Kings of War - 1,000 Undead tournie list

  • The masquerade of murder returns! A new game of Vampires Amongst Us has begun. Unmask the killers, trust no one, and try to survive the night. Find out more and sign up now!
Nov 13, 2013
927
Vancouver, Canada
Zombies
1,188
Vampire Lord on Peg 245
Ensorcelled Armour 35

Cursed Pharoah 145 Hero
Onyx Ring 20

Mummies (20) 170 Regiment
Brew of Haste 15

Skeleton Horde (40) 150 Horde
Fire Oil 5

Revenant Cavalry (10) 170 Regiment
Brew of Sharpness 45


Total = 1,000


Not sure if I want Sharpness on the VL over the armour, but I figured having De 6+ was important for keeping my big fighty hero alive.

"Mummies" are going to be my Tomb Guard with halberds. Haste is to give them a little bit more ranged potential, so that they can hit first.

Skeletons are my tarpit. 40 should do a good job at holding stuff up so that my mummies/revenants/vampire can slam into the flank.

VL gets 16 attacks on the flank, or 24 to the rear, hitting on 3s and wounding on De-2. Not too shabby.
 
  • Like
Reactions: The Sun King
I'm looking forward to trying out different things with KoW, as it stands I have no idea how good this list is :P Let me know how your games go, can give me a heads up on what to do when I get to play some.
 
Ummm... A vampire is an individual he doesn't get bonus attacks for flank and rear charges. I would probably use sharpness on the vampire over the armour but that's just me. Looks like a solid list from my limited KoW experience.
 
Ummm... A vampire is an individual he doesn't get bonus attacks for flank and rear charges. I would probably use sharpness on the vampire over the armour but that's just me. Looks like a solid list from my limited KoW experience.

Vampire Lord on foot/horse. On peg he loses the -1 to hit as well as -1 De, but gains fly and the ability to double/triple damage on the charge (as well as have attacks doubled or tripled against him).

Definitely considered sharpness. However, the trade off was -50% incoming damage (De 5+ to 6+, so wounding half as often) to a slight uptick in damage (hitting 4/6 of the time versus 4/5 of then time).

Gunna need to play test it all thought. Right now I'm deciding between sharpness, armour, or on foot with wings. Lots of decisions.
 
Sorry forgot about that. My mind just went individual ->no bonus attacks.:rolleyes:

No worries at all!

Other thing I'm thinking of is perhaps using a Tomb King mounted on a warsphinx as a "Revenant King on Undead Wyrm". I've got a couple extra warsphinx boxes kicking around, so might be a good chance to finally try one out.

Shame this tournament is only 1,000 points though. So constraining.
 
No worries at all!

Other thing I'm thinking of is perhaps using a Tomb King mounted on a warsphinx as a "Revenant King on Undead Wyrm". I've got a couple extra warsphinx boxes kicking around, so might be a good chance to finally try one out.

Shame this tournament is only 1,000 points though. So constraining.

This a friendly tournament or one of the actual tournaments? Either way tournament players are the worst!!!oneone.
 
This a friendly tournament or one of the actual tournaments? Either way tournament players are the worst!!!oneone.

Lol. Don't get me fucking started :P

TO is a major TO in our area, though he's a bit of a fluff bunny himself. His initial thought was to keep running 8th ed events, but the community is pretty cool on that option. KoW seems to be the only thing sparking any interest, so this is kind of a "tester" event. It's a 1-day charity tournament, so nothing hardcore, but should be interesting to see what the community comes up with.
 

About us

  • Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu