savage boyz are quite stocky and the cold ones are prettty thin. Plus a giant unit of 20 raptors will look pretty darn cool!
I like the idea of sculpting fur over areas, and I'm sure it'll work well but I am completely new to sculpting fur so I'll have to try that out
@Borgnine Wow, thanks a lot mate!
The reins aren't actually too bad. I'm considering opting for cold one mounts for the night gobbo cavalry, so reins wouldn't look out of place. The saddle parts however will, so GS fur and cloth seems to be the obvious way forward.
Cheers for your feedback, gents
Last edited: