• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Malochai

Staff member
True Blood
Aug 4, 2010
England
Oh, a homage to the Witcher :') Love the 2nd one, I have to say, even though I can't kill the dragon at the end ...

Sweeney Todd

Master Vampire
True Blood
Mar 9, 2008
Singapore
Malochai said:
Oh, a homage to the Witcher :') Love the 2nd one, I have to say, even though I can't kill the dragon at the end ...

Yeah, I got hooked from the first Witcher game and made a Warhammer version of him for TVC1.

PS: No idea why you can't kill the dragon; I guess you must have jacked the difficulty to the maximum setting or something. Beating the beastie is just a matter of timing and judicious usage of Quen, but I think the same can be said for the whole damn game.

PPS: If and when you do beat the dragon, you'll be presented with the choice to kill it or not. If you don't kill it, there'll be a little surprise(and not a bad one)

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008
Yeah bring him back.

I think I am going to have to do a recheck of everything. Where I disappeared for a while, rushed to catch things up somethings seemed to have got missed. It may involve some amendments to the bios.

I also think that taking some of the things from the feedback thread and turning it into an instruction stickie will help, especially for new players.

Sweeney Todd

Master Vampire
True Blood
Mar 9, 2008
Singapore
goulking88 said:
um DoN could Rowhine or somebody come break up Graveclaw and Miky before we kill each other

Maybe you could post a flashback to how the brawl actually played out and what happened after that, since the thread is now locked.

Ghouly

Liche
True Blood
Jan 15, 2008
Prince George
if the fight carries out naturaly only one monster is going to crawl away from this mash Graveclaw isn't big on mercy to monsters and Miky is a frenzied werewolf I was going to spill it into a suplumet thread

Get of W'soran

CN's Lord of Masks
True Blood
Apr 23, 2008
Behind the Throne
Harland said:
DoN, I can't find a bio for Anya... and yet it seems she isn't simply going to be an NPC?

Oh yea I never noticed that, it's a good point as she's going to be a main character. Although technically she and Rowhaine or sorta GM NPCs in the sense as they steer the story.

Until DoN gets around to it the only things I think we know of her are:
-Realitively Young Mortal Princess
-Skilled with Magic (although this is proabably mostly the holy incantations of her people).
-Blessed by Neru (Minor goddess of the moon and wife of Ptra)
-I don't think she's a skilled warrior but could be wrong.

That's about it right? Mind you it could all be wrong xD

Yikes, I need to do some editing on one of the Twin's Brides. She's far too powerful the way it's written now.

On another note, I figured magic wasn't limited to those spells, but wasn't clear on the degree of creativity allowed. It will be much more fun to use now, and I'll need to edit things accordingly.

I also guess I didn't understand what counted as actual combat and what didn't, so I won't manhandle anyone's characters anymore. It was honestly just me keeping the flow of the argument and the mood going.

Harland, Archivist, if Faust wanted to go to Altdorf, I can definitely see the Twins being in a huff about their castle being rejected by the others and not wanting to carry them all the way, so we could do a supplemental where they do that because they like Roland's appreciation of their tastes. Plus, now that they know they aren't the only ones with a giant flying castle, they'll want theirs to be the best, and where better to introduce their plans for it than a supplemental chapter to Altdorf with poor Faust and Roland along for the ride.

Everyone else, if the Twins aren't going to Altdorf, their offer to fly everyone else up North on their backs/in their talons as giant bats still stands. It is, after all, more effective than running, even in their wolf forms.

Get of W'soran

CN's Lord of Masks
True Blood
Apr 23, 2008
Behind the Throne
Nekhlior will be perfectly capable of opening a "Portal" like the one V'azrin used in TVC.
It's basically a path in a "temporary" realm between the worlds of the living and spirits.

It is extremely dangerous without powerful mage or two to protect everyone from the lost demon-like undead that roam in the darkness of that demension.

V'azrin used it to transport Lesa and Milosh.

Anyway if everyone who's going to the wastes thinks its an alright way I'll do that, otherwise I'll go with whatever everyone else thinks XD

Edit bring back Geralt!

Kavok

Wight King
Sep 23, 2012
So... About how much time is between the council meeting and the people meeting for traveling to the silver pinnacle? Cause Kavok is probably going to need a nap soon... Though he could likely fall asleep on his horse...

Harland

The Colonel
True Blood
Feb 23, 2010
Right Behind you...
Sweeney Todd said:
I didn't get a chance to continue Kenshiro's conversation with Roland as well, so I suppose we could do that in a supplemental
Brilliant idea! I assume that after Rowhaine had declared his plans, Roland would approach Kenshiro, or visa-versa (perhaps more likely as when they last spoke, Roland asked Kenshiro a couple of questions). However, you will have to instruct me on the procedure, as I am still new to this - from what I can see, one of us creates a thread in the supplemental archive titled something like 'chapter 3.9'.

Count Krieger von Blutstein said:
Harland, Archivist, if Faust wanted to go to Altdorf, I can definitely see the Twins being in a huff about their castle being rejected by the others and not wanting to carry them all the way, so we could do a supplemental where they do that because they like Roland's appreciation of their tastes. Plus, now that they know they aren't the only ones with a giant flying castle, they'll want theirs to be the best, and where better to introduce their plans for it than a supplemental chapter to Altdorf with poor Faust and Roland along for the ride.
I will discuss with Archy about when we want to go, but at the moment I think this would best be placed after we have visited Nehekara, and then we travel to Altdorf instead of back to Drakenhof - is this something like what you have in mind?

Sweeney Todd

Master Vampire
True Blood
Mar 9, 2008
Singapore
Harland said:
Sweeney Todd said:
I didn't get a chance to continue Kenshiro's conversation with Roland as well, so I suppose we could do that in a supplemental
Brilliant idea! I assume that after Rowhaine had declared his plans, Roland would approach Kenshiro, or visa-versa (perhaps more likely as when they last spoke, Roland asked Kenshiro a couple of questions). However, you will have to instruct me on the procedure, as I am still new to this - from what I can see, one of us creates a thread in the supplemental archive titled something like 'chapter 3.9'.

That's pretty much it. But what I don't understand is the numbering system.

Harland

The Colonel
True Blood
Feb 23, 2010
Right Behind you...
Sweeney Todd said:
That's pretty much it. But what I don't understand is the numbering system.

I believe it's simply the number of the chapter during which it happens plus some generic fraction approximating at which point it is. So ours would probably be something like 3.9, as it's right at the very end of chapter 3, but definitely doesn't fit in chapter 4.

So, will you start, or shall I?

Malochai

Staff member
True Blood
Aug 4, 2010
England
Yeah, the number before the decimal dictates which chapter the Supplement relates to, whilst the number after approximates how far through the chapter the supplement occurs. Like Harland says, yours is at the very end of the chapter, and thus a .9 seems about right :)

Count michael

The Undead Sparky
May 17, 2010
Timaru
Hey Ghoulking88 if we do a supplement we should do it that as Graveclaw and Mikhail fight each other they slowly get closer and closer to Drakenhof where someone stops us or we get attacked by something (skaven or beastmen etc) and they fight together, just as I would really like it that Mikhail isn't killed so early on in the TVC2.

You might as well start the Supplement as you would start it better.

Count Darvaleth

I <3 marmite
True Blood
Apr 26, 2010
Simon von Carstein said:
Darvy - Do you have permission from Gree for your new character to be a scion of Mircea?

As Gree hasn't been seen, unfortunately, for quite a while, I asked DoN for his permission. know it would be much more ideal to ask Gree, but in his absence there's not much we can do!

Get of W said:
Until DoN gets around to it the only things I think we know of her are:
-Realitively Young Mortal Princess
-Skilled with Magic (although this is proabably mostly the holy incantations of her people).
-Blessed by Neru (Minor goddess of the moon and wife of Ptra)
-I don't think she's a skilled warrior but could be wrong.

Get... you forgot the main "feature"! :perv:

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008
Just to note, characters should not be wondering off anywhere without prior agreement. Some have mentioned about going to Altdorf. This may happen down the line, but the only two things going on at the moment is going to the wastes (which I will start in a mo) and the Silver Pinnacle.

Sorry about closing the thread a bit earlier, but I did warn that plot progression would be happening soon. For future reference, when that is said you need to arrange things so the plot can progress without needing loads of supplements to wrap things up.

I will be posting up Anya's bio. For the time being, a summary is:

Ushabti - Chosen of Neru
Her gifts and magic are very much geared towards protection, dispelling, hiding, so defensive. Though some of her spells are quite potent against undead / chaos.
As a princess of Raestra she has been trained as a warrior, and is skilled with the rods she carries (need a cool name xd). They are enchanted so upon impact they discharge, like a thunder hammer from 40K.

Like I said, full bio will be posted.

Malochai

Staff member
True Blood
Aug 4, 2010
England
I was wondering what would be happening to us not going to Silver Pinnacle :D

Me and Get are working on a way to streamline our supplement at the moment; just waiting on a PM back from him.

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008
GoW, if Nehklior is going to lead the transportation ritual (likely with assistance from Carstein necros?), do you want to write the next post detailing the arcane markings etc prepared in the main hall?

Malochai

Staff member
True Blood
Aug 4, 2010
England
Great, now to keep up with two threads rather than the one. Can't believe I get the feeling I'm going to get confused ...

Mello

Hasn't left TVC for the rest of the forum
True Blood
Oct 26, 2010
Peterborough
I thought it'd be better to have Alastor and Marie in supplement form because it's completely different to the rest of the chapter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu