Lords of Undeath?

  • The masquerade of murder returns! A new game of Vampires Amongst Us has begun. Unmask the killers, trust no one, and try to survive the night. Find out more and sign up now!

Abhorash.

Grave Guard
Apr 28, 2009
282
Minnesota
Zombies
256
This has probably been posted as a thread a while ago. What is you all time favorite Vampire Lord build? I want to get some ideas, you know, some good ole brainstorming. My Current Lord in my list is really quite fun. he has

Vampire Lord
Lvl 3 upgrade
Abyssal Terror

Master of the Black Arts
Dark Acolyte
Avatar of Death (hand weapon and shield)

Walachs Bloody hauberk
Balefire Spike (with the shield?)
Wristbands of Black Gold
Black Periapt

So he is a lvl 4 wizard, and generates 6 Power Dice.
Causes Terror, and has a lot of combat capability, because of the abyssal terror and the Balefire spike.
He also is really hard to kill, almost impossible to shoot because of WBoBG and a monstrous mount, and when in combat he has a 2+ armour save and a 5+ ward save with 5 tough, and 7 weapon skill. He rocks.
 
For me, it's a fairly stand build magic lord:

Vampire lord
Lvl 3 Upgrade

Master of the black arts
Forbidden lore
Lord of the dead

Helm of commandment
Book of Arkan
Power stone

Generally does what is required of her, and never really lets me down. Would like to have a go at running a combat lord soon though.
 
Wow, great minds think alike ergo? That is exactly my vamp lord most of the time, with 5pd, and all spells it's just awesome, although I will often drop the power stone when im short on points.

I'm not so sold on the first one though. Sure the vamp isn't going to die Fromm shooting, but one cannon ball and that abyssal terror is gone. Even bolt throwers will do it. I dont think the abyssal terror has ebough t and wounds to be a moit for my general Then you have a general walking around, just waitin to get smashed or crumbled through CR.
 
I usually play with a more combat lord:

Vampire Lord
Level 3

Red fury
Infinate hated

Sword of Might (I wish we had some better killing power weapons worth the points)
Flayed Hauberk
Crown of the damned

This guy has a lot of hitting power, and im willing to risk the stupidity for the ward as he will hopefully spend a lot of time in combat. (Konrad also isn't normally far away for even more hitting power)
 
I usually go for a magic lord as well, only with a slightly different equipment layout.

I run the same abilities as Ergo (MotBA, Forb. Lore, with the difference being Summon COTN) With a Skull Staff and Flayed Hauberk. I use her to keep several strong units of Fellbats/Direwolves running around. If I feel like I need large core units, I'll switch out SCotN for Summon Ghouls. I also will often take Lore of Metal to help take out any highly armored targets/ annoying enchanted items.
 
I was thinking of running.

Vampire Lord
Level 3
Hellsteed

Red fury
Dark Acolyte(lvl 4)-Might try Beguile?
Avatar of Death(Shield)

Dreadlance
Wristbands of Black Gold

3+AS/3+ Ward vs shooting
Auto st7+Red Fury=many dead things

This set up seem very interesting but risky in some circumstances.(cannons) However, he can be screened by fell bats and such. He can avoid the stuff that can kill him and pick on the stuff that can't. Only Empire and Dwarves have cannons. I think combined with some Black Knights they could take down some ranked units.
Anyone run something similar?

No offense but the Basic Magic Lord set up (while potent) is kind of boring and pisses some people off. I have kind of been looking, as some of you have, for alternative set ups.
I like the Fighty foot version with the sword of might but he can be avoided.
 
Actually I have been thinking about this, and have decided to come up with a Lord that will suit my army:

Vampire Lord
Level 3

Summon Ghouls
Lord of the Dead
Master of the Black Arts

Blood Drinker
Flayed Hauberk
Crown of the Damned

This Guy will be placed in my GG unit, and can Single-Handedly keep my entire batle line alive. Blood Drinker Keeps the GG, LoTD keeps the skellies, SG keeps the ghouls, and tFH and CoTD keep him alive.
 
My new favourite. Fast, hitty and generaly cool :)

Vampire Lord; lvl 3; Hellsteed: 470
- Infinite Hatred, Red Fury, Walking death
= Wristbands of Black Gold, Power Stone, Sword of Might, Nightshroud
 
In my last tourny I used a combat lord.

Vampire Lord
Level 3
Red fury
Infinite hatred
Dread knight

Walach´s bloody hauberk
Blood drinker

He can kill a lot of things due to all those re-rolls and extra attacks. The blood drinker keeps the unit he is in around for ages and is vital in a non-raising army (I didnt´t have a single summoning power and still finished 2nd).

I would like to have a go at a dragon lord.
 
Whenever I'm not using a combat lord, I use this set up.

Vampire Lady - Nightmare, Dark Acolyte, Flying Horror, Wristbands of Black Gold, Helm of Commandment, Cadaverous Cuirass, Black Periapt - 375

Fluff has dictated much of my choices of gear but I find that she works well with my preferred style of playing. Evasive (flying with a 3+ ward save against missiles, as well as a 4+ armour save and immunity to both killing blow and poison) yet supportive (lvl 3 wizard + helm of commandment). Keeping her around until the end of the game is usually not very hard at all, which is a significant plus when you're on the topic of VC generals. :D

Edit: Oh and if I happen to be playing a Ghoul-centric force, there's even enough room to throw Ghoulkin into the mix without changing anything. :)
 
Orpheus
Vampire Lord
Level 3
Red fury
Infinite hatred
Beguile

Crow of the damned
Cadaverous Cuirass
Talisman of Lycni
Dispell scroll
+1 strength sword
 
my lord usually uses:

Level 3
Master of the Black Arts
Forbidden Lore
Lord of the Dead / Summon Ghouls (it deppends of wich core choice I use)
Nightshroud
Skull Staff
Sword of Might

And the bodyguard for this lord is a vampire with:
Dark Acolyte
Avatar of Death (two handed weapon, heavy armour)
Enchanted Shield (combined with hand weapon and heavy armour it gives 2+ armour saves on combat)
The Book of Arkhan (very optional)

Both vampires goes into a GG unit/skelleton unit, and the lord always had the unit champion to one side and the bodyguard vampire in the other, so if in combat any enemy models want to hit the lord, then they will go last, and the lord, the vampire and the unit champion can take down those models. If a enemy issues a challenge, then the unit champion or the vampire will step forward.
 
Off the top of my head, it's the Uber-combatty-dragon-riding-death-monster.
Vamp Lord
Level 3 Upgrade.

Red Fury
Walking Death

Dreadlance,
Wristbands of Black Gold.

With a potential 8 strenth 7 attacks autohitting, combined with the dragon's combat abilities, +1 combat res, and terror means that he can defeat most ranked units with a frontal charge, and many characters won't stand a chance.

The one weakness I've found is that he lacks a good armor save in combat, which means that if the opponent survives to strike back, he may be in trouble.
 
Vamp on Dragon
Lvl3

Red Fury
Inf Hatred
Walking Death

Flayed Hauberk
Crown of Damned
Dispel Scroll
Sword of Might

Hits hard and survivable, can deal with most anything on his own, so doesn't need babysitting.

I like to take the Sword of might over Balefire Spike because A) I always get challenged, so i sometimes end up in more than one round of combat. B) Flaming attacks can be negated eg. Dragon princes. C) S6 still gets the job done.
 
I've been running this for my latest tournament list. So far she's had her bunker Conflagarationed out from around her and survived a Dragon Prince charge quite handily (2 seperate games).

Extra Level
Crown, Skull Staff
Forbidden Lore, Lord of the Dead, Master of the Black Arts

The Stick of Skulls is pricey, but really has made a difference, especially on dispell rolls. Then again, this is the first list I've tried with a lord level characer. I normally run 4 heroes.

I'm loving throwing Wind of Undeath around early in the game to hurt war machine crews.
 
abhorash_chile said:
my lord usually uses:

Level 3
Master of the Black Arts
Forbidden Lore
Lord of the Dead / Summon Ghouls (it deppends of wich core choice I use)
Nightshroud
Skull Staff
Sword of Might

That's a favourite setup of mine. Powerful caster but enough protection to take our RnF and hopefully any nasty assassins.
 

About us

  • Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu