• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

Ulrock

Zombie
Jul 10, 2014
I’m new to AoS. Haven’t really played since fantasy but got the itch again so here I am. I signed up for a 1k tournament in July and this is my list I plan on taking. Any advice tips, tricks things to make it better let me know! Down at the bottom I’ll add the lore for my army also.

Army Faction: Soulblight Gravelords
- Army Type: Legion of Blood
- Grand Strategy: Dominating Presence
- Triumphs: Inspired

LEADER

Vampire Lord (140)
- General
- Command Traits: Aura of Dark Majesty
- Martial
- Artefacts: Soulbound Garments
- Spells: Invigorating Aura, Amethystine Pinions

Necromancer (125)
- Spells: Fading Vigour, Invigorating Aura

BATTLELINE

Deathrattle Skeletons (85)
- Skeleton Champion
- Standard Bearer

Deathrattle Skeletons (85)
- Skeleton Champion
- Standard Bearer
- Champion's Mace or Halberd

OTHER

1 x Grave Guard (280)
- Seneschal
- Standard Bearer
- Hornblower
- Great Wight Blade

1 x Grave Guard (280)
- Seneschal
- Standard Bearer
- Hornblower
- Great Wight Blade

TOTAL POINTS: (995/1000)

Created with Warhammer Age of Sigmar: The App

Lore:

The Pandoxian Empire is best known for its series of kingdoms and castles nestled atop snow capped mountains overlooking the fertile valley of Asbjorn or the Bear God.

An anomaly in the realm of Ghur due to its unusual inhabitants. The majority of the Empires citizens are infact unliving. The empire is a conglomerate of DeathRattle kingdoms with human settlements laying in the fertile valley and hinterlands along the river of Idonea. Unbeknownst to most of the living inhabitants instead of a all nourishing river the Idonea instead winds its way to a Realmgate leading straight to Shyish and the Lands of the Dead.

Another item that many visitors may find unnerving is how harmonious the living and unliving work together. Traditionally the Empire dispatches legions of undead to guard its borders and protect the living. All the while the fertile valley nourishes their bodies and upon their deaths they are given new unlife as soldiers in the Pandoxian Legions of the Dead.

The 12th Legion is one such famous fighting cohort and has been dispatched to the ends of the river to bring new human settlements under the Empires protection as well as guard the entrance to the valley.

The 12th Legion is one such famous fighting cohort and has been dispatched to the ends of the river to bring new human settlements under the Empires protection as well as guard the entrance to the valley.
If merchants and visitors can find the nerves to enter the lands of Asbjorn they will find plenty to do and trade! Make sure your first stop is at the Drunken Panda Inn along the main road into the Valley!

The Sun King

Staff member
True Blood
Aug 22, 2012
Copenhagen
I really like your list! Skeletons just got changed to 80 pts so you saved 10 pts in total.

Only thing I would change is to give your Vampire Lord arcane instead of martial.

With a list like this you will probably want to deploy everything except for one unit of GG that you can ambush with through a gravesite. Keep your heroes with your deployed unit of GG and use one of the skeleton units to act as a screen in front of them. Then use the other skeletons to hold a back objective. Your resurrection spells will be key to victory I think.

Good luck!

Ulrock

Zombie
Jul 10, 2014
I really like your list! Skeletons just got changed to 80 pts so you saved 10 pts in total.

Only thing I would change is to give your Vampire Lord arcane instead of martial.

With a list like this you will probably want to deploy everything except for one unit of GG that you can ambush with through a gravesite. Keep your heroes with your deployed unit of GG and use one of the skeleton units to act as a screen in front of them. Then use the other skeletons to hold a back objective. Your resurrection spells will be key to victory I think.

Good luck!

Gotcha so use skeletons to screen/ hold while 1 GG are for reserve attacks and other unit is main attack force buffed by heroes. Why arcane over martial? Anything else I should change?

with new rules I planned on doing the galletian veterans battalion for skeletons that give them the X3 cap count.
Then grave guard in the bounty hunters that do +1 damage to galletian veterans!

Reactions: The Sun King

The Sun King

Staff member
True Blood
Aug 22, 2012
Copenhagen
Sounds good! I prefer arcane because the vampire lord is not really amazing in combat and the extra buff to casting can be hard to deal with for your opponent in 1000pts. But both options are viable.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu