MR question,

  • The masquerade of murder returns! A new game of Vampires Amongst Us has begun. Unmask the killers, trust no one, and try to survive the night. Find out more and sign up now!
Depends on which shots you are talking about. Most WE I know of swear by Hagbane which is the poisoned arrows, so you'd just get the 4+ against that.

2+ against Magic Missiles and direct damage though is insanely awesome protection for your Blood Knights and will keep them alive so much longer, then once they're into combat they should mow through most things, especially if you've got a Blender with them. Nice.
 
Depends on which shots you are talking about. Most WE I know of swear by Hagbane which is the poisoned arrows, so you'd just get the 4+ against that.

2+ against Magic Missiles and direct damage though is insanely awesome protection for your Blood Knights and will keep them alive so much longer, then once they're into combat they should mow through most things, especially if you've got a Blender with them. Nice.



I'm talking about the bows with minus 3 to your armour save. And yes i have 3 vampires is the unit and I'm running 7 blood knights. 10 wide so everyone gets their attacks.
 
Unfortunately, Magic Resistance doesn't help against the Arcane Bodkins, just against spells and miscast templates.
 
Does it work for miscasts? I've heard different things fron different people. I used to play that it did. Now not so much. Anyone know for sure and able to back it up with solid proof?
 
It does not work for miscasts. From the FAQ pg.7:

Q: Is damage caused by a miscast counted as a spell? Can a model with Magic Resistance add it to its ward save against it? (p34) A: No to both questions.

And magical shots from the wood elves are not spells. So it doesn't help against them either.
 
Thanks Najo. I didn't think it did. Just wanted to make sure and so everyone else knew as well.

I feel like there was a time when it was allowed but then the faq came out and said it wasn't. That would have been a couple years ago though.
 

About us

  • Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu