Fine Tuning RAW 2400pts

  • The masquerade of murder returns! A new game of Vampires Amongst Us has begun. Unmask the killers, trust no one, and try to survive the night. Find out more and sign up now!

Dawico

Zombie
Mar 26, 2013
16
Perth
Zombies
15
2400 Powergaming List to TAC's

Ghoul King: LoV, Level 1, AoDM, RF, Sword of Might, DScroll, DBG, OTS
Master Necro: LoD, Level 4

Vampire: LoD, Level 1, QB, Cursed Book, Enchanted Shield, Hvy Armor
Banshee
Banshee
Banshee

40 Ghouls
30 Skeletons: Full Command, Lichebone Pennant
21 Zombies

Spirit Host
Spirit Host
3 Vargheists

Terrorgheist
Terrorgheist

2400pts exactly

The group I play with pretty much tries to powergame their lists as much as possible, so this is what I'm thinking of bringing to the table. Would love to "drain" :vampire3: the experience from everyone on here for any advice xD

Idea is that all the characters go into the skele unit doing the killing with the ghouls doing some damage to. Terrorgheists do their thing, with spirit hosts looking to tie units up until the screamers can get where they're needed. Vargheists are used to hunt cannons and anything else that threatens the Terrorgheists.

The armies in the group are (although once we all get back up to scratch we'll be going to some tourney's, so all comer's is important. We havn't played warhammer for a year or two.):

Lizardmen (saurus blocks, slann, ripperdac's, sallies)
Ogre's (2 ironblasters, mournfang, lots of ironguts and casters)
Bretonnia (lots of whinging about using a really old book lol)
Skaven (lots of fearing his army will suffer the Lizzie's 8th ed treatment, lightning cannon's, abom's, engineer's, slaves, warpfire throwers, standard nasty skaven)
Empire (council of light, budgie knights, some infantry, some knights)
Warriors of Chaos (Double demonprince's, nurgle warrior block, BSB disc with 2++ basically).

Thanks in advance for any opinion's :thumbsup:
 
I like the list! A nice screamo kinda deal going on. I would consider switching the vamp to LoV in case the general dies. Crumble insurance is a good thing to have! Other than that I'm not to sure. I would like to see the hero vamp with some kind of strength boost, and the Vargs to have a champion, but finding the points is gonna be rough. LoD on the MN is a keeper, so is AoDM on the general.
 
I could drop the zombie unit and add 1 skele to make the 600 core. Would give me enough points to buy an extra varg and a unit champ for them giving 2398pts. That does give me a better unit for siege hunting and late game rear/flank charges however it does make the army even smaller. The zombie block was going to be used to stop anyone flanking my skele unit, as that unit is pretty much GAME OVER if it dies. Hmmmm so many options .... it's a curse and an advantage of VC.
 
Well I played my first game with this list (apart from changing the vamp hero to LoV just in case the general dies) and I got the victory. Was playing my lizardman mate and we rolled watchtower. The MVP of the match was actually the terrain with a sinister statue and a sorcerous portal providing many laughs and frustrations throughout the game.

Lizzy army: Slann (etheral channeling 3 dice getting 5/6's with a rerollable dispel), skink priest scroll caddy, skink chief on a terradon cracing magical eggs on people, 2 saurus blocks, 2 units of ripperdacts, 6 man coldone cav, bastilidon with the bound item shooting, unit of chameleons, 3-4 units of skink skirms.

Making the lizzy player work all game trying to get my skele unit with all the characters out of the watchtower won me the game. He chose not to deploy in the watchtower so I moved my unit into it. Turn 6 I moved them out and my 34ish ghouls that were left into it with the game finishing at the end of turn 7. Vargheists didn't get a chance to do anything with the sorcerous portal fireballing them on turn 1 with 6 hits 4 wounds. Followed by a ripperdact unit charging them only to get WS 10 and Init 10 from the sorcerous portal..... that portal hated me all game. Other unlucky moment was watching a terrorgheist scream all but 2 skinks to death from a unit only to have them cause 2 wounds shooting back in their turn.... damn poison. Also have to mention I doubt I won't be taking the cursed book in every list. It was a great item. At it's worst it's average, at it's best it's fantastic, depending on how many powerdice it takes and what spells you get.

My only concern about my current list is if we get a fortitude mission, that having only 3 fortitude in the army means if my general dies it's game over and a ghoul king is a little squishy. So hard to shoe horn in another banner though as the zom's are great being a throw away speed hump so I don't want them to have a banner for VP's as IoV doesn't get cast much in this list. I could squeeze out 25pts to make the vamp hero a BSB but I'm not a fan of VC BSB's. Any idea's?
 
Hey Sun do you cast IoN much to get your zomb blocks up in size? I know you run a deathcro as your lvl 4 aswell so was wondering if you spend many PD on IoN. Also do you find you give away many VP's with the zom's banners?
 
Posted about the skele bus in another thread and linked this thread as an example army but it's changed a fair bit through play testing and thought I'd post the updated version for anyone who wants to copy it etc.

2400 Powergaming List to TAC's

Vamp Lord: LoV, Level 1, QB, RF, Ogre Blade, Armour of Destiny, Ironcurse Icon, Shield
Master Necro: LoD, Level 4

Vampire: LoD, Level 1, AoDM, Dispell Scroll, Enchanted Shield, Heavy Armour
Necro: LoV, Level 1, Cursed Book, Obsidian Trinket
Banshee
Banshee
Banshee

33 Skeletons: Full Command, Banner of Swiftness
40 Skeletons: Full Command
40 Zombies: Standard
5 Direwolves

Spirit Host
Spirit Host
Spirit Host
3 Fellbats

Terrorgheist
Terrorgheist

2400pts exactly
 
Im newe to vampire counts, do all your character join the same 33 skellie unit and go 5 wide so your casters sit in the second rank?

If i am wrong, how does it work?
 
Yes all the character go in the 33 strong skele unit. The two vamps and the command have to be in the front rank as per BRB. This mean your second rank is the necromancers and the banshees. However once you get into comebat your characters can use the "make way" rule from the BRB, which means you can move your three banshees into the front rank with the two vamps. Only do this if you think the enemy unit doesn't have magical attacks. It means only those in base/supporting on your vamp can swing and those near the banshee can't hit due to ethereal. Also banshees can scream into combat during your turn. Not much stands up to this, but being a deathstar without much movement means it still has it's weaknesses.
 
I had an idea but feel free to put it aside

Divide your zombies into 2 units of 20 and play them staggered behind one another. It gives you another drop and possibly another standard (Blood and glory). I remember reading about the tactic in some Skaven tactica but cant for the life of me find it to expand my point further
 
Yeah I been considering something like that for my next few games anyway (basically taking a bunch more 20 man zombie unit with a banner like Sunking does). Idea is to drop the second 40 man skele and zombie units. Replacing them with 4 20 man zombie unit's. If I did this though i'd also change the lvl 1 death caster into a LoV caster just so the first 1-2 turns could be spent casting IoN 3 times a phase to strengthen up the zombie units.
 

About us

  • Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu