• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

bigbadbat

Harbinger of Dandelions
True Blood
Jun 14, 2012
Minneapolis, MN area
Howdy gents!
Picked up a decent amount of Chaos stuff at my LGC used for a great bargain.
I have...
Warshrine
18 AHW Warriors
10 Halberd Warriors
5 knights
5 Hellstriders
10 chaos hounds
I don't want a super competitive list, just something fun to dig out now and then.
What to add to get to 2400?
Remember...FUN! To play and play against.

bigbadbat

Harbinger of Dandelions
True Blood
Jun 14, 2012
Minneapolis, MN area
I did just pick up 2 DP kits utilizing some gift cards I got to a local GW store for Christmas. Thinking some version of the Johnny Crass Baby Maker.

Seneschal

Liche
True Blood
May 15, 2008
Fun and not competitive?

-Warrior blocks with Mark of Slaanesh. No chariots.
-No DP
-two of the mutaliths or the other monster that is subpar

bigbadbat

Harbinger of Dandelions
True Blood
Jun 14, 2012
Minneapolis, MN area
Sen- I said not "super competitive".
I am really thinking of multiple units of foot slogging warriors. Maybe even some knights, I think they can fill a role. Definitely no MVB's or Slaughterpukes.
I will prob run DP of Slaanesh or a Sorcerer lord of Slaanesh. Random movement is a footsloggers best friend.

The Sun King

Staff member
True Blood
Aug 22, 2012
Copenhagen
Are you aiming for a Slaanesh list? In that case you could take some inspiration from my own Slaanesh WoC list:

LORD
Daemon Prince: Slaanesh, Level 4 Slaanesh, Chaos Armor, Flight, Scaled Skin, Flaming Breath, Soul Feeder, Earthing Rod

HERO
Exalted: BSB, Slaanesh, Great Weapon, Scaled Skin, Talisman of Preservation

CORE
Chariot: Slaanesh
8 Warhounds

SPECIAL
24 Chosen: FC, Slaanesh, Banner of Swiftness
Chimera: Flaming Breath, Regen, Poison Attacks

Bullhax

Vampire Count
True Blood
Sep 12, 2011
The Sun King said:
Are you aiming for a Slaanesh list? In that case you could take some inspiration from my own Slaanesh WoC list:

LORD
Daemon Prince: Slaanesh, Level 4 Slaanesh, Chaos Armor, Flight, Scaled Skin, Flaming Breath, Soul Feeder, Earthing Rod

HERO
Exalted: BSB, Slaanesh, Great Weapon, Scaled Skin, Talisman of Preservation

CORE
8 Warhounds

SPECIAL
24 Chosen: FC, Slaanesh, Banner of Swiftness

I still get facial tics every time I see that list.. Uff..

bigbadbat

Harbinger of Dandelions
True Blood
Jun 14, 2012
Minneapolis, MN area
Sunny, while that is a very hard list, im trying to avoid chariot core.
I'd really like to use warriors, I think they got left behind in the monster mash chariot build.
I do love lore of Slaanesh, though.

Bullhax

Vampire Count
True Blood
Sep 12, 2011
MSU warrior core, maybe two or three units of 5 knights. Keep sunnys chimeras, DP and exalted hero as is or mount him and throw him in with a knight group. Use your hellstriders to kill chaff and get the bonuses.

This will use most of what you've got, fits the theme and is not overly competitive.

Johnny-Crass

Vampire Ancient
True Blood
Jan 25, 2012
California
Love yah Sunny but your prince build sucks
Daemon Prince: Scaled Skin; Chaos Familiar; Soul Feeder; Allure of Slaanesh; Charmed Shield; Dragon Bane Gem; Level 4 Wizard; Lore of Slaanesh; Chaos armour; Daemonic Flight; Daemon of Slaanesh. 520

Bullhax

Vampire Count
True Blood
Sep 12, 2011
Johnny-Crass said:
Love yah Sunny but your prince build sucks
Daemon Prince: Scaled Skin; Chaos Familiar; Soul Feeder; Allure of Slaanesh; Charmed Shield; Dragon Bane Gem; Level 4 Wizard; Lore of Slaanesh; Chaos armour; Daemonic Flight; Daemon of Slaanesh. 520

[video=youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=NV4xo_rF-oo[/video]

Mr. West

Lahmian Tomb Guard
Mar 26, 2013
On top of that, the list is illegal since it contains 2x Scaled Skin which is one per army list.

Bullhax

Vampire Count
True Blood
Sep 12, 2011
Mr. West said:
On top of that, the list is illegal since it contains 2x Scaled Skin which is one per army list.

You are correct good sir, just assumed they followed the same rules as our vampiric powers, which they don't , only once per army.

The Sun King

Staff member
True Blood
Aug 22, 2012
Copenhagen
@BBB: Sure, as I said you could use it for inspiration :) I love Warriors myself, but also chariots so that is why I brought Chosen :D But you could easily make the same type of list without chariot core.

@Bull: Glad you hate it, you might have to face it one day :P (I said it before and I say it again: COME TO COPENHAGEN!)

@Johnny: Love you too buddy, but could you elaborate a bit on why it 'sucks'?

@Mr. West: Good catch Mr. West! Hmm... I'll have to drop Scaled on the BSB then... what a shame, I liked that build.

Mr. West

Lahmian Tomb Guard
Mar 26, 2013
Stick with a cheap Enchanted Shield or Charmed Shield (if you want that one-shot cannon protection)on the Slaaneshy Prince, so you can keep your BSB build. :thumbsup:

Johnny-Crass

Vampire Ancient
True Blood
Jan 25, 2012
California
Daemon prince does not care about miscasts besides loosing levels though. The rest do nothing to him. And the bsb gets a 1+ easy without scaled skin which should always be on the prince

Mr. West

Lahmian Tomb Guard
Mar 26, 2013
Out of curiosity Johnny, why do you believe the Prince needs the Scaled Skin so badly ?
Both the Skin as well as the Enchanted Shield improve his save by 2 pips. Shield even keep him (her ?) cheaper.
Only reason not to take it would be if you were selecting the Charmed Shield.

Also, for a BSB wielding a great weapon, there is no other way to boost his save to 2+. Only other possibility would be one the helmets to get him a 3+.

The Sun King

Staff member
True Blood
Aug 22, 2012
Copenhagen
Johnny-Crass said:
Daemon prince does not care about miscasts besides loosing levels though. The rest do nothing to him. And the bsb gets a 1+ easy without scaled skin which should always be on the prince

You obviously play without SUCKED INTO THE VOID Johnny... But I don't, and I dislike a 6% risk of losing my 550ish points general when I miscast. Not taking Earthing Rod is asking for it.

logan054

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Aug 16, 2007
Colchester
Mr. West said:
Out of curiosity Johnny, why do you believe the Prince needs the Scaled Skin so badly ?
Both the Skin as well as the Enchanted Shield improve his save by 2 pips. Shield even keep him (her ?) cheaper.
Only reason not to take it would be if you were selecting the Charmed Shield.

Also, for a BSB wielding a great weapon, there is no other way to boost his save to 2+. Only other possibility would be one the helmets to get him a 3+.

Scaled skin is the only possible way for a Daaemon prince to have a 1+ save, if you take an enchanted shield then best you can have is a 2+. You would be surprised the difference a 1+ makes, things that are only S4 ap would reduce a 2+ save to a 4+ meaning he has a 50% chance of saving. Massed fire will take him down. being a 3+ against such weapons does make a massive difference, especially in combat, it makes S6 much less of a threat and S7 more survivable.

If your BSB has MoT then no, the best he will get with a great weapon is a 2+, lets me honest, he has a 3+ wardsave rerolling 1's, does he really need anything more than that?

Johnny-Crass said:
Is there another warrior bsb?!?! :p

Depends if your at home playing a friendly or at a GT ;) some of us can tone it down for friendlies! well sometimes, I'm not sure the locals will agree I can after taking a twin chimera's a daemon prince in a 1250pts game.... was funny, just shame the guy thought using a firebelly was an amazing idea and to waste his first spell on a daemon prince....

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu