So I posted a few months back about ways to combat a Skaven army and it got some mixed responses. Well we finally got around to playing (college is a bi*ch), and it went exactly as I was afraid it would.
Nothing could maneuver past his three blocks of 50 slaves except my fliers who were grounded by the storm banner before being blown of the table. Subsequently my options were spend 2-3 turns going around the slave blocks or charge them. Neither option did me any good as the rest of my army got warp lightninged to pieces.
Skaven victory 2700ish > 0
I'm not even sure what I am asking here, I have gone over every unit we have and nothing is fast enough to make it around these chunky blocks (that i can still be shot at while fighting with, because skaven), unless it is something susceptible to the storm banner.
What is the general VC tactics to chew through blocks of slaves or ignore them completely (without flying obviously) and getting to the warp lightning army crusher 9000's?
Nothing could maneuver past his three blocks of 50 slaves except my fliers who were grounded by the storm banner before being blown of the table. Subsequently my options were spend 2-3 turns going around the slave blocks or charge them. Neither option did me any good as the rest of my army got warp lightninged to pieces.
Skaven victory 2700ish > 0
I'm not even sure what I am asking here, I have gone over every unit we have and nothing is fast enough to make it around these chunky blocks (that i can still be shot at while fighting with, because skaven), unless it is something susceptible to the storm banner.
What is the general VC tactics to chew through blocks of slaves or ignore them completely (without flying obviously) and getting to the warp lightning army crusher 9000's?