Marcus' Many Historicals

  • The masquerade of murder returns! A new game of Vampires Amongst Us has begun. Unmask the killers, trust no one, and try to survive the night. Find out more and sign up now!

lord marcus

Vampire Count
True Blood
Mar 2, 2008
1,316
Florida
Zombies
507
Hi everybody!

So, I have my Undead project log up an running in "the Dead shall walk" (which should be getting a large amount of updates over the next few weeks, but I digress.)

I also have historical projects, which I have decided to showcase and follow here. Currently I have three projects:

Persian wars - Successor/greek army and A Persian army
Rome and her enemies - generally cesarean romans, but i have a smattering of earlier and later. I also have some lybians, nubians, and celts made up. not really an army as it where, but the romans are playable
18th century - early - using War of the Spanish Succession plastics

All of these are imagi-nations, and all are based for Warlord games series of rules-sets, specifically Hail Ceaser and Black Powder.

As an example of my progress, some Persian spearmen (more pics to come, when I get home from University.)

247157_325865780951496_6320482613239534070_n.jpg
 
Update! Division minimum completed:

10511653_331327123738695_863659546870018677_o.jpg


10704315_331327107072030_7986647707380616135_o.jpg


10480590_331327080405366_3234379449352681946_o.jpg


1405051_331327043738703_605875932745980777_o.jpg


10463854_331327083738699_51492429909895136_o.jpg


10264105_331327137072027_5575675596221404108_o.jpg


And I just realized the epic fail on the banner bearer's buttspike. That will be fixed post haste.
 
Nice work on those minis. It is good to see something different from all the fantasy and sci-fi you normal get in our hobby.

I like the colour scheme you've went with. A strong desert feel to it and the red complements it very well. The little command group look very well painted to, their vests and skin has some nice highlights. Would be nice to see those kind of highlights on the rest but I understand that you want to get things done. Must ask though, what are the red and purple things around the edges of their vests?

Also, buttspike :perv:
 
Nice work on those minis. It is good to see something different from all the fantasy and sci-fi you normal get in our hobby.

I like the colour scheme you've went with. A strong desert feel to it and the red complements it very well. The little command group look very well painted to, their vests and skin has some nice highlights. Would be nice to see those kind of highlights on the rest but I understand that you want to get things done. Must ask though, what are the red and purple things around the edges of their vests?

Also, buttspike :perv:

The buttspike was noted as soon as I posted the pictures.

You are correct on the highlights. too many troops to get done and not enough time, but command elements get special treatment.

The Red and purple danglies are Pteruges, or the perisan equivalent of them. See here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pteruges
 
royal purple. them being officers of the kings army. red was just a supporting color.

This army, as all my historical armies are, in historical mini gaming parlance...Imagi-nations.

I.e. they are my specific creations, rather than a view on a historical state, such as Achaemenid persia
 
Update!

and now for something....slightly different:

The beginnings of the first phalanx

10457454_257009014503840_7331390879819032388_o.jpg


the might of Cesarian rome:

1553531_222948151243260_1938240369_o.jpg


1926299_235022770035798_234558611_o.jpg


and some roughed out numidian horsemen, 2 per 40mm base

1980481_241730339365041_1575496357878088584_o.jpg
 

About us

  • Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu