• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

mr. dude

Zombie
Aug 10, 2013
Good evening, dear undead Lords and Ladies! I've decided to join this forum after a few hours of cruising and realizing that it's an incredible resource (so kudos for being so helpful already!)

I've been involved with the hobby for about 10 years now, predominantly as a LotR player, though I've been meaning to start WHFB for a long time. Originally (even before starting LotR), I was interested in Tomb Kings, and I always thought that they would be my main army. Then, after about 5 years of being an avid Orc player in LotR, I bought the beginnings of an Orcs and Goblins army, but I was never drawn to playing them. So my thoughts went back to Tomb Kings, until very recently when I thought about the little I know of the whole game in general, and that Tomb Kings don't like combat. Being a very combat-oriented guy, that's kind of a turn-off for me. I like magic, but I also love being in combat and I don't really have any interest in winning the game at range. So my thoughts drifted to the other undead army, the one I always found interesting but was afraid to look at because Tomb Kings might get mad at me and accuse me of cheating on them. So the first time I did look at the Vampire Counts, I realized that I was totally looking at the wrong armies before, it literally only took me one night of going over the army to fall in love with it, this is exactly what I want to be playing. Lots of magic, big combat characters, very horde-ish, enough diversity to play in any way I want, I really like it.

I may not be very active right away, it'll take a lot of time for me to build up an army, get used to the game, and in general have anything worth posting, but I like the site enough that I do intend to use it as a regular resource.

So again, hello, and really, thank you for being such a good site!

Seneschal

Liche
True Blood
May 15, 2008
Hello and welcome to Carpe Noctem!

It's great to have you! Feel free to ask whatever questions you may have!

I recently parted with my TK's as I did like their playstyle either. You've come to the right place needless to say. :tongue:

See you on the forums!

Master Vampire

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Jul 12, 2007
The Netherlands
Hi mr dude and welcome to the forums! The VC are of course the better cousins of the two. You made the right decision. :konrad:

You can find some uploaded articles under the 'Article' section in the head bar on top of the site. You'll also find the Invocation there, a webzine of CN.

If you have any stories coming up or already written, I'll be happy to read it in the writing forums. :)

Cheers and see you around,
- MV

mr. dude

Zombie
Aug 10, 2013
Thanks for the welcome!

Okay, next question, where is an appropriate place to post the standard newbie "What models should I get" thread? It sounds like an army builder question, but it's not that easy because the main thing I need guidance with is how to choose the models that will fit my way of playing. Is that more of a question for this thread then?

Master Vampire

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Jul 12, 2007
The Netherlands
I think the best place for this is the Tactics forum, if you are building an army afresh and need tips for a competitive/original army. However, if you have parts of your army list going, it is also suitable for the Army Lists forum (and ask for tips to fill out the rest).

By the way, the WFO forums have some great battles that have taken place on here. You can see how our very own generals hold their own against other armies, and gives you a clue how certain units are behaving and being used on the field.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu