• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

Borgnine

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Jun 15, 2013
Pruszkow, Poland
Rejoice Death enthusiasts ;) we are getting some old models from GW thanks to their Made to Order thingy.

As they posted on the Warhammer Community page, in a week from now we'll be getting some heroes of old, including Settra the Imperishable, Queen Khalida and Zacharias the Everliving.

This will be a perfect opportunity to get some of those oldies while avoiding the internet scalpers. Seeing how Settra can go for 250 euros on ebay these days, whatever GW will want for them will be better than those prices ;) Now it would be nice to get some plastic kits from Tomb Kings too ;)

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008
Ah, I was reviewing this with nostalgia the other day, some of the older WHFB are brilliant. I think Zacharius still looks amazing although I'm dubious about the dragon and his pose.

Settra is also a brilliant model, and I reckon with some slight tweaking and surrounding ghostly spirits he would look good in Nighthaunt or Legion of Nagash army.

On some sites like Facebook, quite a few comments that these models don't really fit the "style" of AoS - do you think that's correct? I think they are still damn good models myself

Irisado

Ancient Vampire Lord | Siphoner of Spammers
Staff member
True Blood
May 22, 2010
Nottingham, UK
They can still be made to fit, but some elements of the models look very dated now. The skeleton horses, for example, are really awful compared to even later Warhammer versions of the skeleton steed, so in that sense some models can be very dated. Dragons and monsters have also improved significantly over time. All of that said, much depends on the modelling and painting employed on these old models. They can be made to look very good and blend in with a newer army by a skilled painter (i.e. not me).

Count michael

The Undead Sparky
May 17, 2010
Timaru
I would really love if they brought back the old Sartosa Vampire model, really love that model and hated the fact I never got one before they went OOP. I always wanted to field a wraith fleet style force and he would be perfect for my general

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu