Hardt von Carsteins army (NAGASH update)

  • The masquerade of murder returns! A new game of Vampires Amongst Us has begun. Unmask the killers, trust no one, and try to survive the night. Find out more and sign up now!
Well thank you guys!
The red is really rich and the bone-coloured elements compliment them well :) Try to turn the photo next time though, not everybody's neck is young and flexible xD
I have no idea why it is rotated wrongly on the picture on the website I uploaded it looks normal...

Anyways I have a big announcement I just won a HUGE unpainted army auction. Like I have models for years now. And they are all undead!!!1

I'll list it all below!

image.webp


1x tomb king
2x Liche priest (en som är hemma gjord)
1x Necrotec (hemma gjord)
42x skeleton archers
8x skeleton horse archers
3x skeleton chariots
1x casket of souls
2x screaming skull catapult(en som är hemma gjord)
3x Necropolis Knights
1x Khemrian warsphinx

Vampire counts:
1x 8:th edition army book plus spell cards
1x Mannfred
1x Mannfred the acolyte
1x Necromancer
35x skeleton warriors
10x Black knights
6x Spirit host
73x zombisar
6x vargheist

Nagash:
1x army book
1x Nagash
1x Arkhan the black on mount
2x Morghast archai

This is so huge and I feel really excited to combine forces with some mummies and expand my collection.

I am also considering switching my color scheme up a little bit. I am thinking of scrapping the bright look I have now. Instead I go for grey bases to go with my battleboard like the one my Khorne hero has. But also make the army a little darker maybe go for a dark grey and red look classic style? Or keep the purple-green theme but with more dark bronze metal with some verdigris and mute the colors a lot more. I just want a slightly more realistic look I think...

Well I am curious as to what you guys think?

Cheers
 
Wow, that's a big haul! Congratulations!

I think you should paint up a sample model with your new idea for a colour scheme before you decide on anything else. That way you can have the two side by side, that should help you out.
 
That's an excellent haul, congratulations :)! In particular, you've got plenty of Zombies to add expendable forces to your army, either through magic or by being present in the army, so that could be handy.

If you're looking to use a more classic style with red, I'd recommend avoiding grey and going full out for the red/black combination. Grey just loses itself when paired with red in my opinion, whereas black provides that starker contrast.
 
Hi again!

I just finished the first miniature of the great haul. Arkhan the Black!


2rmtcwg.jpg


287lyiu.jpg


2bcxft.jpg

Here are some pictures of him. Sadly the reins had snapped when he was shipped and he had a far to heavy spray undercoat. But I made due with what I had!

Also I think I have decided to keep the current color scheme. There is some merit to keep a force this large looking unified I think.
 
Hello again!

I just won yet another auction and this time it was like 100 unopened paints and some brushes!

xe4rpc.jpg


I now have a lot more to work with. I used to paint everything using an old worn out starter brush and a large drybrush. With just 30 colors.

Now I have so much more. I have decided to paint Nagash himself next using the GW YouTube guide, as I suddenly find that I have everything needed to follow it and he is painted in green and purple which should match my army perfectly!


Also some techniques showed there are at a higher level than I usually paint in so I am really trying to step up my game next. Plus Nagash is probably the greatest centerpiece of an undead collection and I really want to take it slow and do a great job this time!
 
Wow, great hauls - congratulations and happy painting all of those!!

Arkhan looks fantastic. I love the nice, clean purples and the bone effects in particular. The staff headpiece looks a little dark to me, but perhaps that's a trick of the light in the photo. A fantastic model, he'll be sure to look excellent sitting at Nagash's right hand once you finish the God of Death. Look forward to seeing him!!
 
Alright Nagash is finally finished!

This model was a huge project and took me really a long time to complete. I almost gave up several times. The previous owner had given him a way too thick undercoat and ruined some armor areas with even thicker layers of gold but I worked with what I had and here is the result. Almost all of the model was painted with Duncan's guide but sometimes e of the green areas I changed to make him fit into army a little bit more. I am particularly happy with how the robe and spirits turned out. I may consider reusing that recipe for some areas of the units I am painting next (whatever that will be).

i755bs.jpg


67tdn8.jpg


2mwa2iu.jpg


10gmyjr.jpg


lcg8h.jpg

5b9r9d.jpg

14j9esg.jpg
 
Last edited:
You've painted Nagash superbly. The work on the staff, sword, and robe stands out for me in particular. Your perseverance has definitely been rewarded.
 
Super awesome Nagash up there! I really like how contrastive the spirts are - and the gradient between them and the robe is also very nice. And those little various materials on the base - that's also a very cool accent! Those pools could be bigger, but they work very well as they are right now too :thumbsup: That reddish tone on the scabbard also draws the eye nicely, great work :)
 

About us

  • Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu