GW / Mantic / Titan Forge

  • The masquerade of murder returns! A new game of Vampires Amongst Us has begun. Unmask the killers, trust no one, and try to survive the night. Find out more and sign up now!
Jul 5, 2014
8
Zombies
7
Hey all, i've started building a Vampire count army and i've been browsing online looking for models, although i do have some general model questions;

Has anyone seen the Titan Forge flesh reapers? Any experiences? I was thinking of using them as Crypt Horrors

What are your thoughts on mantic products? I'm waiting for my zombies to arrive from them, but i was wandering about the skeletons, to me the models seem awesome but they do seem a little bit too elite to me.

GW vampires, all i can see online are female vampires, can anyone point me in the direction of male ones?
 
Theres Vlad, Manfred, Konrad, the Vampire Lord on Zombie Dragon (though its better to just use a terrorgheist and put the ZD lord on a horse).
 
Thanks for those suggestions, yes i did notice that the special Characters are viable, although i did try searching and searching to try and figure out if the Vampire Lord and ghoul King can from the kit can be used on the base provided. Anyone know?
 
The Ghoul King works on the base fine, the vamp lord however has the leg shape of a mounted vampire- some people have just glued him onto the base but it looks a bit funny (which is why I advise putting him on a horse or reposing the legs with gs)
 
Can you link to the Titan forge models? I don't think I have seen them before?

As for Mantic, I find they work perfectly for VC although their style can be different. So I would recommend for example, if you purchase your zombies from Mantic, don't mix in GW ones as well.

That's only for the same units though, your army will look fine with say GW Black Knights and Mantic Zombies.
 
I have Mantic zombies & Ghouls & imo they look just fine among my GW stuff, even my converted GW zombies look ok next to Mantic zombies, but I don´t use them in the same unit though, since they have different clothing styles.

I also intend to use Mantic´s werewolves as Crypt Horrors.
 
Those Flesh Reapers don't look like they are very poseable- its just a set of 3 bodies with 3 sets of hands, and the tombstone hands would probably only really work (At least aesthetically) on the body that is standing instead of running.

However, even if the non-tombstone hands only go with certain bodies, greenstuff is your friend.
 
For GW Vampires, there's also the one with the big wing, plus the mounted, chaos-y looking one from like 5th edition is apparently still in print and available. (Really, GW? I can't have the beautiful vampires from 6th ed any more, but I can still buy that guy?)
If you poke around on Ebay or some other places, you should be able to find the old 6th ed vampire models. There two or three different Blood Dragons and Von Carsteins, each in both mounted and on foot versions, and all male.
 
I think they would be perfect as Crypt Horrors, I really like the look of them. As others have said though, after the initial 3 you would need to get chopping and greenstuffing to make each model like a little unique. If you are comfortable with this, I would say go for it :thumbsup:
 
I don't have the Flesh Reapers, but I do have most of the Titan Forge undead orc and goblin range and find them very nice. Good sculpting and casting.
 
I just purchased mantic ghouls and for the most part like them. My only beef is some of there hands hav3 broken or missing fingers. Eh.. they probably ate themselves.
 

About us

  • Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu