• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

owain_b

Ghoul
Feb 3, 2014
As the title say, can a character pivot on the spot and still fire a move or fire weapon? Or does it count as moving?
Had a skaven player with warplock engineer with a warplock musket, and I'm pretty sure it shouldn't fire if it has pivoted in the movement phase, but I couldn't find it in the bra anywhere so I let him shoot anyway.
Anyone know a page number where it mentions it if there is one?
Thanks in advance :)

Edit - I'm talking about 8th edition

Alabaster427

Minister of Thriftiness
Dec 9, 2013
If it's carrying a move OR fire weapon, no, it can't shoot if it has moved even if it is a lone character. Pivoting in place for a single model is not considered movement. I will have to look the pages up later. I don't know if it mentions characters, but I know it mentions warmachines. Units have to reform and can do so without affecting move or fire if they pass LD to do a swift reform (requires musician).

owain_b

Ghoul
Feb 3, 2014
Hi Alabaster, thanks for the reply. If you could find those pages that would be great, I just couldnt find them anywhere. Knowing the BRB they are probably in a completey unrelated section ;)

Interesting what you say about swift reform, I didnt realise you could fire move or fire weapons. I thought all reforms counted as moving?

Mad 'At

Dumb enough to work
Staff member
True Blood
Apr 2, 2011
Grödinge
Page 27 BRB, Lone models and movement:
... although a lone model that pivots on the spot does count as moving for the purpose of shooting and so on.

So simply put, you cannot shoot a Move or Fire weapon if you pivot.

Mad 'At

Dumb enough to work
Staff member
True Blood
Apr 2, 2011
Grödinge
Page 109 BRB, Shooting with war machines:
... before you fire the war machine, pivot it to face your chosen target (this does not count as moving).

Page 9 BRB FAQ:
Q: Does pivoting on the spot count as movement for the purposes
of units, other than war machines, with the Move or Fire rule?(p73)

A: Yes.

War machines can pivot in the shooting phase and still shoot. Other models with Move or Fire weapons cannot pivot at all and still be able to shoot.

Alabaster427

Minister of Thriftiness
Dec 9, 2013
Page 109 BRB, Shooting with war machines:

Page 9 BRB FAQ:

War machines can pivot in the shooting phase and still shoot. Other models with Move or Fire weapons cannot pivot at all and still be able to shoot.
And this is where it makes no sense. Any rank and file unit of shooters is going to have a musician, allowing it (most of the time) to pivot and shoot. War machines can do it already. It doesn't make sense that a lone model, especially a hero who is supposed to be better than any rank and file model can't just face a different direction and still fire.

But there you have it, Owain.

Mad 'At

Dumb enough to work
Staff member
True Blood
Apr 2, 2011
Grödinge
Page 95 BRB, Swift reform:
A unit that has made a swift reform can still shoot, although it will count as moving, whether or not it moves further after the reform has been completed. This means that it will suffer the -1 modifier for moving and firing and will not be able to shoot Move or Fire weapons.

Swift reform does not allow you to shoot Move or Fire weapons.

owain_b

Ghoul
Feb 3, 2014
Thanks guys, that's been really helpful. You would think if a cannon can turn and fire a lone character with a handgun could to but them's the rules :)

Cheers

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu