March of the Dead

  • The masquerade of murder returns! A new game of Vampires Amongst Us has begun. Unmask the killers, trust no one, and try to survive the night. Find out more and sign up now!
robtion said:
Looking good, hope the games are fun. Will you be painting up some characters?

yeah I have a slew of them but for right now I am only using two in my army so I am only going to focus on those. the necromancer I think is in a earlier post and my Vampire lord on a Nightmare. I am using a privateer press model for her as I could not find a in stock mounted vampire I liked or enough parts I liked that I thought I could fabricate one.

To be honest the one I am going with is exactly what I had pictured in my head anyways so I am pretty happy with her as is.
 
Kingside_Bishop said:
Your vargheists look awesome -- I bet those draw fire! They're practically screaming for attention.

Not so far they have kinda been ignored until they are in combat Of course I think it has to do mostly with the fact I place them towards the end of my deployment and that normally are on a flank.


1959265_771499102862093_1966737642281472124_n.webp


Here are my knights so far still got maybe another 4 hours of work left on them paint wise and then I have to add some of the grass and other flocking. I hope to have them finished paint wise tonight and base wise tomorrow.
 
vamp5-1.webp


vamp4-1.webp


vamp3-1.webp


vamp2-1.webp


vamp1-1.webp



Finished!

(Well I need to glue some grass down but panting wise I am done =p )

I use Game Color Brassy Brass it is my favorite color and I manage to work it into almost anything I paint. Here I did a base tone of that then I washed it with agrath earth shade. After letting that dry I used the new games workshop oxide. I used to water down and use Valajo's version of this but the games workshop one dose not need to be watered down so I think I stick with that.

After you put it down though you have to whip some of it off with a paper towel.

I really wanted them to look vary weathered and dilapidated.

I intend to make most of the army look like this when it comes to the actual raised dead. The vampire stuff is the only things that will look like there stuff is maintained and pristine.
 
Thanks I had a lot of fun painting them and So far they have done well for me on the table. I am working on my hex wraiths now. But as there is a 40k tournament coming up at the store I think I will try and get those ready. so I might have a small break from painting vamps here.
 
waightking1.webp


waightking2.webp


Got a character done. I have been busy with house stuff so have not had a ton of time to paint also there is 40k orks that I am also trying to work on at the same time so its moving slow. But I am trying to plug away at it as much as possible!!
 
What'd you use for your BK bases? I did something very similar with my Hexwraith bases. Are they resin? From where?
 
The Bases were made out of parts from the garden of Mor set. I just chopped up all the stuff I did not use from them as I was making unit fillers not terrain I basically had a bunch of extra ground parts that I was not using so I decided to put it to use and make my Black knights look a bit cooler.
 

About us

  • Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu