• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

Eyeless

Wight King
May 17, 2013
Malta
So with the new mortarch of grief round the corner I decided that I want a unique model for each of the existing 3. I'll keep Arkhan as is since he fits the theme the most, and I already have planned a warsphinx conversion for neferata. However i'm out of options on what mounts can be used for mannfred to fit his theme while also looking unique. Any ideas?

Borgnine

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Jun 15, 2013
Pruszkow, Poland
How about a Dark Elf dragon, possibly after zombifying it a bit. The bulk should be similar to the original Abyssal, it would fit on the same base and fits a vampire theme very good. I am planning to do such a conversion at some point ;) Chaos Manticore seems also like a badass option, but that's more feral than the somewhat regal dragon.

Reactions: Eyeless

Eyeless

Wight King
May 17, 2013
Malta
Manticore might work! I thought of using different dragons but i was moving away from the idea as i might use that for a named vlozd. other stuff i had in mind included; a flying chariot driven by a morghast, an elite horse steed overlooking a cliff using the varanguard stuff and adding some spirit hosts circling, mount him on a terrorgheist but i found it too similar to vlozd, or a scratch build kind of construct from what i can find.

Borgnine

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Jun 15, 2013
Pruszkow, Poland
If you are up for scratchbuilding, maybe you can try something similar to what @Nagash Worshiper did with the Isle of Blood griffon, to be found HERE. That's effectively just another manticore, but maybe it can give you some ideas. Also, if you consider putting him on an impressive horse, there's still his model from the previous edition - that horse is BIG ;) if you like him aestetically, of course.

Reactions: Eyeless

Mioum

Crypt Horror
Jul 3, 2010
How about the Terrorgeist model? Seems like it would fit Mannfred alright.

Eyeless

Wight King
May 17, 2013
Malta
@Mioum yep, narrowed down my options to 2, mounted on a varanguard horse with spirit hosts or mounter on a terrorgheist :) can even use the abissal terror's head on the TG as it looks pretty good!

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008
What about some of the old Tomb King models? The WarSphinx was a pretty awesome model and very fitting:
99120217007_KhemrianWarsphinxNEW01.jpg

Or I always to convert a carnosaur xd

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008
Oh nice one @Eyeless, that looks like it's coming along really nicely.

Where's those comfy looking pillows from? Look forward to seeing the final model :thumbsup:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu