• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

Lord Elpus

Ghoul
Mar 19, 2012
Well, I figured it was about time to start one of these!

This blog will cover the myriad of projects that this (rather proud) hobby butterfly indulges in!
Been painting since the 80's ( grief I feel old!) and started with Orcs and Goblins, well mainly Night Goblins, then my 2nd army was the old Undead when everything was under one volume. Sadly ALL my old lead undead has gone:swear::o still only have one or two bits left, but my Vampire counts army began with the first book and I left the old Undead behind... although most of the models have changed over the years the composition of the army has basically remained the same since the first Undead book. Apologies for the bad lighting, I only have a bad overhead and one daylight bulb to work with in my bunker..So without further ado!!!!

1st unit of Ghouls..

My Etherials...

Ghosts

Wraiths

Banshees

Next up:
1st Varghulf

Black Coach

Reactions: Dragonet

Shadespyre

Vampire Count
Aug 11, 2012
Nicely understated ethereals, glowy yet dark at the same time.

I'm always interested to see the other stuff that Vampire Counts fans collect / paint / model, I'm quite eclectic myself. I think variety keeps the hobby fresh.

Lord Elpus

Ghoul
Mar 19, 2012
A problem for me is that I've never found a bat swarm that I like, so I cobbled these together from paperclips and bats courtesy of AoWxD. Yes I KNOW they look terrible, but they only cost a pittance and for me they'll do until such times as they can be replaced by something I like.

1st unit of Grave guard

A mordheim Vampire up next. It never failed to amaze me how they could get the Mordheim stuff so nice, but then when it came to WFB they sculpted stuff using their noses.

And lastly, An Orc shaman.. this model is a classic (gawd bless Brian Nelson) and somehow I always thought it resembled Clint Eastwood.... don't ask..... but I was never satisfied with how I painted him, so after stripping him, I painted him up today

Lord Elpus

Ghoul
Mar 19, 2012

3/5 units of Zombies now finished, sadly my condition at the moment means I can't paint as much as I'd like.

Lord Elpus

Ghoul
Mar 19, 2012
Got some of the Zombie command from Black Tree Design today, They are REALLY nice sculpts!
Musician:

Std Bearer:

Hero:

Even with the miscast on the Standard, I think the detailing is still quite nice.

Last edited:

Lord Elpus

Ghoul
Mar 19, 2012
And Lo.... Mork did speak unto me and said " Oi! get off out of it and paint me some Fanatics or I'll crump you one"

so I did!!

42 of them....

Borgnine

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Jun 15, 2013
Pruszkow, Poland
I don't know if I am curious why would you would need so much of them or whether I'd rather not know xD This reminds me of a list full of 20 ngoblin units with 3 fanatics each - nothing else! It was said that it was impossible to beat - it won't win either, but won't be beaten :)

Reactions: Lord Elpus

Lord Elpus

Ghoul
Mar 19, 2012
Finding it very difficult to get motivated and paint undead things when it's bright , sunny and warm out... Am I the only one that's affected with painting seasonality?

Farmer7574

Vampire Count
True Blood
Dec 10, 2013
England
@Lord Elpus Not at all :)

It's been about 30-35 degrees here lately and the weather makes it hard to keep focused to paint. Awesome for greenstuffing though :)

Happy thought: slow progress is still progress.

Lord Elpus

Ghoul
Mar 19, 2012
Nice stuff! How are you doing your snow bases?

Very simple mate, just a dab of PVA on the base, then dip into the Citadel snow, shake off excess and voila! then purity seal over the top after 24 hours to ensure it's totally dry..

Lord Elpus

Ghoul
Mar 19, 2012
Cool piece! Snow and black ground give off a nice rough feel, fitting to some mine or such :thumbsup:

Who makes such nice dwarf wagons?

Well....this was from G.W in the Battle for Skull Pass starter set.. a nice little piece...

Lord Elpus

Ghoul
Mar 19, 2012
Now, as you know I also paint up doctor Who Miniatures...

Well.. This came in the post today!

It's from Yeomanmodels.com the certainly have a lot of nice stuff there..

I'm thinking of leaving it as it is, and not paint the windows and signs..

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu