• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

Farmer7574

Vampire Count
True Blood
Dec 10, 2013
England
Another old mini joins the army:

bex1n6.jpg

A fanatic I got amongst an eBay bundle I won a little while back. I think I painted his ball a bit too light so I'll revisit that when I next paint a fanatic.

And another filler assembled for the short bows unit:

id6qh5.jpg

I forgot to get a shot of this one prior to undercoating it, but the details are still visible. Quite a simple filler - I like it because of the front gobbo's servant snot behind him. Is he just watching and scratching his head? Is he pulling faces behind his back? Whatever really, it'll fit well into the short bows unit.

This filler now rounds the unit up to 50 (with 16 bases of fillers yet to paint). Looking through my bits boxes I think I may have enough to crank this unit up to 100...

@Menkeroth Thanks mate. They've really taken over my army. They started out as a box of something different to do besides layering all the green on the savage orcs - they're now the majority of my O&G by far! And still continue to grow ... :lol:

@Borgnine Cheers buddy - time to make up lost time :cool:

Cheers for looking, gents. More on the way :)

Last edited:

Farmer7574

Vampire Count
True Blood
Dec 10, 2013
England
I bought a few warp lightning kits this time last year with the intention of converting them into lobbas and pump wagons.

Here's Pump Wagon #1:

otm9ar.jpg

Inspired by another guy's work over on Da Warpath (cheers Anton :)), it's made using mainly just the wheels and wooden bases. I threw a few more details on there too.

Some more shots:

ma9xll.jpg

The crew is composed of a bunch of random snots I got on eBay and a few from different kits. I have loads of different ones so didn't have to convert any besides the 'driver', who basically had some kind of gear stick added to his hand.

This is the first of 3 or 4 wagons I have planned for this year. Let me know what you think.

Next up is NG Filler #6: Archers

3310rqb.jpg

Nothing too special, just goblins being goblins - something to help bulk out my growing short bows unit.

Whilst taking a look at the things I have left to paint I realized there are parts to make a few more fun filler ideas later on. I won't spoil the fun but there'll be some different things coming in the future :D

@Borgnine I went over the top with the drybrush finish xD Glad you like the filler - just another random idea I threw together during a lunch break :)

Thanks for taking a look guys, more on the way soon. :)

Farmer7574

Vampire Count
True Blood
Dec 10, 2013
England
I've got a few too many things on my table right now and wanted to square something away quickly before 2019 hits. So, here we have...

NG Filler #7: Bug Fight

24fxo46.jpg

The idea I got from watching the scorpion fight in Jar Head - we have a few night goblins and snots cheering on some bugs locked in a death match.

Here are some more shots:

21km3nn.jpg

I wanted to go for a scarab look for the bug - I liked the idea of using some vivid colours on something so small. For the snake thing, I did colours more or less the same as the terrain as camouflage. I may yet glaze the orange brown to give him a bit of a difference to the terrain.

After adding this filler, the bows unit is just 4 bases shy of 50. The gobbo population has shaped up nicely this year and will continue to do so in 2019 (especially after seeing the upcoming night goblin/squig releases - they'll definitely be joining my army :perv:)

Cheers for taking a look, Happy New Year in advance xD:thumbsup::cool:

Borgnine

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Jun 15, 2013
Pruszkow, Poland
Sorry for not writing something earlier! First, I am amazed by that pump wagon, it looks really awesome, quality kitbashing right there ;) I am really looking forward to the upcoming ones, having 4 of them will be a true mayhem on the battlefield xD The fillers are great as well, of course. Sweet work on that scarab, good to see that even such a tiny part in a filler piece is getting as much attention from you :)

Farmer7574

Vampire Count
True Blood
Dec 10, 2013
England
Another filler to flesh out the bows unit...

NG Filler #8: Rock Filler One

2n8245t.jpg

I got this idea from watching Everest, seeing the various memorabilia deposited at the peek. I also want to create a rockier environment for my night goblins to add to the 'Durotar' feel, so opted for some odd rock stacks with stuff on top of them, however I found it a bit bare when assembled and so made use of the skulls kit and added a few bones here and there.

I have some more of these in the works - they should look decent placed around the rear ranks of the night gobbo units.

Besides this filler, I currently have two pump wagons in the works which I'm painting alongside the Vargs for my VC army. I've just started my Chinese New Year holiday and have a nice bit of time to dedicate to painting for the next few weeks :)

@Sharkbelly Cheers mate. I love the new releases, expect to see some of them in my PLOG at some point as fillers and other things!

@Borgnine Glad you like the pump wagon kit bash mate, but I can't take credit for the idea as someone did these a few years back on Da Warpath. I've got 3 pump wagons minimum, probably enough parts for a fourth one. We'll see. Then there's two rock lobbas too...

@Menkeroth The base was simple – 2 40mm squared bases stuck together :) I have a bunch of other filler ideas to get done along the road to completing all of my night goblins also :) 82 night goblins was the last count, which I'm hoping to stretch to 150, so lots of fillers :)

@brr-icy Cheers mate – more on the way :)

Cheers for taking a look chaps :)

Farmer7574

Vampire Count
True Blood
Dec 10, 2013
England
Here we go - NG Filler #8: Rock Filler

14ig9sj.jpg

Nothing too special, but it sits nicely in a big Night Gobbo unit. This one completes the 3rd Night Goblin unit now, so that's currently 150 Night Goblin infantry total. Some more shots:

14t3ptu.jpg

After looking through the leftover NG bits I've found that I have about 80 left. I reckon I can get another 150 after buying some of the new stuff and making some more fillers... Still a fair few to go but the end is in sight!

I forgot to get a pick of the whole unit together this time round but will get one next time.

Cheers for taking a look, more in the works as usual! :)

Borgnine

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Jun 15, 2013
Pruszkow, Poland
Ah, good old stones as terrain features in wargaming, that's some good stuff xD It turned out great, those rocks really bring out that rocky, Durotar feeling. I like how stacked they are - perhaps you could use their unbalanced appearance, like maybe a snotling standing on one leg on top of it? Just throwing some ideas around - especially when you're saying things like 'another 150', that's one hell of an ambitious project! Keep it up sir!

Farmer7574

Vampire Count
True Blood
Dec 10, 2013
England
After finishing the Varg wings over my Chinese New Year holiday I wanted to paint something different, so since I have a bunch of war machines in various stages of assembly I decided to work on the following:

WIP Pump Wagon 1:

302qvl3.jpg

The conversion previously posted, now all painted up and awaiting the crew. The wood was a bit monotonous to paint but wasn't too bad as I just did a bit here and there when I had small breaks at work. Adding details at the end brought this wagon to life.

Here's WIP Pump Wagon 2:

16hq1sn.jpg

The crew for this one still remains unready for paint, but it won't be long before they board the wagon. I didn't bother with a pre-paint shot of this as I've had to paint it unassembled. Note to self; wheels are a pain to paint when glued on.

Next up, here's a pic of the whole unit of short bows together:

300e6bl.jpg

The unit's missing a squig or two but I'm happy with the effect that the fillers are having here; disrupting the tidy ranks of goblins and creating nice focal points of chaotic fun. Currently just the spears and bows units have fillers, and I still want to add more mini 2-base fillers in the future when expanding the Night Goblins.

That said, after working out last time that I have about 80 more NGs, I went ahead and picked up some of the new Gloomspite Gitz releases for making fun fillers later on:

2i71lyr.jpg

I've had a quick look through these kits and they're fantastic - can't wait to start work on them in the future!

@brr-icy Cheers mate – a lot of the NG minis have mushrooms on so I occasionally add some where they aren't. All blends in that way :)

@Borgnine I love the snotling idea! Maybe doing a yoga pose or something – ridiculous and hilarious. It has to be done! 150 bases but only 80-100 minis total I reckon. They won't be done in any short time but it's not actually too much work. :D

Cheers for taking a look guys, more coming soon.

brr-icy

Skeleton
Jan 23, 2019
Ontario
I am pretty excited to get my o&g army, but I have no idea when it will be (a friend is giving me his old one) or what is in it. He estimates there's around 10k points there. I like the pump wagons you made, and I will have a spare warp lightning cannon frame from building a rat tank for my skaven.

Borgnine

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Jun 15, 2013
Pruszkow, Poland
The machines are great, you can almost hear and feel how ramshackle they are! They will be probably even better with all the snotling shenanigans on top! xD The archer units tops them easily, though - I am amazed how you managed to turn that rather boring idea of 'goblins with bows' and turn them into such an interesting unit! I also like how big role the landscape plays here, you can really see the environment and they react to it, rather than being just a background, great stuff! :thumbsup:

Farmer7574

Vampire Count
True Blood
Dec 10, 2013
England
It's been nigh on a year since I've made any updates here but I thought I'd drop by and warm up the forge before posting my recent work.

Last year I spent the majority of my hobby time working on my VC army, so didn't add much at all to the greenskins in 2019. I've since decided to make a pretty sizeable addition to them and have spent my Chinese New Year holiday/quarantine working on them (amongst other things).

TinyPic has also closed up shop since my last updates and I don't have backups of my previous pics, so I'm going to just take some new pics of my old work and post them together as I go.

Regarding earlier posts:

@brr-icy It's been a while! I hope you've got started on them. I've got my third pump wagon in the works and will aim to get it assembled in the coming weeks.

@Borgnine Thanks man, high praise once again from you. I've aimed to get a bit of a canyon kinda feel with these guys and wanted to achieve that by adding some of that environment to the units. Some more fillers in the works also include this, and I'll eventually make some scenery bases (like my trees for VC) to accompany this army.

Cheers chaps - I've got some pics to share and will straighten them out in the coming days.

Farmer7574

Vampire Count
True Blood
Dec 10, 2013
England
Here we go then - a few images and work to share.

In my last post I mentioned that I've planned a pretty sizeable addition to my current Orcs & Goblins force, so here's a few things that I've picked up over the past 6 months or so...

After tallying up my remaining night goblins I have left to paint and buying these new additions, I've planned to expand the Night Goblin infantry by 150, which will be 50 spears, 50 short bows and 50 hand weapons (plus fanatics, etc.). I just love the new sculpts and had to get some to make awesome fun fillers for my NG units.

I also picked up these bits:

The Warhammer Underworlds Zarbag's Gitz warband is a mini goldmine of unique night goblins to add - the old Skull Pass minis and even the current NGs are a bit mundane but great for fleshing out the numbers, so a bit of variety from this set is a welcome addition. The battle wagon upgrade pack? You might be able to guess why I've bought that and what I plan to make with it :D

And so here my first offering for this sizeable project - 7 night goblins armed with short bows including a mini filler. NG Filler #9: Dibbz. The batch also includes Redkap and Stikkit from Underworlds.

The champ is a mash of night goblin and hopper parts and the musician has a hopper weapon. All the other guys are vanilla. Here they are finished...

I wanted to get to work on the Gitz set pretty early on, the minis have so much character. 43 to go for these guys.

Below is my next filler I'm working on: NG Filler #10 - Fanatic Two...

I managed to score a good deal on old school regiment bases. I wanted a bunch of these so I can play around with basing fillers on something other than 20x40mm and 40mm squared bases. The idea is to disrupt the uniform appearance they'd have being all based on single bases.

The new fanatics are also an excellent kit that I wanted to dive into. I've currently assembled a few as standard fanatics and kept a few for fillers.

Lastly, I have completed the crew for my converted Snotling Pump Wagon:

I was pleased with how the wagon turned out when I finished it last year, but it just looked bare without the crew. Adding them has completely changed its appearance.

Some more shots:

The shots aren't great but you get the idea of what it looks like.

Thanks for looking guys, more stuff coming soon :)

Last edited:

Farmer7574

Vampire Count
True Blood
Dec 10, 2013
England
March has been a very productive month for me. I've managed to square away a massive 26 minis (some Snotlings, but they still count :) ) and have got about a third into the second Night Goblin short bows unit.

Building on my small batch of seven to kick off the unit, I've added a few fillers...

NG Filler #10: Another Fanatic on the Loose:

I love the latest fanatic kit – they've got so much character and their poses suggest complete anarchy.

NG Filler #11: Hopper Being Shot At

A filler I made a while ago, but gladly now finished.

NG Filler #12: Pokers

A modest two-base filler, but adds some nice variety to the unit. Speaking of which, here's the unit so far:

Next up are a couple of fanatics, including my fourth mini from Zarbag's Gitz; Sourtongue

Probably my favourite mini from the Gitz, when they were released I made sure I'd include at least him in my army :)

And since TinyPic was kind enough to bin all of my images, here are all of my fanatics so far:

10 in total, however there are a few more used as fillers in the Night Goblin units . I also still have several to paint and will probably end up buying another box just because they're that cool.

That's the lot for now - a nice dent in the planned expansion. I've also done some more work on that big cook pot filler I started assembling ages ago. The thing just needs some green stuff flames now, then it should be a pretty quick process to get it painted.

Cheers for looking guys. More not far off.

Farmer7574

Vampire Count
True Blood
Dec 10, 2013
England
With the infantry expansion I'm working on, it just didn't feel right going through a month without doing anything Greenskins related. Here's my latest work:

https://postimages.org/] 0014.jpg [/url]

This is the remainder of the fanatics kit I bought. One modeled as a mini filler and the other two as standard fanatics (if there is such a thing...)

So here's NG Filler #13 – 'Fanatic On The Loose 3':

https://postimages.org/] 0015.jpg [/url]

One detail that I like about the new night goblin kits is the mushrooms. Since they've modeled a variety of different ones I've painted them up differently, adding some spot colours to my army and a little more life to their habitat.

Speaking of habitat, I've just bought some more large round bases and some styrofoam with which I plan to sculpt Grand Canyon-style rocks to add some scenery, just like I've done with the Undead army. I'm still working on my rock sculpting skills :)

And here are the two other fanatics:

https://postimages.org/] 0016.jpg [/url]

I can't state enough how awesome the sculpts are, it's just a really cool kit. I love that Stormcast dude's face imprint on the ball - this could be the closest I ever come to painting any of those guys :D

That's the lot for now. More coming soon :)

Reactions: Darnok

Farmer7574

Vampire Count
True Blood
Dec 10, 2013
England
My next bunch of fillers are ready for a bit of paint, fillers 14, 15 & 16:

0017.jpg

As mentioned previously, I've bought a bunch of kits to expand this army, one being the new Squig Hopper/Boingrot Bounder kit. These guys look really chaotic, so I've turned a few into fillers for my Night Goblin units. I've also done another rock shrine kinda thing.

I've already started painting these, so hopefully some or all of them will be done by the end of the month. That's all for now, more coming soon.

vg11k

Skeleton
Oct 5, 2017
Orleans
There are a lot of "tinypic" no longer available pictures from your 2018 shot, that sad :'(

Next, i love your gobbos. They look simple but they feel amazing. In particular the snot pump who reminder me the Grom the Paunch trailer for total war. So funny. A little detail is the human face printed in the fanatic ball, i did not knew it was here, i like it. Also nice unit filler at the end, even if it doesn't have squig on it

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu