First OnG list with the new book, a 3k list

  • The masquerade of murder returns! A new game of Vampires Amongst Us has begun. Unmask the killers, trust no one, and try to survive the night. Find out more and sign up now!
So, have made a draft on what my first list will look like with the new book!

C&C welcome!

Lords

Black orc Warboss
-Axe of Strife
-Talisman of Endurance
-Enchanted Shield
-Heavy Armour

Savage orc Great Shaman
-Level 4
-Shrunken Head

Heroes

Black Orc Big Boss
-BSB
-Shield
-Armour of Destiny
-Armed to da Teef

Night Goblin Shaman
-Level 2
-Magic Mushrooms

Core

30 Orc Boyz
-Shields
-Full Command

24 Savage Big 'uns
-Two Choppas
-Full Command

12 Arrer Boyz
-'nilla

40 Common Gobs
-Spears
-Shields
-Full Command
-2 Skulkas

30 Night Goblins
-Shields
-Full Command
-Nets
-2 Fanatics

30 Night Goblins
-Short Bows
-Nets
-Full Command
-1 Fanatic

Special

23 Black Orcs
-Standard
-Musician
-Hoping to fit +1Ld Banner

Orc Chariot
-3 Crew

Squig Herds
-15 Squigs
-10 Herders

Rare

2 Rock Lobbers

1 Arachnarok Spider
-Net Flinga
 
Looks pretty solid to me.

I'm not a huge fan of the Arrer Boys, so I would take those points and invest in some cheep gobo heroes to give some extra punch to the gobo units.
 
Wheres all your impact hits spears :P I would take them on all your units that can purely for the fun of it. :devil2:
 
How is it your BSB has the Armour of Destiny?

I agree with Burnination that the arrer boys are prob a waste, those 12 arrows would be more effective as a few extra Black Orcs or Boyz.
 
Is there a reason the warboss is a black orc? A regular orc warboss is like 50pts cheaper. I would give a regular orc warboss the Armor of Destiny and a shield for a 4+, 4++. And if your gonna spend 40pts on a magic weapon, why not give him Bashas Axe of Stunty Smashin? +1 Str, +1 Att, and Armor Piercing. Against dwarves its +2 str, +2 Att!! Its only 10pts more than the Sword of Strife.

Find the 35pts neccessary to get your Great Shaman the Fencers Blades. If you get the Fists of Gork spell your shaman will be a combat BEAST! He will get 6 str8 attacks in the first round of combat at WS10!!

With a black orc BSB he already comes with heavy armor, so swap the armor of destiny
(Since the warboss should have it) for the Talisman of Preservation and the Enchanted shield. He will then have a 3+, 4++.

I would also drop a lvl on the night gobbo shaman, since the great shaman will be using all the dice. The signature spell from the little waagh is good anyways. Give him a Dispell scroll.

Losing the arrer boyz is a good idea. The regular boyz too.

Make the Savage Orc Big Un block 38 strong, and put the Great Shaman, and BSB in there. The BSB will help to keep your magic phase goin by not letting the savages fail animosity.

Swap out the regular gobbos for night gobbos and make sure they both have nets. That -1 to strength is great! Getting em up to 40 would also be good.

You'll need some redirectors and war machine hunters also. So get you some wolf riders.

Tell you what, I'll send a 3k list to give you some ideas. I will try to keep most of the things in your list, in this list.
 
seriously though, how is a BSB getting magic armour?
Am I missing something in the rules, because I'm fairly certain BSB cannot take magic items except banners...
 
Orc Warboss - Armor of Destiny, Bashas Axe, shield
Savage Orc Great Shaman - lvl4, Fencers Blades, Shrunken Head
Black Orc BSB - Talisman of Preservation, heavy armor, shield
Night Gobbo Shaman - lvl1, Dispell Scroll
------------------------------

38 Savage Orc Big Uns - fc, 2 Choppas
40 Night Gobbos - fc, spears, shields, nets
40 Night Gobbos - fc, spears, shields, nets
5 Wolf Riders - spears, musician
5 Wolf Riders - spears, musician
5 Wolf Riders - musician
---------------------------------

39 Black Orcs - fc, Banner of Eternal Flame
Wolf Chariot (all chariots are seperate)
Wolf Chariot
Wolf Chariot
Wolf Chariot
Wolf Chariot
Wolf Chariot
-----------------------
Araknarok
2 Mangler Squigs
 
The psychological effect still applies even if there aren't any! :)

Besides, I got tired of having to relesase them on turn one due to going second and the opponent having cheap units that vanguard up then move to release the fanatics. You then either have to sacrifice them by shooting them out of the back of the units off the board, or risk getting hit multiple times before you make it across the table.
 
Fallen, have you had a chance to test you list?

And have you painted them?!?! b/c if you have I would like to see them.
 
Burnanation:

This list has been re-written more times than I can remember, but I've played a few games OnG and so far they haven't disappointed me.

This I the list I run now, orcs only, as my friend has started a goblin only army and we tend to play allies a lot.



Orc Warboss
-Bashas Axe, Armour of Destiny, Shield

Orc Great Shaman
-Level 4, Talisman of Endurance, Sceptre of Stability, Fencers Blades

Black Orc Big Boss
-BSB, Heavy Armour, Talisman of Preservation, Enchanted Shield


40 Orc Big 'uns
-Full Command, Shields

20 Arrer Boyz
-Standard Bearer

30 Orc Boyz
-Spears, Shields, Full Command

30 Black Orcs
-Full Command, Banner of Discipline

Boar Chariot

Boar Chariot

10 Boar Boyz
-Full Command, Banner of Swiftness

2 Rock Lobbers


I have it all painted except the boar boyz and one chariot. I'll try to take a picture when I play my next match
 

About us

  • Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu