Hardt von Carsteins army (NAGASH update)

  • The masquerade of murder returns! A new game of Vampires Amongst Us has begun. Unmask the killers, trust no one, and try to survive the night. Find out more and sign up now!
Hello!

I have a new update for you. I bring you the destroyer of the Warhammer world himself, Mannfred von Carstens.

ai57.tinypic.com_282eum0.webp


ai61.tinypic.com_287f9dd.webp


ai61.tinypic.com_152nblz.webp
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: Absyrtus
Thanks for the kind compliments. Here is a new update for you!

The grey spirit hosts from the group shot above are finally painted. I decided to try a speedy dryprush for a change and I had them painted in just over 2 hours.

I am undecided as to whether I should go buy a mortis engine next, painting the ghosts like these spirit hosts. Or try a group of blood knights, painting them in green armour like Mannfred above?

ai61.tinypic.com_30x8pyv.webp
 
  • Like
Reactions: Absyrtus
@Hardt von Carstein I see that your army is lacking something big, so a Mortis Engine would look great. I'd also love to see some green Blood Knights.

Nice work on those spirit hosts. I never get anything done in 2 hours :D

I'm wandering, how did you paint Mannfred's skin? I like the tones you've achieved.
 
@Farmer7574 Well I have been relaxing alot and this is the most "work" I have done this entire week so was easy to focus haha. Also I learned that if I come up with a plan before I paint and just stick to it rather than experiment things progress very quickly. About the skin, if I remember correctly I painted it using abbaddon black mixed with increasing amounts of screaming skull for each succesive highlight.
 
Last edited:
@Hardt von Carstein I get a similar scenario sometimes. I find it hard to go straight into detail and need something easy to kick off with (that's usually priming something by hand).

It seems like spirit hosts and other ethereal things can be used as a nice break for you and a quick way to get some nice looking minis on the board quickly. :thumbsup:

Cheers for the skin recipe.
 
Hi all!

After a really long time I have now finished the mortis engine! I got a little bored with it after a while and did not spend too much time on painting extra details. So no close ups of it...

But the bigger news are I also bought a cheap brand new realm of battle board (well was 150€ so not that cheap...)

After letting it rot in my basement for 3 months I was inspired by the new shattered dominion videos by GW, I painted a first test tile! Here is the result and also a complete army picture, well Mannfred and bone giant lost their hands (I ran out of super glue) but the rest of the army is still kicking!

I am unsure if I will paint any more undead models in a long time. I kinda got carried away with this realm of battle in a vibrant life theme and may paint some matching trees or a forest spirit army. Though I also have an idea of making half the table in life colors and the other side in death colors, with a much darker theme and make it so the darkness is slowly corrupting the life. We will see if I can manage that.

mortis.jpg

rob1.jpg
rob2.jpg
rob_army.jpg


Cheers!
 
  • Like
Reactions: Sessioni
Do you think we could get some close ups of the Mortis Engine? It looks nice in the picture but it'd be cool to see the details :)

The board looks very nice. Is all that grass made with paints? It looks so lifelike.

About making the board half and half. I think the idea sound pretty cool and if done right it could look awesome. The downside would be that it would severely limit the amount of configuration in which you could assemble the table. Something you might want to consider.
 
As always, it's nice to see a plog come back to life :) or unlife ;)

I looked through your plog and while the first page has crashed pictures, the rest of them are very nice! I like this green-purple scheme - it's cartoonish, but in a good sense of the word, electrifying and striking! Your bright etherals stand out nicely amongst them :)
 
Hello again! I finished the realm of battle board today!

Do you think we could get some close ups of the Mortis Engine? It looks nice in the picture but it'd be cool to see the details :)

The board looks very nice. Is all that grass made with paints? It looks so lifelike.

About making the board half and half. I think the idea sound pretty cool and if done right it could look awesome. The downside would be that it would severely limit the amount of configuration in which you could assemble the table. Something you might want to consider.

The grass was all made of painted sand and some tufts with a little sprinkle of static grass. I decided to go for a split board with the other half of the table in a death theme to make for some interesting contrast as I felt my vampires were not quite feeling at home in the grasslands. Here it is, I am actually a little proud of it if I may say so.















Oh and Here is a closer picture of the Mortis engine just for you @Borgnine!


I have no idea what to paint next, I have painted all I have so any suggestions what to buy? I am probably gonna buy some more undead I kinda feel more at home with them I realized after painting the death side of the table!

Cheers!
 
  • Like
Reactions: Absyrtus
That Mortis Engine is really cool! The darkness of the carriage amidst all the light ghosts :)

And that's indeed a weird thing you are talking about, not having anything to paint ;) I haven't seen any cavalry besides Mannfred in your pictures, maybe that? Nothing's cooler than some Black Knights! xD Especially that they are still sold with rectangular bases :)
 
I once made it a rule to never buy anything until what I had was painted. It makes me never feel overwhelmed with what I have unpainted but the downside is that the army list is made for gaming back when Varghulf and wraith were the best choices. Now that you mentioned it I am thinking about picking up a start collecting skeleton horde box and paint 5 black knights in the same way as my GG with purple clothing and dark bronze armor.
 
I really like how your army is going! Great paintjob in all the miniatures you show here. I specially like how you paint the ghosts, spirits in general. Keep up the good work!
 
You have an incredibly well painted army there, and those trees look excellent. I particular like the Mortis Engine though. Really great work :).
 
The battle board turned out really well. I didn't notice it before for some reason. I'm really glad that you opted for the split board look. That really does invoke the idea of the undead spreading darkness or changing the very ground that they walk on.
 

About us

  • Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu