• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Dark Sheep

Master Vampire
True Blood
Feb 8, 2008
For those of you who have been following the E-zine you might have heard this mentioned a couple of times; there will be a funniest zombie pose competition and you are able to participate.

This project was originally started by "The Dark Lord Mr Fluffy" about a year ago in coherence with our last attempt at writing an E-zine (here's the link). Unfortunately we had a certain lack of contributors last time, and we never even got to voting over the few entries that were made. To avoid this happening again as many as possible should ,at least, give it a try. After all coming up with a good idea for a zombie pose shouldn't be too hard. And besides who wouldn't like to get their zombie featured in the first edition of an E-zine?

Just to get you started I can mention a couple of ideas: A zombie looking for a lost body part, a very badly wounded zombie that still tries to get hold of some brains or simply go for complete randomness...

The rules are as follows:

- The model must be painted.
- Unless it's an integral part of the mini-diorama, you may not have more than one zombie per entry.
- The largest base size allowed is 40mm.
- Your zombie(s) may not offend any one. If you're unsure PM me before posting it.
- Preferably give it a title (or we'll have to make one for you).
- We require descent pictures of your models, preferably with a plain background.
- The deadline is 31 May 2009.

I'm sure you're already eager to begin converting and painting, so I'll just finish off with saying "no zombie is a boring zombie, so don't hesitate to try out an idea"

Good luck :zombie3:

Krogholt

Skeleton
Aug 17, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
I know these aren't painted yet, and thus do not fullfill the requirements, but I'm still struggling with how to colour the skin.

I present to you:

A single militia being swarmed by 2½ zombie:
swarmed.jpg

The zombie which accidently decapitates another zombie:
decapitated.jpg

The zombie on stilts (I think I will use him as standard bearer):
stilts.jpg

Josef

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Aug 12, 2008
Texas
Sounds like a plan to me going to make this a sticky and ill be using this again at a later time.

The Dark Sheep

Master Vampire
True Blood
Feb 8, 2008
That's an awesome start, Krogholt and as long as you paint them in time I'm sure you'll have a good chance of winning. Now I only hope everybody else will be as productive, bacause then we've got ourselves a real competition.

BTW that stilt guy is great. Pure randomness xD

The Dark Sheep

Master Vampire
True Blood
Feb 8, 2008
You've still got plenty of time to get hold of a box, so don't even think of not entering... Alternatively you could just break apart an old zombie or two and use those parts.

And I'll be working on something during the weekend myself. I got some great ideas.

Onikaigo

Vampire Lord
True Blood
May 17, 2008
Germany
My pirate ninja zombie on a Unicycle has a place! As soon as I get my glue back I'll work on him.

where'd my Maneater run off to...I want that parrot.

Mar 16, 2009
Kislev
I'm not going to participate, but here's a thought for a big (or small if you want) diorama:
Front rank- how you want them
2nd, 3rd and 4th Ranks- Eating/Grabbing brains of ranks in front of them and fighting over brains.
They're so desparate for brains they'll eat the first ones they see.

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008
I've amended the first post to show the definite deadline is 31/05/09. So you've all got plenty of time!! Get posting those models.

Bauglir

Skeleton
Feb 25, 2009
Jus to avoid any Babylonian misunderstanding.

What is meant with 'entry'?
May every CN member enter this competition only once, showing one zombies?
Or may one enter more than once, but each time only showing one zombie?

Yours
B

The Dark Sheep

Master Vampire
True Blood
Feb 8, 2008
Sorry for my absence, but I have these damn preliminary exams... o.o

Nagash said:
does it have to be a zombie or can i use skelies and/or ghouls instead? (i only just started Vamps so i dont have zombies yet)

It has to be a zombie (it is called the funny zombie pose competition after all), but being a zombie only means it has to be what you'd call a zombie. Entering a skellie and say it counts as a zombie won't win you anything, but if you use it as a base for a conversion it's fine.

Bauglir said:
Or may one enter more than once, but each time only showing one zombie?

That one.
If you have a couple of good ideas you should enter with them as well, because that'll make your chances of winning even higher.

You may of course have several pictures of the same zombie, but it still counts as one entry (meaning you can only win with it once).

Devo

Crypt Horror
Apr 14, 2008
I want to do something for this, but I have so many projects going right now!

I'll see if I can come up with something. :)

The Dark Sheep

Master Vampire
True Blood
Feb 8, 2008
Considering your great converting skills there's no excuse for not entering. And a month should be plenty of time.

Deep

Zombie
Apr 21, 2009
Lincs, UK
Hey, I decided to enter this when I had a funny idea for a unit filler. I almost decided against doing this when I saw the same theme done by Campaneg in the old competition, but I felt mine had a little something his lacked and all in all when I cant stop myself from laughing at my own creation I felt it was worth entering. :p It uses two zombies but they are both integral to the scene.

Zombies don't get champions, so they made their own.
aimg19.imageshack.us_img19_9869_superzombie1.th.jpg
Image Link: http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a279/Deepfriedsoldier/SuperZombie1.jpg

aimg23.imageshack.us_img23_3654_superzombie2.th.jpg
Image Link: http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a279/Deepfriedsoldier/SuperZombie2.jpg

I'm seriously considering working some house rules out for this one :lol2:

Edit: Links changed to PhotoBucket for easier viewing.

The Dark Sheep

Master Vampire
True Blood
Feb 8, 2008
Deep said:

:lol:

Nice to see another entry. I am still working on mine and I hope everybody else is as well.

The Dark Sheep

Master Vampire
True Blood
Feb 8, 2008
Bump.

Just a reminder to everyone who want to participate in this competition; There's only some twenty days left to finish and post your entries, so it's about time you get your brains moving (Mmm... brains :zombie3: ).

linkona

Zombie
Apr 11, 2009
Deep said:
Hey, I decided to enter this when I had a funny idea for a unit filler. I almost decided against doing this when I saw the same theme done by Campaneg in the old competition, but I felt mine had a little something his lacked and all in all when I cant stop myself from laughing at my own creation I felt it was worth entering. :p It uses two zombies but they are both integral to the scene.

aimg19.imageshack.us_img19_9869_superzombie1.th.jpg
Image Link: http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a279/Deepfriedsoldier/SuperZombie1.jpg

aimg23.imageshack.us_img23_3654_superzombie2.th.jpg
Image Link: http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a279/Deepfriedsoldier/SuperZombie2.jpg

I'm seriously considering working some house rules out for this one :lol2:

Edit: Links changed to PhotoBucket for easier viewing.

I love it!

Krogholt

Skeleton
Aug 17, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
Now I finally got around to actually paint those zombies (well, 2 of them atleast). Since zombies isn't that exciting, I have chosen to use Army Painter for the shading (giving me more time for my Blood Knights and my Zombie Dragon conversion... and exams eventually ;)).

Zombie on stilts:
stiltscolour.jpg

Swarmed militia:
swarmedcolour.jpg

The only problem with Army Painter is that the varnish is glossy... So I might decide try to remove the shinyness by applying a matt varnish later. This is also the reason why I haven't finished the bases yet.

Anyway, I hope to see some more entries during the next couple of days, as the deadline is approaching :)

The Dark Sheep

Master Vampire
True Blood
Feb 8, 2008
Krogholt said:
Anyway, I hope to see some more entries during the next couple of days, as the deadline is approaching :)

As do I o.o...

They look great IMHO. Two worthy entries.

M0iM0i

Zombie
May 5, 2009
Hey guys,

This is my first post on this forum. Im painting 6 a 7 years but not very often an average of 1 model a month.
Still collecting my first army The UNDEAD :vampire3: and painting them.
But i allways use too much time to get the best out of my painting abbilities.

when i saw this competition, i thought ill do it!
I'm allmost finished with my entry. In a few days ill post some pictures.

Name of Entry "O'snap"

But still got a question, what the hell is an E-zine?

Greetings From Martin (M0iM0i)

Onikaigo

Vampire Lord
True Blood
May 17, 2008
Germany
Welcome to the family, MoiMoi!

Umm...your Zombie isn't showing. And is it just me, or did that sound dirty?

An E-zine is a web based magazine. E-zine = Electronic magazine. A Fan made compilation of whatever, about whatever, and circulated in a PDF format. :D Typically. I might be wrong though, I'm dehydrated and tired.

But, welcome to the forum! Feel free to browse around the forum for anything your black little heart might desire. And between Myself, DoN, and others...well, we've done just about everything. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu