Fluffy lists

  • The masquerade of murder returns! A new game of Vampires Amongst Us has begun. Unmask the killers, trust no one, and try to survive the night. Find out more and sign up now!
Hello Seth,

First I'll be moving your thread to a more fitting forum section. I think the General forum will fit the best for this.

[mod]Thread moved to Bloodlines[/mod]

Secondly you need to specify what theme you're after. For von Carstein you have a bunch of appropriate units to choose from in the army list; dire wolves, fell bats, bat swarms, vargheists and black coaches are all directly tied to the bloodline. I think the most important thing to focus on is your general, though. Von Carsteins are usually good both at magic and close combat, so if you're willing to take a step back from optimal performance you can build something fitting. You can use the existing special characters as a template for what could work... although they're probably an odd bunch of the family with Konrad unable to use magic and Mannfred focusing almost entirely on it.

Oh well, I hope this will help to get you started. :)
 
Yeah our army as far as fluff goes generally picks a bloodline and rolls with it. The von carnstiens being the easiest since all our special vamps are from that bloodline and in a 2500 point game you can run all of them.

Otherwise then that the only easy ones are a ghoul king list, a kemmler/krell list, or a ghost list.

After that you'd have to look up the other bloodlines and determine for yourself what you think fits.
 
Thanks for the advice, i will look around the web to see what suits me, i think im going to go with arkhan the black using lore of undeath.
 
I have a fluffy list running a pair of flying (hellsteed) vampires in a BK bus. I mean...the army is Vampire Count*S*. You can't have just one :P


In all seriousness though, I reject the notion that "fluffy" lists can't also be competitive ones. Is mono-nurgle demons not also fluffy? Is Khainite DE not also fluffy? Just because options are good doesn't mean that they aren't "fluffy" if they're thematic and don't contradict the fluff.

For Vampires there's really not much restricting us from a fluff perspective. "Fluffy" really comes from incorporating thematically consistent units and painting/modelling them in the same.

For instance I'm running a Khemrian-themed list (my club has taken to calling them the Tomb Counts), centred around a vampiric Nehekharan King and Queen who are raising up an undead legion lost beneath the sand. It's "fluffy" in that I've focused on skeletons over zombies, and extensively converted every single model in my list (literally) to fit the Khemric theme. Everything is "rising up from the sands" as well, and I've gone with Lore of Vampires and Lore of Undeath to further that.

It's also a hyper-competitive build. People will say that's not "fluffy" but...why? What's not fluffy about vampires with a legion of undead followers?
 

About us

  • Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu