Help with Swedish High Elf List

  • The masquerade of murder returns! A new game of Vampires Amongst Us has begun. Unmask the killers, trust no one, and try to survive the night. Find out more and sign up now!

John Rainbow

Crypt Horror
Mar 7, 2013
596
PA, USA
Zombies
307
I have a 2500 Swedish comp event coming up and have no real ideas about what is viable so I am looking for some advice. So far this is a list I like:

Annointed on Frostheart + Giant Blade, Ench. Shield & OTS
Archmage(4)[High] + dispel scroll, 4++, Khaine's Ring
Alith Anar

BSB + Reaver Bow, Merwyrm Shield, Golden Crown (could also go on Annointed)

18 Archers + full command
6 Helms + sh, full command
6 Helms + sh, champ & std
5 Reavers + muso

23 Phoenix Guard + full command & Razor Banner

3 x RBT

Total: 2500 pts
Comp Score: 11.6

Link to comp pack:
http://warhammer.org.uk/phpBB/viewtopic ... 3&t=102988

Note that because of the comp I have some odd selections i.e. the core is minimized to 626 pts and all units are minimized in terms of comp - an extra archer for example would be a 4 point comp hit due to the larger unit size and the increase in the overall shooty-ness of the army.

The tourny uses the v1.16 Swedish comp and is pretty standard in terms of scenarios. The comp limits armies to scores between 8-15.

Any thoughts?
 
Alith is cheap in terms of comp whereas anything else (other than kit) would change the comp score of the list. Effectively he's another RBT for 8 comp points.
 
I'll share with you my thoughts about HE in swe comp from facing them a few times.

I can vouch for Alith Anar being very worth it in swe comp. Faced him a couple of times and he really is a pain. BS7 bolt thrower is not to be taken easily.

My only concern with the list would be the few number of units. Most HE armies I've faced in swe comp have quite a lot of elite infantry units, usually 3 each around 18 strong. Guess it is since you have so much pts in lords, something that could be good.

A thing that seems very common in comped HE lists here in Sweden is the Loremaster. I've faced him a few times and must say that they are really annoying. Equiped with the Book of Ashur you get a lvl3 with some really nice spells. A lvl4 high is scary though, have has some bad experiences with that fiery spell, so I guess it's a matter of opinion.

Personally I don't think monster mounts are worth it when people can bring lists with comps as low at 8, I usually see the limit as somewhere around 13 or 14. The frostheart is quite resilient though so it could work I guess. What compensation does high scoring lists get vs low scoring lists at the tournament? 100 VP per point higher or something like that?
 
Yeah the difference in comp goes into a VP bonus (100 VP per comp point).

The frostheart is pretty survivable due to the innate magic res on top of the ward. That was one of the reasons I went with it over the dragon. I am however rethinking the list and maybe adding another combat unit as you suggest as I played an ogre list the other night and got completely destroyed!
 

About us

  • Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu