Mordheim Undead Warband

  • The masquerade of murder returns! A new game of Vampires Amongst Us has begun. Unmask the killers, trust no one, and try to survive the night. Find out more and sign up now!
Very impressive, great work! I must at least read the rules for Mordheim one day, I am curious how does all the game work on such a terrain. How much of it is self-made? I guess the bridges are your own and some of the towers were bought, but I don't have an idea about the rest ;)
 
Thanks, guys. Playing the game on terrain like this really makes quite a difference. It becomes a lot more three dimensional but it also requires that you have all those ladders, bridges and other things so that you can actually reach places. The rules for climbing are rather unforgiving unless you're Skaven.

@Borgnine, some things are GW (like that unpainted central tower) and most are from eBay (all those magnificent houses and lots of the little things), with the bridges and raised foundations being my own.
 
So I'm currently working on a new little project. I saw something in the worldwide Mordheim group on Facebook that I just had to emulate. A guy named Gabriel there made a personalized carrying case from an old VHS cover for his dwarf warband. Check out these pics.

12189306_10153229200818526_5563913785572006642_o.jpg


12188085_10153229200518526_6578211483367845092_o.jpg


He designed the cover and back on his own and printed it out to use on the VHS cover. I was supremely inspired to do something similar for my own warband, and here's the draft I'm working on right now. Please excuse the strange lines and stuff going everywhere. The yellow border shows where the spine is going to be and the red border is the trim that'll be around the entire design. The red won't stay like it is now, of course.

VHS cover.webp


I've never been a great designer but I'm determined to see this through to one result or another. If you have any tips and feedback to give, please do. :)

Edit: What I personally feel so far is that the white text is a bit boring against the black background. And I'm a little worried that the different drawing styles on the front and back will clash, but once the cover is done you won't be seeing the two images side-by-side any more.
 
Last edited:
A nice idea indeed! The only thing I could add about the design is to put the white title a little lower and maybe a bit to the right ;) Also, maybe a little less ornate font on the back? Blocks of text don't like ornaments very much.
The pictures may clash a little, but only a little - and as you wrote, they won't be visible together very often. Besides, they fit your army and idea and it would be tough to replace them I think. One could try to incorporate some of these green clouds into the picture on the left, but that would need some more heavy editing.
Overall, it's really cool - go for it :)
 
Thanks for your input, Borgnine. I will keep working on the placement and appearance of the text. I should be receiving a couple of VHS cases next week (I had to buy them off eBay, imagine that...) and once I print the design out on paper and see how it falls in scale with the cover I suspect that there will be additional re-jigging to do.
 
Setting up the board for the weekend's coming games. The local water hole is going to be the next site of conflict.

Pool1.webp


Pool2.webp


Pool3.webp


Pool4.webp


Pool5.webp


Pool6.webp


Pool7.webp
 
@MasterSpark That gaming surface is absolutely lush, for the lack of a better word.

You've got me dreaming of when I buy a place and can commit time into these kind of projects without fear of them getting damaged in transit in the future.

That's a top class piece of terrain mate, well done. How did you do the water? Just water effect?
 
Last edited:
Thanks guys.

@Farmer7574, I actually bought the docks as they are straight from eBay so I can't give you any details. I intend to find out how he did it though and replicate it on some tiles that we could then use as canals for the ground levels. We could then introduce small boats and stuff to use as transportation around those parts.
 
Last edited:
Gorgeous work as always from you Sparky ^.^ I have to wonder though where have you found all that terrain? I only know the GW terrain sections from that board which are such a small portion o.o Also you carry your warband in a VHS case? :\ or am I misunderstanding?
 
Hello guys. Here's another round of terrain pictures from yesterday's setup. We've started playing with the Empire in Flames expansion which is set out in the wilderness away from Mordheim. You can see this on the second board.

@Crystal, most of the terrain has actually been bought straight from ebay. I've only done some small and basic additional things on my own.

Mordheim1.webp


Mordheim2.webp


Mordheim3.webp


EiF1.webp


EiF2.webp


EiF3.webp
 

About us

  • Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu