• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

timwes01

Zombie
May 31, 2023
Hi!

I just want to rant a little about the GG. They are soooo fun!

I charge a block of 20 of them into 6 Annihilators and 1 Stormdrake Guard, 6 of them was in range of the Annihilators and 8 was in range of the dragon. The dragon melted and 3 Annihilators died. That is insane!

So I started thinking “how mutch damage can they do?” So, I did some statshammering and here is what I found:

WARNING! This is a pure rant! And also, purely theoretical, I also reserv the right to have miss read a rule or that my math is of.

1 unit of 20 grave guards with great weapons. Ofc I will assume all are in range.

We bring them as Vyrkos, because we have some nice buffing heroes there and some really good items and command traits.

We give them +1 to hit from “all out attack”

We will give them +1 attack from a vampire lords “crimson feast”.

They will get exploding 6’s from Belladama’s “under a killing moon” or a wight king’s “lord of shambling bones”
We can have Radukar the beast charge with them to give them one more attack from “call to the hunt”

Statshammer tells us that that against a 4+ save this will do 71.25 dmg on average…. That is a lot of damage!!!

We could add a Necromancer the get them to fight again in the hero phase, If whatever just took 71 damage is still alive, and have them do another 28.85 dmg.

That is almost 100 damage! For a 280p unit that is pretty good! And yes we have 815p buffing them but still!

Let’s say we bring a whight king general so we can bring 30! And yes it will be hard to get 30 into combat but this is all theoretical! We could up all this by 50% and do an insane 150 damage in a player turn!!!

And ofc for mobility we give Radukar “Driven by deathstench” to re-roll charges and for survivability we give him “Ulferkarni phyle-whatever”, so our GG will have a 5+ save and a 5++ ward, re-rolling 1’s. That is hardly a glass canon!

I am in love!!!!! <3 <3 <3

Have I missed any buffs I could add for even more damage?

The Sun King

Staff member
True Blood
Aug 22, 2012
Copenhagen
I love your enthusiasm! Yes they hit like a ton of bricks but their mobility is a huge issue, at least for me as I am not a gambling man :)

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu