invo question

  • The masquerade of murder returns! A new game of Vampires Amongst Us has begun. Unmask the killers, trust no one, and try to survive the night. Find out more and sign up now!
Jun 29, 2013
147
south east uk
Zombies
103
Another question for you guys. Im running a bk bus with a vl and wk and all the knights are killed. If I cast invo will it raise the knights back as the vl and wk are part of the unit? Or once the last model has gone is that it? Reason I ask is from what I gather they wouldnt give up vp's unless the lord and wk bit the dust as well.
 
I love how warhammer is so complicated that new questions and issues arise that I never even thought of.

If there is no official answer to this one, I can only give my opinion as I would rule it: I would say the unit has died around them and now you have two separate characters out on the fields of battle. This further means that invo could bring none of them back.

As I said though, I'm basing this on no official ideas.
 
heldantes said:
I love how warhammer is so complicated that new questions and issues arise that I never even thought of.

If there is no official answer to this one, I can only give my opinion as I would rule it: I would say the unit has died around them and now you have two separate characters out on the fields of battle. This further means that invo could bring none of them back.

As I said though, I'm basing this on no official ideas.

Actually, the two characters would still be a unit.

BRB, page 97, "Characters can also join other characters belonging to one of the troop types listed above, thus forming an impromptu unit entirely made of characters."

As to the other question, I don't know off the top of my head and my Vamp Book isn't handy, but I've always played it that you can't raise back if the entire unit, outside of characters, is dead.
 
I agree: the characters have joined the unit, but they can leave the unit again as well. When the unit has been destroyed, you only have the characters left and no BKs returning after invocation. But the reference...
 
Cool thats how i played it i just wanted to make sure that i hadnt missed anything. cheers for the quick responses. On top of that question can i fire one more your way????

Hexwraiths spectral hunters move. I thought this was a move that could only go through unengaged units but ive seen a couple batt reps where they have locked a unit in combat and just marched through them over and over. Is this a new thing or are they playing it wrong????
 
More importantly:

"Spectral Hunters: ...in the Remaining Moves sub-phase..."

"During the Remaining Moves sub-phase, units...which are not engaged in combat..."
 

About us

  • Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu