Mantic on Kickstarter!

  • The masquerade of murder returns! A new game of Vampires Amongst Us has begun. Unmask the killers, trust no one, and try to survive the night. Find out more and sign up now!

lord marcus

Vampire Count
True Blood
Mar 2, 2008
1,316
Florida
Zombies
507
Thats right, Mantic games is set to launch the 3rd edition (first full edition, the 1rst and 2nd were alpha and beta respectively) Hardcover rulebook of Kings of War.

They put the project up on kickstarter and it has had massive success. With such awesome rewards for the pledge levels and even more Stretch Goals on the way I thought it would be fitting to spread the word.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...f-war?ref=live
 
Just going to say if GW put up a kickstarter project the internets would be raising holy hell.... I think a big company like Mantic should not use KS
 
Johnny-Crass said:
Just going to say if GW put up a kickstarter project the internets would be raising holy hell.... I think a big company like Mantic should not use KS

Thats the thing though. Mantic is not big, it is a drop in the pond compared to GW.

Kickstarter is about creative projects, and the guidelines don't withhold companies from using it if it is for a creative project that follows those guidelines. Mantic should be fine doing this.

@ Desfer = why not pledge either $110 for all the new units (ogres/werewolves) or $1 + 25 per unit? It helps support Mantic and it is free shipping in the US, Canada, and Europe.
 
@Johnny: Mantic have less than a dozen full-time employees. They're tiny, and it's quite clear they lack proper capital, since their Undead army is the only one that has a properly complete range of plastic models at the moment (and even then it's currently missing werewolves, mummies and all the other units they want to make for it).

Anyway, I'd say this is worth a shot, since it is possible to get involved with a small investment.

$26 ($1 pledge + $25) will get you 6 big werewolf models that would make great crypt horrors.

6 crypt horrors from GW would be $94. The majority of people would still buy the GW models given the choice (which is the main reason why they keep raising prices, most GW customers are entirely price-insensitive), but that's a decision for the individual to make.

And if you want a bigger investment, there's the Vampiress model that comes with all the higher-level pledges, and there's already a lot of freebies stacked on to the $100 level - free orc chariot, signed map print, mantic dice, rulebook signed, your name in the book, digital rulebook download... a list that will only get bigger the more people that get involved.

Btw, the link in the first post isn't working, so here's a link that does!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1744629938/kings-of-war?ref=live
 
The only problem with buying mantic models, is when you wanna play warhammer the staff say "no no those models are not allowed" I live right by a battle bunker so it a great place to play. Also at tournaments you can't use them
 
Unfortunately that's true Scottnissen, but if u play in a non-GW store it's ok.

@ Lord Marcus: I wish i had those extra 110$ to spend on kickstarter projects. I'd also like to support Jane Jensen's new Adventure video games, Steve Jackson's Ogre board game and some others.

I like these kickstarter projects, the creators won't be able to use the "not enough funds" excuse anymore.
 
desfer said:
Unfortunately that's true Scottnissen, but if u play in a non-GW store it's ok.

@ Lord Marcus: I wish i had those extra 110$ to spend on kickstarter projects. I'd also like to support Jane Jensen's new Adventure video games, Steve Jackson's Ogre board game and some others.

I like these kickstarter projects, the creators won't be able to use the "not enough funds" excuse anymore.

Yep. If you were looking for a low cost alternative a pledge of 26 will net you 6 werewolves.
 
Have you checked out their newest $8000 pledge level? You and your partner get immortalized as vampire characters sculpted in your likenesses and painted by one of their professionals. Of course there is more to it than that, but that would be pretty sweet. Wish I had an extra $8k lying around. Guess I'll settle for the $100 level with extra werewolves and ogres added in. When they break their next goal and do the trolls, I'll have to add those in too.
 
Those high end pledge are crazy, you have to be quite hardcore to pledge over 1000$ !

I personally pledged 100$ on this, I love what Mantic is doing overall, and I just had to have that cover Vampiress :D That'll net me some more Skeletons and Revenant to boost my army, while I'll probably sell the Ghouls and Zombies as I won't need them. And as a bonus, I also paid for 3 box of Werewolves as extra, insta-horde of Crypt Horror :perv:
 
If I could raise 8k i would pledge it. My friend wants to get into wargaming and I think it would be an awesome way to start of his wargaming career with a bang.
 

About us

  • Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu