• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

Favourite 40K Armies?

Go the necrons!

The "We'll be back" rolls have brought many happy moment when 8/10 guys from a squad get back up and guass their opponents to hell.
Also, against anyone but Tau the Monolith's are pretty much unstoppable.

The Dark Sheep

Master Vampire
True Blood
I like the look of the traitor guard, and particularly the ones with crazy mutations and gas masks. Only too bad those guard sprues are so damned boring to work with...

My favourite 40k army has to be my good old red corsairs . Whats better than 7 foot tall power armour wearing pirates ,except for zombie pirates of course .

Master Vampire

Master Necromancer
True Blood
I don't play 40K, but if I ever would start an army, it would be Nids, Eldar or Tau. If I have no money to buy 3 armies, Nids will win. :konrad:

Trevy the Great

Vampire Progenitor
True Blood
MV, Nids always win. The sooner you realize that the sooner you can embrace the Hive Mind and become one with the swarm.

My favourite are Eldar, by far. I don't play 40K very often (mostly when I'm forced to...) but when I do, the Eldar are one of the most rewarding armies to play with. They have their weaknesses, but when everything clicks it really does click!

I've always wanted to do a Death Korps of Krieg army as well made up entirely of the Forgeworld models but alas, my bank keep telling me I can't afford it :(

Goggalor

Necromancer
My favorite army is the witch hunters but i have very little success with them. Am starting to get into orks as they are nice models and fun to play, but alas i do not play much at all nw.

Get of W'soran

CN's Lord of Masks
True Blood
The Imperial Guard of course!
Whats more Badass than throwing a ton of useless...ah erm brave Soldiers that is to their death!
Plus like the Empire I like the idea of being a weak human underdog :tongue:

Joint with that is definitely the Thousand Sons, God I love those guys.
Magnus was my favourite Primarch and I still think the emperor screwed up when he punished him so harshly :tongue:
I mean yea ok he kept studying Sorcery and yea he broke his daddys defenses on earth.
But he meant good! xD

Stupid Emperor, I'm glad hes stuck on that throne!

Marcus Von Drac

Vampire Thrall
A tad harsh :lol:

"Oh your the cripple who saved the entire human race from extinction are you."
"Yeah well, you were mean to your son, you deserve to be crippled!"

Although I do confess, Thousand sons are cool. Very cool. AP3 bolters and a Blue and Yellow paint scheme? Yes please!

Trevy the Great

Vampire Progenitor
True Blood
They are pretty cool. I'm seriously considering a Thousand Sons army just for the super-duper firebase that they can create. Its so cool!

Get of W'soran

CN's Lord of Masks
True Blood
Is that the Star Child thing?

I'm realitively new to 40K so I only know the old fluff from wiki's and old forum posts.

Tyranids will eat him and become super god Tyranids, with lasers for eyes and rocket launchers for fingers, but not toes that where we keep the talons for close combat.

Ahhh Genstealers you can run but we can hide, and proceed to rip you to tiny metal shreds.
BTW actually did that to a full squad of blood angle terminators, after killing another group of jump-pack people can't recall what they were called but terminators couldn't climb the small cliff so I won Whahaha.

Go nids.

Danceman

The Devil in Pale Moonlight
True Blood
It isnt all so black and white though, check the rulebook for Inquisitor. There are quite a divide between the different factions, one believe we need to kill the emperor to save humankind, one believe we must keep him alive, another believe one of the former two and are insanely pendantic and zealous when it comes to xenos/mutations while another one are more inclined to work with other races... and so on and so on.

The imperium of humankind is far from united in this cause. It is also what makes the lore behind it all more interesting and IMO it is far richer than lore we find in fantasy.

They are pretty cool. I'm seriously considering a Thousand Sons army just for the super-duper firebase that they can create. Its so cool!
I've had a thousand sons army for six years...oh the times...
However, with the new chaos codex and the rules edition, playing Thousand Sons competitively has become very difficult, so I wouldn't recommend them unless your really committed...
hmm...I feel like writing an article on them now.

Disciple of Nagash

The Perverted One
Staff member
Count Erick said:
hmm...I feel like writing an article on them now.
Please do so. I for one would be interested, even though I don't collect them I love to learn about other armies, and I am sure there would be others who would put your article into use.....

Hmm, may be should have a 40K section in the Invocation?

Zanos

Vampire Count
True Blood
...That sounds like a great idea. Maybe I could put my two year experience with 40k into it >.>

Me and my big mouth. :tongue:
Looks like I have to do it now ;) Let me wait for things at work and school to quiet down first though.

Fine, I'll do it in installments rather than one larger post then. I'll have it up at some point in the next 24 hours.