• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

warspawned

Skeleton
Nov 30, 2010
Impossible to name as my musical taste is too eclectic (if we're counting solo artists in which case Tom Waits is up there! I'm also a massive Thomas Dolby fan).

10 off the top of my head...

Led Zeppelin
Metallica
Incubus
Tool
NIN
Marillion (Fish era)
Iron Maiden
The Doors
Sunna (for that amazing debut)
Steely Dan
Deathklok!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (goes all the way to 11!)

Just a ponder - why is it so many death metal (et al) bands take themselves so seriously with their names? I understand the 'brooding/violent/unholy/anti-establishment/excessive body-odour' deal but c'mon, wouldn't it be nice for a Death Metal band to have a name that's against the stereo-type, or at least plays upon it? Like "Kittens with Machete's" or "Mostly Harmless" or else some utter filth that I shan't mention on here...?

kleesel

Zombie
Dec 13, 2010
A short list of my taste, apart from all the great classical music I play and listen to for my job:

Motorpsycho (my no. 1, I have all their albums)
E.L.O.
Queen
Sebadoh
Smashing pumpkins
dEUS
Zita Swoon
Black Sabbath (their 1st album is great)
R.E.M.
Tower of Power
Glenn Miller/ Frank Sinatra/ other old school jazz

Azrael

Skeleton
Nov 28, 2010
I don't think i'd know where to begin eh lets see Disturbed Godsmack cradle of filth Rob zombie the list goes on :)

Astorre

Ghoul
Dec 11, 2010
Oh man am I the only one who grew up in the projects that plays warhammer? Haha... I like punk rock & hip hop....
Leftover Crack
Star F*cking Hipsters
No Cash
Vagrant Boys
Fugees
Bone Thugs n Harmony
Gucci Mane
Jody Breeze
K Rino
I also listen to Black Metal bands like Mayhem & Emperor, and old school music like Curtis Mayfield, Marvin Gaye, and Al Green (gotta play Al Green when your with your girl haha....)

darknesseternal

Varghulf
Aug 15, 2007
Melbourne
I narrowed my choices down to two, and with my eclectic tastes they are polar opposites..

Iron Maiden

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GghCs_C65v0&feature=related[/video]

The first Maiden song I ever heard and where it all started for me back in 1988..

And...

Neko Case

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nBt_e9tzdQ[/video]

So classic metal and country/folk.. not sure how that came about except that I've always appreciated strong vocals.. would have to mention Epica as another fave then as well.

untitled_musketeer

Vampire Count
True Blood
Aug 9, 2010
Huddersfield
I'm a big fan of Classic Rock.

I love the likes of Led Zep, ACDC, The Who, Free, Bad Company, Boston, Journey. I also like guys like Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band and The Eagles.

Loads of great bands, way to many to mention!

Bennett

Zombie
Dec 23, 2010
Derby
Keep going back to Avenged Sevenfold myself although not so keen on the new album, like some of the tracks but maybe it'll grow on me.

Also quite enjoy a bit of Disturbed and Bullet for My Valentine.

Generaltso

Zombie
Dec 27, 2010
Franklin, Pa.
Hard to pinpoint a favorite. Here's a short list of some of my top choices:

Thin Lizzy
Iron Maiden
Kiss
Judas Priest
Black Sabbath(more leaning towards the Dio era here)
Dio/Rainbow
Slough Feg(aka The Lord Weird Slough Feg)
Orodruin
While Heaven Wept
Griftegard

Dec 12, 2010
hrmmmmm..... I dunno. I've got a bunch. top ten though:

The Killers
The Bravery
Flogging Molly
The Dropkick Murphys
Metric
Gorillaz
Cage the Elephant
CAKE
Neon Trees
and Arctic Monkeys

Vreith

Ghoul
Oct 26, 2010
Behemoth, Dimmu Borgir, Ensifirum, Metallica, Eluvatie, Nile, MoonSorrow, Destroyer 666, amon amarth, Wintersun, Opeth & more

UmbraMortuum

Ghoul
Oct 14, 2007
Where the f**k is the 90's Seattle scene people?!!?

Soundgarden (listening to Superunknown right now), The Pixies, Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Stone Temple Pilots, Temple of the Dog...

that said, I have eclectic tastes, so we can throw in Deep Purple, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Tool, Perfect Circle, Disturbed, White Zombie, Godsmack (I serenaded my then-girlfriend-now-wife with Voodoo once :lol: ), Pantera, Audioslave, Rage against the Machine, Smashing Pumpkins, Rammstein, Black Sabbath, Neil Young...

Angelwitch

Zombie
Jul 24, 2010
Judas Priest, Angelwitch, Accept, Motörhead.
Destruction, Sodom, Kreator
Virgin Steele, Manillaroad, Darkquarterer
Venom, Mercyful Fate
Black widow, Rush.

my bands top list

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu