• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

Yorga

Vampire Count
True Blood
Apr 7, 2011
Nagashizzar said:
So a Chaos Lord can have a 3+ ward save and reroll 1s?

The Hunger ability seem rather poor now because of the SoulFeeder chaos power (which cost 4 slaves) let you roll a d6 PER unsaved wound and regain 1 wound for each roll of 6...

At least with Chaos, they can only take a power once per army unlike our powers. We sort of get "The Hunger" for free.:rolleyes:

But I was playing with some math comparing old and new. A unit of 9 Khorne Marked Chaos Ogres with Great Weapons and full command is only 435 points. Use to be 485 points! And now we get Ogre Charge to boot! :perv: So Marauders and Warriors became more expensive but with the exception of Skullcrushers, all the big nasties are cheaper. Not sure you can really count skullcrushers in this discussion since it is obvious the 60 point per model rule GW put in that little pamphlet was just a big scam from the get go. :mad2: It seemed too good to be true and it was.

Fool us once GW shame on you....

Count Matthewzilla

Vargheist
Sep 14, 2012
AZ
Anyone have thoughts on the slaughterbrute or the vortex beast? Seem interesting. OH, johnny.. Kohlek aint btw. Dropped in points by a lot.

TheKurgan

Zombie
Nov 30, 2012
The wastes
Slaughterbrute seems like a bit of a waste but thats my .02 . The mutalith has that one in six chance of making a spawn but the juice doesn't seem worth the squeeze. On a more positive note I will probably pick one up as I need a k'daii destroyer.

Yorga

Vampire Count
True Blood
Apr 7, 2011
The return of the Disc Lord is for sure. Chaos Lord on the Disc is a beast with Third eye. Will see as many of those as you see DE Dreadlords with pendant on Pegasi. The new magic items (9) are overall pretty uninspiring. The mutant powers are fantastic. Chaos took a nerf on the magic items. Once again Skull of Katam is included and is still utter crap as it was in all the previous books. I suppose if you gave it to a level 1 mage for an emergency round of power dice when you really need em....

One thing. Lots of Rumor Mongers on Warseer lost credibility. No Engrimm Van Hortsman in the book. lol!

logan054

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Aug 16, 2007
Colchester
Melle said:
i was thinking something of a greater daemon on Wheels. painted lik a bronze statue. little like DE cauldron, but not as ugly. but new eotg means i be needing all 4 GD for those, albeit rare, occasions I get multiple DP' s
that ones on me....:perv:
imagine look on opponents face 4th time u manages a roll for a DP, and you pull out ANOTHER one. or the look on yours when you for 3rd time or so roll a DP, and only brought one....

Sounds interesting, I look forward to seeing the log, get started then ;)

Giladis

Ghoul
Aug 31, 2007
Zagreb
Nagashizzar said:
So a Chaos Lord can have a 3+ ward save and reroll 1s?

The Hunger ability seem rather poor now because of the SoulFeeder chaos power (which cost 4 slaves) let you roll a d6 PER unsaved wound and regain 1 wound for each roll of 6...

Indeed it looks poor but I guess the designer counted on the Lore's attribute when writing down "Hunger".

Vipoid

Necromancer
Apr 27, 2012
Nagashizzar said:

Wow. That's depressing, to say the least.

The Hunger is complete garbage, compared to that.

Yorga said:
At least with Chaos, they can only take a power once per army unlike our powers. We sort of get "The Hunger" for free.:rolleyes:

I would happily settle for being able to buy that rule on my General, in exchange for not getting a crap power on all my hero vamps.

Vipoid

Necromancer
Apr 27, 2012
Narenzade said:
The important thing to remember is that they don't have Red Fury.

Interesting.

Is Helm of Many Eyes still ASF then?

One of the rumours I heard was that it was being changed to basically being Red Fury.

Derk

Zombie
Jul 14, 2012
Vipoid said:
Narenzade said:

Interesting.

One of the rumours I heard was that it was being changed to basically being Red Fury.

In additon to improving your armour save by 1, the helm gives ASF and stupidity but no Red Fury like ability.

Nagashizzar

Vargheist
Apr 22, 2011
Québec City
Vipoid said:
Narenzade said:

Interesting.

It's still ASF but add +1 to save and the bearer suffer from stupitidy. Cost 10 slaves

Derk

Zombie
Jul 14, 2012
Nagashizzar said:
Narenzade said:

Sure but what can we do againt a ward save 3+ and reroll 1s ? That's almost a ward save 2+!

An additional conundrum on how to deal with this type of character is that if now mounted on a disc the (typically) sorcerer does not even have to have a magic weapon to combat ethereal troops because the disc has 3 daemonic (and therefore magic) attacks, allowing them to spend points allowance on other magic items (like CoC).

I suppose movement/leadership hexes and static combat res may have to be the way to defeat the character - IF placed in a vulnerable position hopefully with no BSB or IP in range.

Melle

Sir Larpsalot, champion of larpers
True Blood
Apr 7, 2012
Sweden
interesting wording on mark of slaanesh.
automatically pass fear, panic and terror tests. thats far from ItP
you miss out on all those scenarios where it states:
'models with the immune to psychplogy rule isnt affected by this item/skill/spell/whatever....

Vipoid

Necromancer
Apr 27, 2012
Melle said:
'models with the immune to psychplogy rule isnt affected by this item/skill/spell/whatever....

Are there many of those?

Melle

Sir Larpsalot, champion of larpers
True Blood
Apr 7, 2012
Sweden
Vipoid said:
Melle said:

Are there many of those?
well. old slaanesh spells had quite a few of it but that dont matter now, does it. ;)
looking through some old books, whom have got 8th ed versions i see its something uncommon now, much more in dated books. so guess it' s really not an issue..

logan. true, but ive seen many talking about slaanesh ItP, so thats why i brought it up.
aaand i see u doing Commissions, how would you feel on doing a warshrine based on a greater daemon for me;) :thumbsup:

another thing. found Another reason to have wings on the DP, to keep those ld5 chimerae in check; )

Commisarlestat

Grave Guard
Oct 22, 2012
Chimerae are great but I think the regen save may be useful. I lost one to empire halberdiers on a poor saving roll. The flame template is great and they are good at taking out small units. The fly is brilliant you can get a first to terror charge off against anything that has vanguarded. Forsaken work best at around 15 models after some playtesting. And marking them with khorne is well worth it.
If you cast curse of the leper on them as they move up they can survive quite well lord of nurgle with the filth face and scaled skin works really well and might just become a staple in my lists.
I do think a level 4 or at minimum 2 level 2's with a scroll is really needed so daemon princes with magic levels are a good choice. A bit like having a vamp lord running around tbh.
The gorebeast chariot is good for a support unit with its higher toughness being the key thing making it better than a normal chariot. As usual mark of khorne on chariots seems to be the best option although nurgle on a gorebeast chariot could make it very survivable.

Just a few things I picked up in play testing yesterday.

A

logan054

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Aug 16, 2007
Colchester
The old MoS was simply immune to fear, terror and panic, for simplicity it is refereed to as ItP, the only real difference is the wording as spells that did not effect ItP effected them as they will now, this was very amusing with my khorne army when half my mates lore didn't effect me but i could 3rd eye it and use it against him :D

I ant using chimeras so no need to ruin my funky model, even if I have a terror sitting about not being used.

Commisarlestat

Grave Guard
Oct 22, 2012
That's the conclusion we came to. Marauder horsemen and the ones on slaaneshi steeds can use it to great effect. I've written a couple of lists using nurgle a lot. It seems like warriors armies are going to have very small model counts compared to what they used to have. Once you add in a couple of chimeras or other beasties you don't have the points for many guys. I'm starting to suspect that unless people use the same builds they used to but tweaked blood and glory games will be hard for warriors armies.

A

Yorga

Vampire Count
True Blood
Apr 7, 2011
Derk said:
I suppose movement/leadership hexes and static combat res may have to be the way to defeat the character - IF placed in a vulnerable position hopefully with no BSB or IP in range.

It's one character. Just like the unkillable Dreadlord the DEs take. Can't win a game all by himself.

Johnny-Crass

Vampire Ancient
True Blood
Jan 25, 2012
California
The whole one model can not win games is something I disagree with. Dreadlords, scarvets and such win games just by tiing up points and helping your list pick them apart

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu