• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

Gunhearts OOC Thread - Not valid - Old Gunhearts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghouly

Liche
True Blood
RE: Gunhearts OOC Thread

I don't think you understand how a Genestealer infestation works its not like theres suddenly thousands of genestealers running rampert in the underhive. how it works is 1 to 6 Genestealers jumping off a ship and getting loose in the underhive, then they start taking people, so they can stick their filthy little probes into people so they can infect them with their genetic material so then the poor sops wake up the next morning with one hell of a hang over and Tyranid herpes next thing you know their super horny and wanna have kids so they go hook up and pop out a retarded half genestealer freak who so dumb he doesn't even know how to work a knife they usualy have four or three arms, they go out and pop out a kid whos about as smart as a Caveman they know how to work melee weapons other then that their still stupid, next they go out and have really ugly looking kids who can pass as human if they were a disgise or stay in the Dark they can work tech, while they go out and have kids who can pass as human execpt that their bald and their heads are kind of bulgy also they don't blink enough and they got little fangs and claws some of them are psycic, while when they have kids one of them is going to be a full fledged Genestealer.

suffice to Say Genestealers are creepy they are litterly the one thing that scares me in 40k cuse they rape you

Disciple of Nagash

The Perverted One
Staff member

Actually having collect nids waaaay back in the 3rd edition I do know how nids work. It's just that to start off with the most of us want it small, to get things going.

Then we have something for the story to grow into in the future

Yes that is strangely scary... I never realised how much genestealers and DoN are similar. But I thought genies did their stuff so fast they ended up in their thousands. I think it could be an interesting primary story, with the genies slowly doing their thing while our gang's busy building itself up, then later the genies can start causing us problems to the point where we are facing an army of badass mother fudgers xD

Ghouly

Liche
True Blood

yep he's the DoNstealer, aww idea.

story

the Govener of the Planet is infact the Genestealer Magus and all the other Gang leaders are Brood Brothers the PC gang is the only Gang not under his control so he wants them wiped out and as Planetary Govener he is in charge of everything.

also I think for melee weapons only power swords and chain swords should cost money

Knightofni

Varghulf
True Blood

Sorry people, I've had a bit of a shit week and most of my attentions have been elsewhere...

I've got armouries done and skillsets about 90% done; I'll post up a Bio Template and the Armoury later on.

I'm happy to just free-form everything at the moment and just see how it goes... if it works well then I might just leave it as it is.

On another note, DoN would it be best to start with a fresh sub-forum to avoid getting cluttered up and confusing or should I leave that as well.

Guess who's back, back again, the wolf is back for the win!

Yeah I know I've been away for quite a while guys and I am very sorry I had some....personal issues.
The ganger idea sounds awesome, and if you guys can trust me I'm in....where'd I leave that heavy stubber.

Sanai

Stylish Deviant
True Blood

Goulking, no offense but that storyline = gang dead within the day in reality.

Heres some plot elements we should have in the early stages of the rp-
Gang conflicts/intrigues (Making sure to include reasons/incidents/history for the gangs to be fighting)
Arbites- Gang conflict
Corruption of authorities/bribery
Misunderstandings (which often cause inter-gang warfare)
Imperial Recruitment (IG Regiments sometimes recruit from hive gangs, so there would probably be recruitment drives for the gangs to dodge/resist)
Turf Wars
Drug Peddling
Grudges/blood feuds

and much later, things like
Xenos threat (whether the gangs resist, join or try to take advantage of this would be up to the gang/s themselves)
Inquisitors
Chaos
etc.

Sanai

Stylish Deviant
True Blood

I am interested as long as the story is realistic and isnt just gangers killing aliens.

Ghouly

Liche
True Blood

I'm down for it as long as we don't spend too much time on Gang/Gang fights its not a Necromunda rp Its a 40k one

Count Darvaleth

I <3 marmite
True Blood

I've seen lots of "I'll join* but no seeming recruitment thread. Yet there are four chapters done? Maybe I'm resurrecting a really dead thread, but hey I'm a necromancer. Sue me.

What's going on? Cause this seems fun, to me anyways. But if it goes all xenos invasion apocalypse from the word "go" I'll have to pass. Gang life sounds cool. Battlefield death doesn't.

I agree with Darvaleth on this one... Twice have 'Gunhearts' been about warfare, battles and clearly defined allies and enemies. Both times that didn't work out so good.

I'd like to try with something a bit more... complicated. Ambiguous allies, enemies in several different variations except just the kind you shoot at, situations demanding a sharp wit and quick feet rather than a big gun. Let's go against the law, stick it to the Man and get in a bar fight!

First soldier, then holy warriors. Now... let's be scum!

Disciple of Nagash

The Perverted One
Staff member

Yeah I'm still in as well. I have a pretty clear idea of what I would like though, to start off as a small gang, gang warefare, then starting to realise something is going on in the hive, things get bigger etc.

Basically spend some time building up to the big stuff.

Sanai

Stylish Deviant
True Blood

Also, the gang doesnt have to neccesarily "save the day" or even kill anyone important. Survival could be a pretty major achievement.

Disciple of Nagash

The Perverted One
Staff member

I agree. I have spoken to Knightofni and he has been busy with RL recently though he says hopefully he will be back more when schools start.

However I don't know if he still wants / can manage this.

Sanai

Stylish Deviant
True Blood

.... Would actually like to make a start on this, am getting excited about the idea. So, whos in, and who can do what?
Can we at least start sketching out some details about the setting, the gang, local characters, etc?
I would be willing to participate in doing that stuff.

Disciple of Nagash

The Perverted One
Staff member

OK I know many players have been waiting to give this a go. I will take this on and hopefully have the time to manage it. If I start struggling I'll let you all know.

In regards to how it is going to work / background etc, I will post something up shortly. Until then please hold off posting bios etc, as it may change once you have seen the background.

Finally you all may want to note that I do not have as much knowledge in 40K as I do in Fantasy, so if I do post something is wrong feel free to point it out. xD

Anilar

Wight King

Just on a side note, maybe change the description text of gunhearts on the index page a bit, dont believe we are an imperial deathwatch killteam.

Status
Not open for further replies.