How cheap can you get?

  • The masquerade of murder returns! A new game of Vampires Amongst Us has begun. Unmask the killers, trust no one, and try to survive the night. Find out more and sign up now!

Chaos_Born

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Jan 17, 2012
2,053
Omnipresent
Zombies
1,949
To put it simply, what is the cheapest way to get Games Workshop vampire counts models? I'm not a fan of mantic, and am trying to think of the best way to get the requisite number of troops to play 2500 pts+. Ebay? Total Wargamer? Mug people as they leave the store? What should I do?
 
In the words of my good associate, "E-bay my friend, E-bay."
Nothing beats that site for deals on WH models.
Or, you could just use different models and make them count as particular units. I've done that myself with my most recent VC army and saved a great deal of cash.
 
The majority of my armies were bought a little at a time on eBay. However, it's harder to find sellers offering 30% discounts like they did a few years ago. I've been having good luck finding VC on Amazon lately too. There was a thread here about the Chinese version of eBay (forget what it's called). Seemed like, with a little effort, you can find GW there dirt cheap.
 
If you got goods to trade, bartertown.com is the way to go. Get some good deals of people jsut selling there to. There was someone selling thier VC army for 50% earlier this week.

Jay
 
In conclusion so far:

At the moment Ebay looks like it has the best deals, if you can get them. The cheapest reliable online shop though appears to be amazon. However it doesn't have all of the options (especially characters), if you want some of these less readily available pieces, then the best option I've seen seems to be Darksphere.

Anything more to add anyone?

EDIT: Sorry for the double post
 
Well here is the Taiwanese web page. Prices aren't any better than on ebay and for the most part international shipping isn't available.

Here is the link to a screenshot I took if you are curious: Ruten - Taiwanese Ebay
 
I've found Darksphere (miniatures by post)
Amazon
eBay
Weyland

All if these have proved great resource to me
 
If you live in the states ChaosMailOrder.com sells all Gamesworkshop products for 25% off. Orders of $100 dollars or more are free shipping.
 
Taobao, Chinas equivalent of Ebay. I got a pack of Boar Boyz for 130RMB 13 pounds two days ago, almost 3 pounds cheaper than straight from GW and they are real. I also baught a copied White King (the new one) for 30RMB that's 3 pounds!!!!
Actually my friend got them for me, and he got a Mortis Engine to to say thanks for painting his flat, the Mortis Engine was 150RMB I think 15 pounds. Krell is 3 pounds to and Isabella and Conrad. 3 Vargheists for 12 pounds!!

Linky Linky I want Cheapy

I'm not condoning copies and was totally against them at first but hey GW decided to break into China the copy capital of the world. And Finecast what a mistake here, once they are painted you can't even feel the difference like you could with tin.:zombie:
 
Taoboa looks really cheap, but what kind of postage prices are there from china to the uk? Also I don't understand any of the writing:slapface:
 
I believe if you use google chrome it can translate the pages automatically, I'll check with my buddy. As for delivery I'm not sure but if you're saving 17 pounds on a Mortis Engine..................
 

About us

  • Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu