• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

Alabaster427

Minister of Thriftiness
Dec 9, 2013
This model has taken me forever to get finished. I think I first purchased and began work on it back in August of 2014! I spent a lot of time initially working on the magnetizing and alterations to make both heads work and the wings be removable. I also spent quite a bit of time on the base construction. Painting for Warmachine/Hordes leagues are to blame as well for taking so long to finish this model. However, it is finally finished and I'm very pleased with how it has turned out. Here are a few pics and you can see a whole bunch more here.

View attachment 54622

View attachment 54623 View attachment 54624
You should post this to Unholy Masterpieces, because it definitely qualifies.

Reactions: Dragonet

Theerteen

Cheerful Cranium
True Blood
Aug 20, 2012
Germany
Very impressive. An absolutely cool paintjob, basing, magnetizing...everything. This one wakes envy ;)

jediguru

Ghoul
Feb 14, 2012
I'm trying to get my two Warhammer armies done as well as get all the models I own painted by year's end. Did this unit up in about 7 hours. Painting all the bone bits really slowed me down. They were fun to paint though. I love painting gory models.

P1030158.JPG

P1030162.JPG

Last edited:

Borgnine

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Jun 15, 2013
Pruszkow, Poland
I don't think I've seen such all-dark-grey wolves - it works great with the dark red flesh and the light bones - very nice unit :thumbsup: I also looked through the rest of your plog briefly - the Terrorgheist really sets itself apart! So very smooth and well highlighted ;) The conversion of the reaper ghosts' faces is also awesome and clever!

jediguru

Ghoul
Feb 14, 2012
I don't think I've seen such all-dark-grey wolves - it works great with the dark red flesh and the light bones - very nice unit :thumbsup: I also looked through the rest of your plog briefly - the Terrorgheist really sets itself apart! So very smooth and well highlighted ;) The conversion of the reaper ghosts' faces is also awesome and clever!

Thanks very much the compliments.
The mostly grey wolves was in part by design and part laziness. ;) So many of these dire wolves I think just look silly when the exposed flesh is painted in flesh tones. I think it works better if the flesh is closer in color to the fur rather than super contrasted from the exposed muscle and fur.

jediguru

Ghoul
Feb 14, 2012
After finishing my Dwarf army, I'm getting back to my VC. Here's 23 speed painted Skeleton Warriors to fill out my 50 something unit.

P1010006.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: Dragonet

jediguru

Ghoul
Feb 14, 2012
Started this counts as conversion almost a year ago now. Finally getting around to finishing them. I think the Legion Ogrun models are fantastic and make for great counts as Crypt Horrors. I plan on getting 5 more of these guys to fill out a unit.

P1010010.JPG

P1010016.JPG

Last edited:

jediguru

Ghoul
Feb 14, 2012
@Sessioni You absolutely can paint red like that. There's nothing special about those skeletons. They are speed painted with the only shading used is an applied Minwax Polyshade over the entire model and sprayed after with dullcote. I used Citadel Scab Red (now Skorne Red) over white primer as the basecoat.

jediguru

Ghoul
Feb 14, 2012
Finished up my second set of 20 Graveguard for my counts army. This makes for a nice horde of 40. These models also represent the last of my models painted for my 2015 resolution but more on that later.
P1010027.JPG

Last edited:

jediguru

Ghoul
Feb 14, 2012
Turns out all my pictures from all my posts on my blog and every single forum plog are completely screwed. So, now I get to edit about 200 blog posts and 200 plog posts all individually. :mad2:

Sessioni

Black Knight
Dec 29, 2014
I feel your pain @jediguru :frown: But hey, those grave guard looks very nice, altho I'm not a fan of golden armor. Banner is nice!

Farmer7574

Vampire Count
True Blood
Dec 10, 2013
England
@jediguru Nice and striking colours amongst that unit of grave guard - very eye catching. The wear & tear on the shields is good too. And great work on that banner. :)

Borgnine

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Jun 15, 2013
Pruszkow, Poland
Good to see you back after such a break! ;)

You pulled off the red on the skeletons really well! I always struggle with the right hue, here it works great! Scratches really add to them, while being such a simple of an addition :thumbsup:

Also, an interesting replacement for Crypt Horrors you have there. Proper barbarians :) They don't look much undead, but they fit with the rest of your army very good.

robtion

Vampire Thrall
Aug 23, 2011
Australia
I'm a bit late to the party but just wanted to comment on your Crypt horrors. Really cool and some of the best I have seen outside of Borgnines. Good job :thumbsup:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu