Lahmia theme

  • The masquerade of murder returns! A new game of Vampires Amongst Us has begun. Unmask the killers, trust no one, and try to survive the night. Find out more and sign up now!

Kalandros

Necromancer
True Blood
Nov 27, 2008
835
Near Montréal, Québec
Zombies
558
Welp, I've tomb king models, but no tomb king army as of yet.
And the super 'design' of chariot bases for their monstrous infantry and cavalry has always irked me, way too annoying for gaming purposes.

So I'm thinking of making a VC army with a Lahmian theme - Snakes, bone and a little bit of fleshy things too~

Ghouls - Slaves, made of flesh for the most part - Marauder bodies (the tough slave body) with 'hand' weapons (replacing the wrist and hand with weapons attached directly) and then there's only the head I'm not sure of, clearly not the viking heads for marauders!

Crypt Horrors - I was thinking using the Necro Knight/ Sepulchural Stalkers but having the main body on 40mm bases while the tails would swirl around across other bases, part under the sand, part above it.

I know I have to keep in mind that it musn't be confusing for my opponent to know what he's facing as well - so anyone got advice on this? x:

I've yet to decide on everything I want in my army list so thats it for now I guess~
 
Are you open to using other game lines? You may want to look through Crocodile games, and reaper for some things. Lamhia did have a more Eygptian look. Well considering Nefertei and Kladia are cousins. From crocodile games you can find Eygptian humans that could easily be made into ghouls or even zombies. I hope this helps.
 
Marauders can be used by removing the horns from their helms. Look at egyptian soldiers, they had helsm that were completely gold in color.

Stalkers would be O.K. as crypt horrors in my opinion.

Necrosphinxes could fielded as terrorgheists, just make sure you put them on the correct base. You may want to embellish what they are standing on as the models are a bit small for the TG base.

Carrion for fell bats.

Modify the spears of the cav with axe heads if you want hexwraiths.
 
those huge 100x150 bases can always be filled with lots of undead swarming around~ :D
Like my Arachnarok being built standing above the field with no legs touching the ground, it has a bunch of spider riders under it (instead of the howdah)

So Tombpire Counts? :D

I might have to sculpt the heads for Marauders as I don't really want a living human look to them.
More like a crazed meat bag flailing around~
 
Kalandros said:
those huge 100x150 bases can always be filled with lots of undead swarming around~ :D
Like my Arachnarok being built standing above the field with no legs touching the ground, it has a bunch of spider riders under it (instead of the howdah)

So Tombpire Counts? :D

I might have to sculpt the heads for Marauders as I don't really want a living human look to them.
More like a crazed meat bag flailing around~

I have a very similar theme for the army I'm working on right now. Most of the models in the army at the moment are tomb king models, but I was struggling with what I could use for ghouls. I like the idea of the marauders. My original idea was to kit bash the zombie box with empire flagellants bodies but that would get real pricey, really quick. I also like the idea of the necro knights as crypt horrors. I'm currently fielding my ushabti as crypt horrors but the ushabti models are fairly "thin" and not very imposing. I'd like a model with more meat on it so to speak.
 
4 Months until a big 6 game tournament, I've got until then to finish everything up, hah.
Will I be able to pull it off? ;P

Also gonna have a liche priest on the Mortis engine~ Need to check if I can find the Casket Priest for cheap x:
 

About us

  • Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu