• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

ElectricPaladin

Skeleton
Nov 9, 2013
I make no secret of it - I don't particularly like the GW necromancer. That said, there are so freaking many beautiful necromancer models out there, and I kind of want to own them all.

I was hoping that some veteran Vampire players could lend me a hand - how many necromancers on foot do I actually want to own? One or two? Then I'm good and any further necromancer purchases will be purely for vanity. Three or four? That would be awesome - I have an excuse to buy some gorgeous Reaper necromancers.

Thanks in advance.

Corien Sumatris

Vampire Count
True Blood
Jul 3, 2013
Rockford Il
All the necromancers!!!

Seriously though it really depends on the style of army you're running and the point size. I seriously couldnt see needing more than 4 although I generally only run 2 in most lists. But if you want to run a heavy attrition army then I would say you could go with 3 level 1's and a level 4 so you can have even more IoN's. Thats a pretty character heavy list though.

John Rainbow

Crypt Horror
Mar 7, 2013
PA, USA
I can't ever see you using more than 4 in a list that features 2 lord level necros (Vamps and Death) and two supporting lvl1s to spam Invocation. In general with vamps somewhere around 7 or 8 magic levels total in a list seems to be pretty good. It really depends on what style of list you enjoy playing and whether you are using actual Vampires.

MageoftheBones

Skeleton
Sep 27, 2013
Most vampire armies under the current book aren't going to run more than 1 but you might do 2 in some circumstances based on your build. Not many people running the necromancer raising armies these days which would mean more than 2 necromancers in some cases. However you can pull that off without so many models in most cases if that is what you wanted to do.

Swissdictator

Vampire Count
True Blood
Apr 16, 2008
Wisconsin
I've got 2 necros in a 3000 point list. One lord, one here. Along with two vampires.

I prefer to have Necros do the bulk of my casting, allowing me to keep the Vamps safer from miscasts so they can kill stuff.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu