• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008
I am very pleased to announce the winners for this years Golden Bat Competition. All who entered did fantastic, and well over 200 votes for both categories were cast.

So without further ado, here are your winners:

Painting

First Place: Bigcannon - Wight King

bigcannon1.jpg

bigcannon2.jpg

bigcannon3.jpg

Second Place: Soul Seeker – Necromancer

soul_seeker1.jpg

soul_seeker2.jpg

soul_seeker3.jpg

Third Place: Darkthroner - Vampire Lord

darkthroner1.jpg

darkthroner2.jpg

darkthroner3.jpg

Converting

First Place: Zhatan- Zombie Ogre

zhatan1.jpg

zhatan2.jpg

zhatan3.jpg

Second Place: Desfer – Spirit Host

desfer1.jpg

desfer2.jpg

desfer3.jpg

Third Place: Silenti79 – Zombie Dragon

silenti79_1.jpg

silenti79_2.jpg

silenti79_3.jpg

Fantastic work! Over the next few days I will be in touch with the winners, issue out medals etc. That will also include issuing zombie points to the winners.

Finally, keep your eyes peeled as over the next week we will be revealing the all new design for next year's GB. With more chances at awards, and more ways to enter it means everyone whether they are master painters or not have a chance at winning.

Cheers

Disciple of Nagash

Tim

Grave Guard
Aug 7, 2011
Rotterdam
They where all fantastic entries, so hope everyone will try again for next one.
I do have one thing that would be awesome if forum software would allow to vote a personal top 3 because there are a lot of good entries. It gives a more spread out vote, or a closed vote so you don't auto vote for a winner because influence you get to vote for winner or underdog, if you what I mean.

Count Darvaleth

I <3 marmite
True Blood
Apr 26, 2010
Good to see both candidates I voted for made it into the top three in their categories; means I'm not getting senile/out of touch with P&M! xD

Congratulations all. A well deserved victory.

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008
Just to let the winners know I now have the voucher codes for them, and I will be PM'ing them now.

To everyone else who entered, yes over the next week you will be given your 10 Zombie Points.

desfer

Necromancer
Jun 13, 2010
Attiki, Atthens
Thanks for the voucher code DoN, it seems i am having a problem with the order. I use the code and the discount is applied normally, but when i click the Purchase button it won't load. Maybe have to wait and try again later.

untitled_musketeer

Vampire Count
True Blood
Aug 9, 2010
Huddersfield
Splendid entries all round. This has been by far the best GB to date in terms of quality (I know this because I have gone on a hunt to find the previous GB threads :lol: ).

Well done to everyone!

u_m

Seneschal

Liche
True Blood
May 15, 2008
Congratulations to the winners!
To everyone else that participated, even though you didn't win, by taking part in this contest you permitted us a glimpse of your own creativeness, so thank you! The GB wouldn't have been as good without all of you posting!

Zhatan

Varghulf
Feb 6, 2011
Sweden
Once again great job everyone and grats to all the winners. This was my first Golden Bat competition so I don't know how good the standard usually is but I'm really impressed by the quality of the entries. Hope to see everyone enter another model next year.

Abomination

Zombie
May 7, 2011
whew...... nice winners. I reallz reallz do like the paintjob done on the necromancers face!!
mz converting favourite is the spirit hosts/base.!!!!
congrats everyone who won!

Pil

Ghoul
Jan 24, 2011
Congratulations to the winners! I couldn't resist Bigcannons Wight King either and voted for him as well, he's so damn impressive and really reminds me of a Mark Gibbons painting, I love it! THe other two were equally impressive so choosing was hard 8)

My personal favourite for the conversion category, the dreg, didn't make it to the top 3 but I do love these winners. A lot of work and ingenuity went into the winners' conversions!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu