Heinrich Just Got Better!

  • The masquerade of murder returns! A new game of Vampires Amongst Us has begun. Unmask the killers, trust no one, and try to survive the night. Find out more and sign up now!

GhoulKing505

Grave Guard
Mar 21, 2011
211
Zombies
169
So I was thinking about new list ideas and I thought about my double necro list (MN with necro). Heinrich Kemmler caught my eye. He's a loremaster so you can double up on spells. I thought about combining him with a lvl 4 Master Necomancer with the black periapt. I was thinking a total magic domination list. Then I realized something... I was at work and was dying waiting till I could get home to check this out but when I saw it I nearly started dancing.

Heinrich Kemmler has the Master of the Dead special rule.

That's it! He has it. What's more is that my Master Necro can take it too. Now I'm possibly raising 20 skeletons per unit per turn. Think about it. If I start with two units I can raise up to 40 a turn. And then if I summon a new unit with Raise Dead...

You get my point. I also like how I could possibly have two Curse of Years cast on one unit. That combined with Kemmler's +1 to dispel means your opponent will be hard pressed to do anything in his magic phase. Either that or watch his unit age and crumble to dust.

What do you guys think about putting this into play? Is it a good tactic? I generally hate skeletons (hence my name) but I may have finally found a place for them.
 
p.85 in the army book, there's a note under Kemmler's entry "If HK is taken in your army, no other Necromancer or Master Necromancer, can be given the Master of the Dead upgrade." So no, you can't have two Masters of the Dead, only ever one.
 
NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

WHY? WHY GAMESWORKSHOP WHY?

Oh well. Guess that saves me from having to buy more skeletons.

Seriously though, you don't know how disappointed reading that just made me. I was finally, for the very first time, excited to use skeletons.
 
Skeletons can be pretty good, 5+/6++ means they've got better survivability than zombies, and 1 better weaponskill as well, although that in itself doesn't mean much. Where they shine is in their ability to take magic standards. Screaming Banner suddenly makes a unit of Skeletons a lot more scary for standard rank and file to go up against. But each to their own.
 
Personally I think they got master of the dead all wrong. I think necromancers should all have it for free and it should be a 10pt vampire power any vampire can take. If that's too much, let necromancers and vampires can both but it for10pts each. Either way, any number in army to. That make skeleton armies much more fluffy and interesting.
 
MotD on Necros as a natural rule definitely agree on that. It gives the decision between Vampire and Necro a much more tactical weight to it rather than "this ones way cheaper woot!"
 
I just can't get past the WS2 I2. I mean they only hit elites on a 5+ and even if your opponent fails his fear test he still hits you on a 4s. I2 sucks because it's soooo slow. They are slower than humans. I just can't ever seem to pick them over zombies. That's my problem. They do the same job but you can have a heck of a lot more zombies. Plus I'm still nostalgic for 7th edition ghouls... ;)
 
Last edited:
I just can't get past the WS2 I2. I mean they only hit elites on a 5+ and even if your opponent fails his fear test he still hits you on a 4s. I2 sucks because it's soooo slow. They are slower than humans. I just can't ever seem to pick them over zombies. That's my problem. They do the same job but you can have a heck of a lot more zombies. Plus I'm still nostalgic for 7th edition ghouls... ;)
Zombies are a pure tarpit with its power tied directly to your ability to cast invocation of nehek. You have to keep them fueled or their crumble will over take them. Zombies have no champion either, so you need to add a wraith or wight king to keep any blenders in there safe from challenges.

With skeletons, they give up less combat result since they have armor and parry saves. This also make them less reliant on invocations. With champions, they have built in challenge protection, letting you focus your characters on blenders and spell casting.

Both are viable in their own ways. Skeletons are not taken for dealing damage, but for more combat stability.
 
That's true. That would definitely make me want to use them. I just haven't gotten around to buying The End Times book yet or the Tomb Kings army book. I pobably will eventually. Right now I'm saving for a laptop and college. After the laptop though I'll probably work on saving for the Tomb Kings army book and then get The End Times book after that.

GW really knows how to get money out of people. Hahaha.
 

About us

  • Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu