Hello chaps and chapesses,
Long time reader (rules discussion mostly) and first time poster. I was just wanting some advice and critique on a characterised Necromancer Army List that I've been working on.
The Necromancer Army represents both ancient Liche lords finally making a move on the world of the living and those mostly lone necromancers dotted around the Empire and Bretonnia, court magicians or misguided scholars that have delved into forbidden tomes and fallen steadily down the road to madness. Most of the units represent one such necromancer raising the local graveyard or battlefield dead, so plain Skeleton Horsemen and Bowmen are back as well as new units like zombie rat swarms. VC units like Corpse Carts and Hexwraiths still make an appearance but are rarer choices.
The balance of the army is put mostly towards mastery of the magic phase and pure weight of numbers and lacks most of the "hammer" units from the VC army.
Note: Where the list refers to "The Lore Of Necromancy" this is exactly the same as "The Lore Of The Vampires", I'm just being pedantic!
You can download the latest version of the army list here in PDF:
[attachment=1799]
Long time reader (rules discussion mostly) and first time poster. I was just wanting some advice and critique on a characterised Necromancer Army List that I've been working on.
The Necromancer Army represents both ancient Liche lords finally making a move on the world of the living and those mostly lone necromancers dotted around the Empire and Bretonnia, court magicians or misguided scholars that have delved into forbidden tomes and fallen steadily down the road to madness. Most of the units represent one such necromancer raising the local graveyard or battlefield dead, so plain Skeleton Horsemen and Bowmen are back as well as new units like zombie rat swarms. VC units like Corpse Carts and Hexwraiths still make an appearance but are rarer choices.
The balance of the army is put mostly towards mastery of the magic phase and pure weight of numbers and lacks most of the "hammer" units from the VC army.
Note: Where the list refers to "The Lore Of Necromancy" this is exactly the same as "The Lore Of The Vampires", I'm just being pedantic!
You can download the latest version of the army list here in PDF:
[attachment=1799]